Louise Cooney # 5 Cloo-less Cooney launches brand, and in true form it is bland.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What if the orders are still coming in, who’s going to pack them and ship them?
Wang Li Huang, the 14 year old son from the local Chinese,
Start as you mean to go on, or in this case continue how you started. 🙂

In the back ass of a sweatshop in China.

I just hope she can make it until January, she’s close to burn out, or as I said she’s close to going up in flames in that highly flammable outfit.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I literally thought the same thing. It looked messy

QUOTE="trebor, post: 7126174, member: 225414"]
Minor thing I know, but the mismatch of different hangers that the products were hanging from shows no attention to detail.

And if I've to see another photo of that cropped jacket :oops:
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: 4
Imagine pretending to be a boss witch then using the free hangers from Penney’s, and maybe Next or so as they’re all different, for your brand launch. I just see her (or Megan the house elf) spending the time beforehand to take the Penney’s size sticker off the hanger. That’s probably the most effort that’s gone into this ‘brand’.

3EBBBC35-8372-4ADA-85BA-04F40A581817.png

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Minor thing I know, but the mismatch of different hangers that the products were hanging from shows no attention to detail.

And if I've to see another photo of that cropped jacket :oops:
This is something that I noticed as well. I don’t think it’s a minor thing at all. It looked like she rooted through her wardrobe to find a few hangers

Reactions: 6
From her stories: “It was great to show some friends and new faces the collection. I’ll do a try on and go through the pieces in detail over the next week”

Why is it her priority to show her friends the collection and not her following who will be the ones paying for it? She totally had this press launch to make her feel like girl boss witch. It was pointless. Why is she saying she’ll try on the pieces “over the next week”, she should be wearing a different piece each day right up until they go on sale, and giving a detailed account of how they perform day to day and in the gym. Not a few second try on in her living room mirror where she says “so nice” fifty times while stroking her thigh, which is what we will most likely get. This whole thing is embarrassing and extremely amateur

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Even the fact it can’t go on sale yet, like what is going on? It’s bonkers. All the ‘hype’ will be over, this is 101 of how not to do a brand launch.

Reactions: 17
The whole thing is so half arsed and lazy. I always get the sense that she expects things to be handed to her. I’d say she thinks because her name is attached to it, that it will just sell itself

Same when she went to New York, I think she just thought things would be handed to her on a plate

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Influencing has given her a level of entitlement and expectation. Endless freebies through the door everyday, endless praise and compliments, people congratulating you for as much as breathing. They don’t have to do much to get praise and adoration. A hard days graft includes going for lunches and filming yourself talking twaddle to the camera. They’ve had their heads filled with absolute shite from their followers for years now, and they believe their own hype. This is all about the money for Louise, there doesn’t seem to be any passion or excitement for the brand at all. It’s all so lazy and unimaginative and I can see it bombing

Reactions: 10
Influencing has given her a level of entitlement and expectation. Endless freebies through the door everyday, endless praise and compliments, people congratulating you for as much as breathing. They don’t have to do much to get praise and adoration. A hard days graft includes going for lunches and filming yourself talking twaddle to the camera. They’ve had their heads filled with absolute shite from their followers for years now, and they believe their own hype. This is all about the money for Louise, there doesn’t seem to be any passion or excitement for the brand at all. It’s all so lazy and unimaginative and I can see it bombing
I dread to think what plan she has in place for shipping orders if this has been the plan so far, your so right even look at the interview on Ireland am. Nothing but praise for her and for what? Like she hasn’t done anything groundbreaking in the slightest.

Reactions: 8
And I don’t think Louise is the most resilient type to take a knock if this bombs. She massively struggled in lockdown (didn’t we all) despite living in her cosy home with a nice family who cooked and cleaned for her everyday. I assume she wasn’t paying rent, had zero money troubles, but she was miserable because the gravy train she had become so accustomed to had stopped. I remember watching her as her family had endless movie nights, would get takeaways every Friday and she seemed to have nothing but love and support around her but she never stopped moaning. She needs the glitz and the glam and the endless praise and events to feel she has a purpose. This is what this new venture is all about, she likes the idea of owning her own brand like Rosie and Pippa but seemingly hasn’t a clue how to actually market or manage it and is massively winging it. But at least she can put “founder of Cloo active” in her insta bio 🙄

Reactions: 15
My favourite quotes from Louise Clooless 🤣

“I’m probably best known for my fashion credentials” BAHAHAHAHAHA 🤣

Speaking to the Irish Daily Mail’s You Mag, Louise confirmed she was in a relationship but explained that her

partner was very private and she was happy to honour that,
“I have a boyfriend, yes,
he’s private so I respect that,
It’s not a secret but there is no reason to share him with the world.”

a few weeks later…

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The best part is….
Louise Cooney: ‘There weren’t many people making a career out of blogging at the time back in 2014, when I started.’ Picture: Fergal Phillips
For fashion brands, a mention on Louise Cooney’s Instagram page is valuable currency. The Limerick native, one of Ireland’s most prominent influencers, has a strong online reach and legions of followers who take her style advice seriously.
It’s hardly any wonder, then, that Cooney has decided to use her hard-won platform to market her own products. Last week she launched Cloo, a line of womens’ activewear which has attracted significant interest..

they then ask you to PAY TO READ THE REST OF THIS BULLFUCLOOKERY 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The stuff is really bad quality, and is so boring. I expected more from Louise, she’s always wore nice gym clothes. I’m particularly surprised at the tops. The cropped style she chose … sorry… designed 🙄…..cuts her off mid torso only highlighting her short torso. I agree with everyone here, it’s a lazy attempt at something she knows will sell fairly well to the sheep. Louise could and should have done better.

Reactions: 6
Maybe an unpopular opinion. But i dont get why she chose her brand to be workout gear. Like she is fairly fit but it wasnt like she is a fitness “instahun” i feel like she only started doing the workouts during covid. So like 1.5 years? Hardly an expert. Laura Dorgan would make more sense and have more creditably in the fitness gear world.

Reactions: 4
This one has a Masters in Marketing? 😆
Yeah but have a look at her LinkedIn. She was 3 years in Tourism Ireland and the only other places she’s worked were for max 7 months. I don’t know how much exposure you’d get in tourism Ireland given its government funded. I know marketing can involve a lot of interning at the start and it can be difficult to get a permanent gig the first few years out of college but some of those social media manager type Jobs are very wishy washy.

Reactions: 3
I wonder what she has done with the small landfill worth of gym gear she has accumulated over the last two years. Just sitting in her wardrobe unused?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.