Loose Women #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So many celebrity and “celebrity” tributes. Mostly nice things being said but a lot of one-upmanship “we chatted the other week” etc. I personally hate tributes where the poster apparently needs to be in the photo too 🙄
I so agree with this, I can't bear it. They make it about themselves.

Reactions: 8
How so? Genuine question not a criticism.
I thought she did a brilliant job considering her and Judi were with Brenda until the early hours of the day and she was clearly affected by Jamal's passing.
Can’t put my finger on it. Charlene seem to want to one up the others, where Judi wanted to be anywhere but. I might be wrong. Love Judi but something niggles me about Charlene.

Reactions: 11
Judi comes across genuine all the time.

I think charlene knew Brenda for a short time but they became close quickly.

Reactions: 4
I feel like Janet is quite close to Brenda.

Was surprised that Charlene is close enough to her to be the one comforting her, they've never struck me as being particularly close.

I remember a while ago Brenda was mentioning that she was hesitant to take the vaccine. I hope Jamal's death doesn't become linked with that.

Tough for the other LW because if you say something you're imposing and if you don't it looks like you're silent. I think the best thing to have done would have been to close off social media for the night and pay tribute in the morning. Co ordinate it with the other LW.

But shrieking Denise had to be there first. She could have handled it better

Something about Charlene's demeanour is always so off though. Even today, when she mentioned others posting on social media she was far too aggressive. She's too keen to dish out blame and criticism and has no self awareness.. She thinks she's a bit of a princess and certainly has an ego.

All she had to do was mention that Brenda sadly didn't have the opportunity to break the news herself. It's a horrific time for Brenda and Charlene baiting like that isn't helping at all.

Some people would appreciate others breaking the news, so they don't have to.

Reactions: 15
I know what you mean about Charlene. Not so much today but in general she has a slightly snotty, thinks she is better than most and to be quite honest I find her a bit dull, switch off mentally when it is her turn to tell a story. However, I think her tribute to Jemal and her support for Brenda was sincere and moving today.

Reactions: 15
I agree shrieking “I have to be the centre of attention” Denise didn’t need to comment yet.

Brenda has enough to deal with & charlene did stoke the issue as well.

I hope Brenda doesn’t give up performing after this. She is a very strong woman (cancer, parents dying etc) but there is so much one can take.

All the pics of Jamal are heartbreaking - his smile & lack of arrogance. A complete contrast to that ghastly Steven Bartlett.

Reactions: 12
Something about Charlene's demeanour is always so off though. Even today, when she mentioned others posting on social media she was far too aggressive. She's too keen to dish out blame and criticism and has no self awareness.. She thinks she's a bit of a princess and certainly has an ego.
I think Charlene could be on the autistic spectrum.

Reactions: 5
I know what you mean about Charlene. Not so much today but in general she has a slightly snotty, thinks she is better than most and to be quite honest I find her a bit dull, switch off mentally when it is her turn to tell a story. However, I think her tribute to Jemal and her support for Brenda was sincere and moving today.
Yes, snotty is the perfect word for it. I don't like using "aggressive" when talking about a black woman but I can't think of another way to put it.

Although she did give a nice tribute today and it must be very hard for anyone to do. But even harder when you'd been comforting Brenda just a few hours before.

Reactions: 4
Why did the never go back to having a live studio audience? I understand covid but plenty of shows for ages have had a live audience now.

Reactions: 1
Not to deviate from the subject in hand but yes, Charlene sucks. She’s soooooo dull and that fake laugh. She probably was sad from the news today but there was a bit of acting going on to continue the pained voice

Reactions: 10
Poor Brenda has been in my thoughts today. Jamal was and is still such an inspiration. The music industry wouldn’t be the same without his work and his legacy will live on forever.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
On Lady Leshurr’s Instagram stories there were people gathered around a shrine made for Jamal underneath his mural and Brenda was there singing “The Greatest Love Of All” through a megaphone

So brave only a day later

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
On Lady Leshurr’s Instagram stories there were people gathered around a shrine made for Jamal underneath his mural and Brenda was there singing “The Greatest Love Of All” through a megaphone

So brave only a day later
Oh no I’m in bits and I have to leave for work in a few mins😭😭😭Brenda is such a strong woman. She’s been through so much bless her. And what an amazing turnout for Jamal. She must be so proud to see how many lives her son positively impacted.

• Heart
Not to deviate from the subject in hand but yes, Charlene sucks. She’s soooooo dull and that fake laugh. She probably was sad from the news today but there was a bit of acting going on to continue the pained voice
I am finding Charlene makes everything about race. When Brenda's son (RIP) was on the show, she was talking about how he is an inspiration to black men and being the first black man etc. Why can't she just congratulate him on his success without making it a novelty and about race? Someone pointed out on another thread that she says "in our community" a lot in reference to black people and that she is creating a them and us atmosphere and I don't think that's right. We should all be one big community. A white panellist would not get away with talking about the white community in a way that excludes viewers.

Reactions: 19
I am finding Charlene makes everything about race. When Brenda's son (RIP) was on the show, she was talking about how he is an inspiration to black men and being the first black man etc. Why can't she just congratulate him on his success without making it a novelty and about race? Someone pointed out on another thread that she says "in our community" a lot in reference to black people and that she is creating a them and us atmosphere and I don't think that's right. We should all be one big community. A white panellist would not get away with talking about the white community in a way that excludes viewers.
I think she is completely right to bring the experience of being a black person in the UK into the conversation but she does it in an aggressive way, as does Kelle. I know that the aggressive angry black woman is an offensive trope to some but there is no other way of saying it, they are both aggressive and unpleasant sometimes when trying to get their point across. Brenda and Judi have slotted into the panel so well. They are there as women panellists, there to represent black women sure, but just has part of a team that get along, sometimes bringing the experience of being a black woman, but in the main just getting along with everyone, having a laugh.

As a viewer I am on edge when Charlene and Kelle are on, both separately and together. By that I don’t mean necessarily it is what they say, just the fact they create an atmosphere on set, and it’s an uncomfortable watch as a viewer. It is like they want a divide. They are there to entertain the viewers, but they are making it about them. You don’t get that with Judi and Brenda. Judi in particular I love. She brings great warmth and her previous role in social care brings a depth of discussion to the panel, she has experience on the front line that the other panellists do not have.

Charlene and Kelle were exchanging pointed looks when JSP was talking yesterday. Kelle was very rude to Jane Moore a few weeks back. They need to be aware that the camera picks up these micro aggressions. From the viewers perspective it doesn’t look great. Kelle made a point that she always turned up for work yesterday but sadly could not when she found out about the untimely death of Jamal. That inferred a professionalism that is missing from her interactions with other panellists.

There has been a marked decrease in manners recently among the panellists. Penny Lancaster is another uncomfortable watch, she is so far removed from real life (a Rolls Royce picks her up from a shift as a special constable) but she is smug, patronising and relatable. Little spats and giving each other the side eye. Some hysteria (Denise, Carol). They aren’t all friends, which is what they would have you believe, nor do they have to be, but they are sometimes bringing a mean girl attitude onto the set. It is unsettling for the viewer. You can disagree without falling out. People like Sunetra, Ruth, Katie, and Judi say what they have to say without an edge.

I think the producers need to have a word with all the panellists, bring in a protocol on behaviours on set. It’s not about them, it’s about the viewers. They all have life experience to bring to the table, but it needs to be shared in an inclusive way. By inclusive, I mean including the viewer, not just there to use their platform to promote their issues about race and covid and goodness knows what else, and to drop the digs and the side eye. They are there to stimulate discussion from all angles, not one person has the edge over anyone else on that panel. They are in a privileged position, earning a decent appearance fee, but it’s a job, not the playground or their own social media platform.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think Brenda and Judi are great. As you say, Judi has experience as a social worker and uses that to bring a rounded view. She's also very funny. Charlene and Kéllé need to go. Penny Lancaster-Stewart is only on there because of who her husband is, the same with Paris Fury. They need to scale back the panellists, as I forget that Penny is still on the show. I like Kaye, Ruth and Christine presenting. I hope Stacey doesn't return after maternity leave. Vanessa Feltz would be a great Loose Woman.

Have Denise and Coleen fallen out? They used to be quite close, Coleen was quoted as saying that she moved to Cheshire to be closer to Denise. But, they never seem to be on the show together any more or hanging out. Denise holds get together for the Cheshire celebrities and puts it on Instagram, but I don't see Coleen there. Denise lives in Wilmslow and Coleen is in the next town, Handforth. I'd have thought she'd get an invite.

Reactions: 5
I think Brenda and Judi are great. As you say, Judi has experience as a social worker and uses that to bring a rounded view. She's also very funny. Charlene and Kéllé need to go. Penny Lancaster-Stewart is only on there because of who her husband is, the same with Paris Fury. They need to scale back the panellists, as I forget that Penny is still on the show. I like Kaye, Ruth and Christine presenting. I hope Stacey doesn't return after maternity leave. Vanessa Feltz would be a great Loose Woman.

Have Denise and Coleen fallen out? They used to be quite close, Coleen was quoted as saying that she moved to Cheshire to be closer to Denise. But, they never seem to be on the show together any more or hanging out. Denise holds get together for the Cheshire celebrities and puts it on Instagram, but I don't see Coleen there. Denise lives in Wilmslow and Coleen is in the next town, Handforth. I'd have thought she'd get an invite.
I think a cull is long overdue. Paris seems to have been dropped already. Or maybe it’s because she has just has a baby. Penny is not bringing anything. Vanessa Feltz would take over. She is very articulate but goes shrill when excited which she would get on this programme! I like Sunetra, Judi, Katie, Ruth, Kaye and Jane the most. I admire JSP, she’s 75, a bit of a legend, but she can be very rude too. The cast is so big you forget who is and isn’t on it. Linda has nothing interesting to say, absolutely nothing. I cringe when she speaks. Christine is lovely but wet for my liking. Frankie does my head in. ITV trying to make her a Thing, but isn’t happening.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.