Louis Theroux documentaries

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Louis, who have you upset in the industry to agree to do such garbage TV?
The interviews with Stormzy is 72 years old, Rita Ora, Yungblud and probably even Katherine Ryan were just Louis pandering to a younger crowd after his TikTok 'Jiggle Jiggle' fame.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Couldn't really warm to Rita at all. Everything just seemed a bit off the whole time he spent with her

Reactions: 4
Louis has confirmed on Twitter that a second series of his Interviews show will be made and he wants to get Elon Musk and Donald Trump to participate. My initial reaction is "Ugh no...but I would definitely watch that!".

Reactions: 3
Louis has confirmed on Twitter that a second series of his Interviews show will be made and he wants to get Elon Musk and Donald Trump to participate. My initial reaction is "Ugh no...but I would definitely watch that!".
But why would he bother with those two? He’s not challenging anybody in these interviews. Is he just going to sit there and let them shine?! Nobody wants to see that.

Louie has utterly lost it in recent years. Crap documentaries, crap interviews, and books where he comes across as a raging narcissist.

Didn't mind the Bear one - felt a bit more like his older documentaries. At least they were out doing stuff with this one
late to the party just saw this, Bear seems like a weird person imo, there is something that seems very off, and the lying about certain aspects of his show proves this... the thing about his first date with his now wife, convincing her to come in PJs and a coat to a (presumably fancy) restaurant knowing they would take it off seems a bit like a weird test. I would personally be mortified

I cannot think of anything worse than either of these two, just listening to their self absorbed rambling, I don't get the impression they would have anything interesting to say, just narcissism

In his dreams! He's sold his soul to showbiz and interviewing the likes of Rita Ora and other D Listers. There's no way these high profile people would want anything to do with him anymore.

Maybe 10 years ago he could of gone down that route (like a modern day Paxman) but I think deep down Louis has always just wanted to be famous and adulated.

Reactions: 5
Yeah after the first round of interviews it definitely seems his connections aren't what they once were. I guess he's done most of the documentary topics and a lot of the recent ones were even going over old ground. I suppose it would be interesting if he tried to catch up with some of those featured in Weird Weekend 20 odd years ago. (But I guess he kind of did that in lockdown, it was rubbish though over the computer screen) Also I imagine quite a few of them are dead.

Reactions: 2
The interviewees for the second series of Louis Theroux Interviews:
  • Two-time world heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua
  • Actor and producer, Ashley Walters
  • Whistleblower and activist, Chelsea Manning
  • Hollywood icon, Dame Joan Collins
  • Artist and musician, Pete Doherty
  • Singer-songwriter, Raye

Reactions: 9
I wish he would go back to doing his documentaries about controversial topics rather than just interviewing celebs!

Reactions: 16
I will always watch Joan Collins.

Yeah not too many that interest me this time around. Probably only watch the Pete one. Never even heard of Raye.

No one needs or wants more celeb ego-fests! 🙄
Louis has lost any respect he had as a serious interviewer, it like he's trying to be the new Parkinson.

Exactly, id rathwr see him interview some conspiracy theorists or incels or something

Reactions: 8
Exactly, id rathwr see him interview some conspiracy theorists or incels or something
I’m surprised he isn’t doing this or a variation of the documentary style podcasts in general. The BBC seems to have very good success within that market and we have seen how podcasts can turn into live shows, books and even have a documentary accompanying them with the podcast acting as a more “in depth” thing

I personally don’t really get the appeal of celebrity interviews 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I’m surprised he isn’t doing this or a variation of the documentary style podcasts in general. The BBC seems to have very good success within that market and we have seen how podcasts can turn into live shows, books and even have a documentary accompanying them with the podcast acting as a more “in depth” thing

I personally don’t really get the appeal of celebrity interviews 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yeh exactly, especially as there are so many of this crazy groups now. As others have said the only one I'd be interested in watching would be Doherty just because I haven't heard anything about him in ages

His interview thing came back tonight but it was Anthony Joshua so passed me by.

Reactions: 1
Is there a thread or chat on Pete Doherty- the latest documentary

Here you go (I had to add text)

Reactions: 1