Loneliness

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve felt lonely this past week but I’ve been around people everyday. I spoke to my friend about it tonight and he said that he’s felt lonely all weekend too.

I met up with about 10 people today and I had a good time so I’m not sure what’s up with me. I think it’s the time of year and mostly in my head.

Reactions: 2
I’ve felt lonely this past week but I’ve been around people everyday. I spoke to my friend about it tonight and he said that he’s felt lonely all weekend too.

I met up with about 10 people today and I had a good time so I’m not sure what’s up with me. I think it’s the time of year and mostly in my head.
I'm around people all the time but still feel so lonely,

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I'm around people all the time but still feel so lonely,
Me too. And I do like my own company, but today I got home from the gym, shut my front door, and just cried. When I was out and about I saw so many couples and families, and everyone has lovely decorated houses, and is in the Christmas spirit. I don't have a partner, a baby, a house, or even a pet. I'm the only one of my friends not to have at least two of those things. My friends are lovely and include me, and I love getting to see their kids grow up, but at the end of the day I go home on my own every single day and have nobody to cuddle on the sofa or just chat to about work or build a life with. To top if off, today I realised that it's been a year since I even kissed anyone. My ex cheated on me last Christmas and since then I've been getting over him, too busy at work to date, or when I have dated, it hasn't gone anywhere. It all just feels hopeless.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m spending Christmas on my own this year, trawled supermarket sites for a Christmas dinner for one, they don’t exist, just wanted something a bit fancier than a Birds Eye chicken dinner & can’t be bothered to cook a turkey just for me with all the trimmings, people have asked what I’m doing at Christmas just said not sure yet, deep down I’m dreading it, I know I’m lucky as I have a roof over my head & a job but Christmas was always about family & I’ve moved to a new area so don’t really know anyone. I was going to go out but would be a bit sad & pathetic sitting there like billy no mates on Christmas Day 😂🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m spending Christmas on my own this year, trawled supermarket sites for a Christmas dinner for one, they don’t exist, just wanted something a bit fancier than a Birds Eye chicken dinner & can’t be bothered to cook a turkey just for me with all the trimmings, people have asked what I’m doing at Christmas just said not sure yet, deep down I’m dreading it, I know I’m lucky as I have a roof over my head & a job but Christmas was always about family & I’ve moved to a new area so don’t really know anyone. I was going to go out but would be a bit sad & pathetic sitting there like billy no mates on Christmas Day 😂🤣
Don’t worry too much about Xmas in your own. I’ve done it the past 2 years because of situations involving covid and honestly I wasn’t as bad as I expected. I did a nice brunch for myself (one year full English and one with pastrys) went on a nice walk (play with all the dogs in the park lol) then came home to watch my favourite xmas films And ring/FaceTime family. Try and take the pressure off the day, and treat it as a relaxing day off all for yourself. Also both years I’ve deleted my social medias in the run up to xmas. Once I knew I’d be on my own I couldn’t bear seeing everyone out with their friends and family, but I was much happier once I had nothing to compare my situation too. Hope you manage to have a nice day regardless of the circumstances❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So many people spend Christmas alone. Slow cook some meat and steam some veg or pick up a fancy meal deal from somewhere like M&S?

I hope you enjoy your day.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m spending Christmas on my own this year, trawled supermarket sites for a Christmas dinner for one, they don’t exist, just wanted something a bit fancier than a Birds Eye chicken dinner & can’t be bothered to cook a turkey just for me with all the trimmings, people have asked what I’m doing at Christmas just said not sure yet, deep down I’m dreading it, I know I’m lucky as I have a roof over my head & a job but Christmas was always about family & I’ve moved to a new area so don’t really know anyone. I was going to go out but would be a bit sad & pathetic sitting there like billy no mates on Christmas Day 

Could you get a turkey breast? Or do they still do small crowns? Some aunt Bessie's stuffing, Yorkshires and some veg. Or just cook your favourite meal, I did pizza one year. My girls are at their dad's every other Christmas, I spend the day watching films and avoiding social media for a week or so

• Heart
Reactions: 3