Lockdown baking - what have you made?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Made a circular biscuit type cake, about 2 ¹⁄₈ inches in diameter with three layers: started with a genoise sponge base,
then a layer of orange flavoured jam and a finished it off with a coating of chocolate....

really proud of myself.
7D332C97-29DA-4BB1-9F32-66E0FE1E7D6D.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Made a circular Biscuit type cake, 2 ¹⁄₈ inches in diameter with three layers: a Genoise sponge base, a layer of orange flavoured jam and a coating of chocolate....

really proud of myself.
Are there no end to your talents? Try to make some triangular cheese ..you know, the one you really like

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Are there no end to your talents? Try to make some triangular cheese ..you know, the one you really like
I really want to use the word “genoise sponge” more, I feel this lockdown baking malarkey has done wonders for my vocabulary.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I made some Keto chocolate chip cookies last night.... should have known 'healthy' cookies wouldn't taste that great 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Made scones, gingerbread, cupcakes when had some flour but now making lots of no bake traybakes like tiffen, mars bar slice, marshmallow Krispies and rocky road! 😋

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I love making and baking bread with cheese on it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
I follow George's Bakery on insta and he has been doing lots of Lives with different recipes, I made the cookies (three times 🐖) they are divine!

Reactions: 4
I made my mum’s all-butter shortbread biscuits yesterday, the first time in my new(ish) oven and they turned out really well. My old oven was unreliable and I never knew how baking would turn out.
I’ll be making Nigella’s Granny Boyd’s biscuits when I can find SR flour. They are fabulous!