Lockdown baking - what have you made?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cant bake well. I was craving cake so made one, it was so thin it was basically a biscuit and STILL wasnt cooked through. Unbelievable. I think it's my crappy oven, my husband moans constantly about it. I have made trifles, and cupcakes with the kids, and now have some ingredients to make a cheesecake (wanted a caramac one but cant find any caramac). I'm 33 weeks pregnant so calories dont count 😜😜😂😂
I moved into a house with a crappy oven, so much food got ruined I gave up baking. I got a new one last year has made such a difference and I’m enjoying baking again.

Reactions: 2
I moved into a house with a crappy oven, so much food got ruined I gave up baking. I got a new one last year has made such a difference and I’m enjoying baking again.
He did say to order a new cooker, but we can only have electric as we didnt have gas when we moved it so no gas point for a cooker.

Reactions: 1
He did say to order a new cooker, but we can only have electric as we didnt have gas when we moved it so no gas point for a cooker.
I have a gas hob and an electric oven, I haven’t had a gas oven in 40 years, I wouldn’t know how to use one! 😂

L'Escargot give out some recipes. I made their Tart au Citron and it was delicious.

• Heart
L'Escargot give out some recipes. I made their Tart au Citron and it was delicious.

That sounds wonderful! I’d love to be able to work with pastry but it’s a skill I don’t have 😢

I cant bake well. I was craving cake so made one, it was so thin it was basically a biscuit and STILL wasnt cooked through. Unbelievable. I think it's my crappy oven, my husband moans constantly about it. I have made trifles, and cupcakes with the kids, and now have some ingredients to make a cheesecake (wanted a caramac one but cant find any caramac). I'm 33 weeks pregnant so calories dont count 😜😜😂😂
Oh that sounds delicious, I love a cheesecake.

Dairy Milk caramel cookies, normal chocolate chip cookies, lemon cake, loaf of white bread and a loaf of sun dried tomato bread which was by far the best 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Made chocolate cupcakes today. Want to attempt something savoury next.

I made a whole-grain wheat rectangle-shaped biscuit with......
whole-grain wheat and.....
fortified tit. 😬

Turned out well.
CD7A2A66-4700-4577-93E1-B373B6E5F5F8.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m tempted to do brownies next.
I’ve been baking for many years but I’ve never been able to do cookies/biscuits they always turn out too soft. Anyone got a decent recipe for a nice chewy cookie?

Are the best I've made . Loved by all. Very gooey .

I want to make some proper stodgy gooey brownies this week, does anyone have a tried and tested recipe they could recommend please? There's loads on Google but you never know how gooey they are gonna be lol
Taming twins.... Nutella brownies

Have so far made
4 brown butter spiced rum infused sultana banana breads... (milliscatering recipe)
5 lots of the most amazing choc cookies, (ravneeteats recipe),
white choc and custard biscuits,
custard tart (Julie Jones recipe)
pavlova,
Pizzas,
Rosemary olive oil crackers, (milliscatering)
Lemon drizzle,
Cinnamon rolls,
Bacon cheese turnovers,
Next on the list is Bakewell tart! 😍

• Heart
I made an apple crumble yesterday, first time I’d tried one and it turned out lovely. Think it might be brownies next after all the recipes shared here I fancy them.

Most I've made is a nutella plait. Get some just roll janet pastry and some nutella 😂🙈