LornaLuxe #4 Acrylic nappy sales gone through the roof, thanks to LL’s colossal camel hoof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wasn’t going to post this but it’s been bothering me for about a week now and seeing your post has given me some confidence! I like you have followed her for about a year and liked her. I started my own brand last year, which as you can imagine is struggling atm, anyway.... I’ve never touched influencers because they don’t seem to understand that it’s a huge expense for a small business and a start up (I do have some quite funny inboxes from influencers requesting freebies for another post and when i reply - can you guarantee me an ROI? I need to see x% in sales for this to be worth my while they soon bugger off) anyway! Sorry if you’re still with me I’ll get to the point.
I messaged her the other night asking ONLY if influencers like her would ever consider working with a start-up or does there have to be some momentum behind the brand. Well the reply I got knocked me sideways and I’ve not been able to stop thinking about it. She looked at my brands Insta and told me that I should “start from scratch” (direct quote). I felt so insulted and it didn’t answer my question. I’ve had professionals working with me on this etc. I don’t need to chime off my C.V. I just replied very happy but inside I was like 😭 wtf but it’s been bothering me for days. Since all this I’ve found her EXTREMELY passive aggressive like the emoji reply and this filter I’ve had over my eyes has been lifted.
p.s. not upset that LL doesn’t like my brand but the sheer audacity of the reply “start from scratch” makes me scared for the deluded authority and arrogance influencers think they have.
I hope I don’t receive hate for posting this from anyone - I just needed to get this off my chest with other people who see through her filter.
Tbh you sound light years ahead of your competitors just for having an awareness of ROI / measurable campaign performance so I wouldn’t worry about the likes of her. I work in data so have (in the past, do more strategic stuff now) done a lot of campaign wrap ups and tbh with you even partnerships with big brands often tank. However one thing I can’t abide about the influencer industry is their exploitation of SMBs / indie creators’ naïveté. So many brands send stuff and see absolutely no impact from it, and have lost stock :/ The influencers know what they’re doing they’re just grabby bastards.

You have to remember you’re building something with your (evident) professional know how and you’re building something up that no one can take away. She’s reliant on her husband’s credit cards to grow her audience with obscene giveaways, she’s not even a particularly good creator she just had the right aesthetic. It’s a fickle industry and she’s built nothing up beyond Chanel bag and acrylic jumpsuit so more fool her. Edited to add, check out her companies house filings 🤐 you’re not getting advice from a savvy biz woman I promise you that!

She is thick as tit some of the stuff she’s come out with shows she probably isn’t even fit for an office junior role so I wouldn’t let her discourage your pursuits. Wish you the best & dont worry, covid will pass! X

Reactions: 10
She wants a lifestyle that suits the narrative in her head.
She said herself this very week that all the lounge wear has been tit yet she’s been flogging the guck out of asos and nasty gal telling everyone how fabulous it all is.. because she’s on a commission and for no other reason!

id personally struggle to buy anything from any brands that associate with her ( and the likes of her)

Anyone watching the numbers for her giveaway ? Another grand from the bank of John!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Tbh you sound light years ahead of your competitors just for having an awareness of ROI / measurable campaign performance so I wouldn’t worry about the likes of her. I work in data so have (in the past, do more strategic stuff now) done a lot of campaign wrap ups and tbh with you even partnerships with big brands often tank. However one thing I can’t abide about the influencer industry is their exploitation of SMBs / indie creators’ naïveté. So many brands send stuff and see absolutely no impact from it, and have lost stock :/ The influencers know what they’re doing they’re just grabby bastards.

You have to remember you’re building something with your (evident) professional know how and you’re building something up that no one can take away. She’s reliant on her husband’s credit cards to grow her audience with obscene giveaways, she’s not even a particularly good creator she just had the right aesthetic. It’s a fickle industry and she’s built nothing up beyond Chanel bag and acrylic jumpsuit so more fool her. Edited to add, check out her companies house filings 🤐 you’re not getting advice from a savvy biz woman I promise you that!

She is thick as tit some of the stuff she’s come out with shows she probably isn’t even fit for an office junior role so I wouldn’t let her discourage your pursuits. Wish you the best & dont worry, covid will pass! X
awww thank you my love xxx you’re all so lovely xxxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I wasn’t going to post this but it’s been bothering me for about a week now and seeing your post has given me some confidence! I like you have followed her for about a year and liked her. I started my own brand last year, which as you can imagine is struggling atm, anyway.... I’ve never touched influencers because they don’t seem to understand that it’s a huge expense for a small business and a start up (I do have some quite funny inboxes from influencers requesting freebies for another post and when i reply - can you guarantee me an ROI? I need to see x% in sales for this to be worth my while they soon bugger off) anyway! Sorry if you’re still with me I’ll get to the point.
I messaged her the other night asking ONLY if influencers like her would ever consider working with a start-up or does there have to be some momentum behind the brand. Well the reply I got knocked me sideways and I’ve not been able to stop thinking about it. She looked at my brands Insta and told me that I should “start from scratch” (direct quote). I felt so insulted and it didn’t answer my question. I’ve had professionals working with me on this etc. I don’t need to chime off my C.V. I just replied very happy but inside I was like 😭 wtf but it’s been bothering me for days. Since all this I’ve found her EXTREMELY passive aggressive like the emoji reply and this filter I’ve had over my eyes has been lifted.
p.s. not upset that LL doesn’t like my brand but the sheer audacity of the reply “start from scratch” makes me scared for the deluded authority and arrogance influencers think they have.
I hope I don’t receive hate for posting this from anyone - I just needed to get this off my chest with other people who see through her filter.
Unfortunately this doesn't surprise me, the interactions I've had with her (minimal to be fair) have been rude and obnoxious. Baffled by what she even means by 'start from scratch' but then she probably doesn't even know herself. Oh how my beige loungewear tinted glasses have slipped!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She wants a lifestyle that suits the narrative in her head.
She said herself this very week that all the lounge wear has been tit yet she’s been flogging the guck out of asos and nasty gal telling everyone how fabulous it all is.. because she’s on a commission and for no other reason!

id personally struggle to buy anything from any brands that associate with her ( and the likes of her)

Anyone watching the numbers for her giveaway ? Another grand from the bank of John!
I thought this the other day, she's spent the past few weeks promoting Nasty Gal loungewear sets, literally buying a new one every day. Now she's ripped them off and is claiming they're all crap and hers are better? Snake behaviour at it's finest

Reactions: 11
Wow, she’s just one rude cow, hope you don’t take the slightest bit of notice of her, she knows naff all and is only an authority on being a complete and utter fraud

I would completely ignore her disgraceful comment. You asked a question. She could have been more gracious.

I learnt one thing from social media. Especially the gram. It was from a certain individual called James Smith. He can be somewhat passive aggressive, but a lovely bloke who has done incredible in the fitness industry. He categorically will not do any sponsored advertisements. Why ? Because most influencers that get flogged freebies would not use them on an everyday basis and not be dedicated to that brand, than consume the freebies they get, than just pay for them out there own pocket.

Basically you have to 100% be into a brand and believe in it.

I used to like her. Now, in lock down & more time to consume a tiny screen and watch her performances, i find her incredibly vapid. Please tell me what her actual job is ? Tell me how she influences people. ????

I think a wake up call needs to be had.

Life after lock down is going to knock people side ways. Financially and emotionally. Do we really need this excessive consumerism shoved in our faces. The debt of this country is and will be phenomenal. People like her are feeding insecure girls into thinking they have to momentarily buy, buy, buy to look like LL. I’m sorry but I do not get it.

I buy for me. For my own taste. This cheap, throw away fashion needs to stop.

All these tags of brands and freebies is not for her followers, but so she gets a constant feed of ‘freebies’

After what the world has gone through... an influencer is not someone that sits in a bathrobe and spends an hour showing us her makeup tutorials. If she had more hobbies, or more depth into the world around her, I wouldn’t be posting photos on here of troll dolls.

To me it’s all a joke. I’m just a yogi / fitness girl.. I’m feminine, I love my fashion. But man. Wake up. Smell the coffee. She’s almost 40, & lives in a bubble of insecurities and a vortex of self consumption. It’s boring. I would respect her more if she showed more than the same thing everyday.

It’s like watching a soap. You know what to expect on the next episode.

Rant over 🤘🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She knows tit all about anything, don't take a slight be of notice of this airhead

I think your doing a fantastic job building a brand and thinking ahead during these times, to have the courage, intelligence and work ethic to do this should be applauded. Please please please keep at it, sounds to me your on the way to making it a huge success ❤

Reactions: 6
She knows tit all about anything, don't take a slight be of notice of this airhead

I think your doing a fantastic job building a brand and thinking ahead during these times, to have the courage, intelligence and work ethic to do this should be applauded. Please please please keep at it, sounds to me your on the way to making it a huge success ❤
Thank you ❤ I can’t tell you how much these lovely words mean to me!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
do you think she designs the same way as all the z-listers on ITS? As in picks out items from an online wholesale catalogue ?
If you watch the rest of the season of the Breaking Fashion programme you see how it works with other collaborations. The staff mood board then the ‘celeb’ wafts in and says yes, yes, yes, no etc! Although the ITS guy did say a couple of times how involved LL wanted to be - came across that he wasn’t a fan (as has previously been mentioned)

Reactions: 3
WTF. Does start from scratch mean ??? Rafts not an informative reply ..

Reactions: 2
No one watched her live farce with Mrs R but thousands of them gagging for the giveaway money. That should have lifted the engagement!

Reactions: 4
Was “start from scratch” all she said? That’s a very genuine question to be asking imo
Few months back LL was posting about watching a daily you tube life coach that she was getting inspiration from .. Shes obviously posting too many of his Quotes in her DM’s and stories ..Bet she thinks she’s sounds so clever but really she doesn’t know what she’s talking about !!!

Reactions: 1
aw thank you! No I haven’t it’s just confirmed why I will NEVER work with influencers 😂 they have no clue
She is FAKE FAKE FAKE. Do not listen to her because what the hell does she know. She parades about in designer this and designer that and then does a collaboration with ITS flogging the cheapest and ugliest tat. Keep your integrity lovely and you will go far xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
All I’m seeing is other influencers in her new collection
Surely not !!! She’s not ‘giving’ her collection to friends and celebs This time she’s choosing NHS / key workers instead !! .. DOH. ooohhh LL liar liar acrylic pants on fire !!! ( if we keep being .. ‘repetitive’ we might remember it for our new thread 😂😂‘. LL posts one thing for the glory then does the opposite
BUT SERIOUSLY would you want it for FREE !! This is a pic of a ‘happy Customer ‘ with her LL designer lounge wear !!OMG this pic is making me feel itchy already

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Surely not !!! She’s not ‘giving’ her collection to friends and celebs This time she’s choosing NHS / key workers instead !! .. DOH. ooohhh LL liar liar acrylic pants on fire !!! ( if we keep being .. ‘repetitive’ we might remember it for our new thread 😂😂‘. LL posts one thing for the glory then does the opposite
BUT SERIOUSLY would you want it for FREE !! This is a pic of a ‘happy Customer ‘ with her LL designer lounge wear !!OMG this pic is making me feel itchy already
OMG it’s bleeping horrendous, the creases are giving me anxiety

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I honestly don’t know why the ITS customer base don’t cut out the middle man and just go straight to Ali express?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.