Loose Women #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Denise and Coleen did used to be good friends - I remember that years ago when I used to watch LW - Denise spoke about visiting Coleen Nolan at her house for a get-together. I think something did happen and they are now not quite as chummy. Nolan did rubbish mental health on one episode of LW and Denise has suffered quite badly with depression so this did not go down well at all.

Reactions: 4
I think Brenda and Judi are great. As you say, Judi has experience as a social worker and uses that to bring a rounded view. She's also very funny. Charlene and Kéllé need to go. Penny Lancaster-Stewart is only on there because of who her husband is, the same with Paris Fury. They need to scale back the panellists, as I forget that Penny is still on the show. I like Kaye, Ruth and Christine presenting. I hope Stacey doesn't return after maternity leave. Vanessa Feltz would be a great Loose Woman.

Have Denise and Coleen fallen out? They used to be quite close, Coleen was quoted as saying that she moved to Cheshire to be closer to Denise. But, they never seem to be on the show together any more or hanging out. Denise holds get together for the Cheshire celebrities and puts it on Instagram, but I don't see Coleen there. Denise lives in Wilmslow and Coleen is in the next town, Handforth. I'd have thought she'd get an invite.
Vanessa Feltz would be great. She’s really grown on me

Reactions: 4
@houseoftea

Very well put. Charlene & Kellie give uncomfortable “I’m always the victim vibes” & they put too much emphasis on black.

Jamal was an inspiration to everyone, he didn’t see colour when working with Ed sheeran. I agree that if a white panellist said what charlene did there would be an uproar. They are actually moving the black community backwards.

Reactions: 6
Someone pointed out on another thread that she says "in our community" a lot in reference to black people and that she is creating a them and us atmosphere and I don't think that's right.
Janet pulled her up on this yesterday and said "In everyone's community!" Things got a bit shouty and heated

• Wow
Reactions: 18
It’s offensive to segregate and say in our community.

I suspect Kellie has threatened discrimination or hinted at it to the management - there is no other reason I can see to keep her in the panel. She has picked so many fights & cannot handle an opinion from a white panellist about anything a black personality does (the Meghan debates).

She needs to go. Imagine having a colleague like that.

Reactions: 11
Charlene isn't prepared to debate or discuss. It's always a case of she is right, and if you question her or even just disagree, the inference is that it must be because you doubt the thoughts, intelligence, culture or experience of a black woman.

It's as if she takes it as unconscious bias, rather than a genuine alternative viewpoint. And then she is condescending, because she sees that person as too stupid to recognise their racism.

I find the "in our community" stuff really patronising as well. I'm aware that black people say auntie and sister, and that afro hair is different to white hair. I don't need to be educated on these things like a child.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
They all need to be reminded that there are certain behaviours that won’t be tolerated on air. I think the lack of a live audience has made the panellists forget they are on air. I prefer the lack of audience but not at the expense of civility and orderly debate. That’s another thing, there has been a lot of talking over each other, a cacophony of sound with no actual viewpoints being discerned because it sounds like a rabble. I find myself switching off more and more.

Reactions: 7
I automatically switch off when Linda is there. I had to watch her this week as I wanted to hear about Jamal.

Reactions: 5
If Linda lives in the same street as Kate, I bet she would love to help Kate Garraway with the laundry. Kate looked utterly exhausted and drowning in washing in that clip. The house looks a mess. Linda loves cleaning and do the washing, she would probably be willing to help her get on top of things.

Reactions: 2
I agree with everything that has been said about Charlene & Kelle. I cannot stand either of them. And it's not because of their race. It's because they are both so biased & rude it makes them both so unlikeable. Charlene in particular has real attitude and she always has to be right! And Kelle eyerolling like mad when Janet or Jane are talking about something! Rude!
I also hope Stacey doesn't return but unfortunately I think she will 🙁
And why have we had to endure Linda for 3 days in a row...don't they usually just do two?

Reactions: 9
And me! I just watched it on catch up was looking forward to a cuppa and loose woman very disappointed
I think he's a darn sight more interesting than some of the z listers they get on here. Janet and Jane are enjoying this episode. He's a very accomplished actor.

Reactions: 5
Calling Linda in 3 days in a row to provide precisely nothing. She is out of place

Reactions: 6
Sorry if any of you have already read this over on the Charlene thread but I felt it needed posting here too.
Something Kelle said yesterday is really bugging me 😏 Kelle said that when TTC her two children she made a plan of the exact dates to try to give her the best odds of her children being born in September as she wanted them to be the oldest in their year and therefore giving them an advantage over their classmates who may have been born later in the academic year. That’s all fine, each to their own, most people are just grateful to be able to get pregnant but…. on Monday she said that she was told it was very unlikely that she was ever going to have children because of her Lupus condition. It was only when she had been told that her Lupus was dormant for a short time that she was given the go ahead to try for a baby. Very convenient (and lucky) that her Lupus was dormant at the exact time she needed to be able to time a pregnancy so accurately that BOTH her children were born in September! 🤔😏

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.