Lockdown baking - what have you made?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve lost count of the amount of banana bread and sourdough loaves on my Instagram feed and swore I wouldn’t get sucked in. My expanding waistline and living in a two-person household persuaded me I was doing the right thing but I succumbed on Friday and made duffins, (link below) and they were amazing. Today I’m making brownies, to hell with the calories 🤷‍♀️

What are you baking?

Reactions: 2
I’ve obviously done the obligatory banana bread (although I’ve been making that for years before it was trendy!). I’ve done scones, cupcakes, lemon drizzle, fairy cakes and croissants! My waistline is not thankful but my mental health is! It has been nice to pass the time and make things from scratch as usually I don’t have any time for that.

Duffins sound amazing!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’ve obviously done the obligatory banana bread (although I’ve been making that for years before it was trendy!). I’ve done scones, cupcakes, lemon drizzle, fairy cakes and croissants! My waistline is not thankful but my mental health is! It has been nice to pass the time and make things from scratch as usually I don’t have any time for that.

Duffins sound amazing!
Wow, you’ve been busy! I used to bake a lot when my four were young and it was the ultimate stress buster. The duffins are great with lemon curd instead of jam and I’ve been thinking about using Nutella.

No banana loaf insight or sour dough in our house!
We have made pizzas sausage rolls, bread, pizza muffin loaf, Cornish pasties with homemade pastry, scones, birthday cake, cup cakes, brownies and shortbread! We have a baking day once a week but we always have, my children are 7 and 5 and both can bake.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I need flour 😩 I always have a bag of each in the cupboard and they are running low

• Sad
Oooh good topic. (y)

Well I'm pleased to say I've not made a Banana bread as I hate bananas:giggle:, so I've made cookies and Brownies. Nothing since as Ive ran out of self raising flour and cant find any anywhere!

• Heart
I’ve made countless lemon & lime drizzle cakes, rocky road with all different things in it and plenty of cookies. Definitely put on a few pounds😂😂

• Heart
I’m all about homemade bread. We made pizza dough a few nights ago. We’ve also done tiffin, muffins, pitta breads and a rainbow cake!

• Heart
I’ve done loads!

banana bread, carrot cake, Millie’s cookies copies, Victoria sponge, Japanese jiggly cheesecake, lemon cookies, meringues, Eton mess cake, bread and butter pudding, brownies, and cupcakes with my daughter.

• Heart
Sourdough, lemon cake, Victoria sponge, scones, lemon bars, pineapple upside down cake, bread, chocolate cake, brownies, old school dinner sponge.....I don’t even eat cake 😂🤦‍♀️ Been out playing delivery driver most nights 😂

Banana muffins, merguine, vanilla cupcakes, chocolate chip cookies

Banana bread ‘muffins’ (couldn’t find a loaf tin in local supermarket and didn’t want to shop online), I also added chocolate chips. They turned out well which was encouraging. I literally never bake though

Reactions: 4
I want to make some proper stodgy gooey brownies this week, does anyone have a tried and tested recipe they could recommend please? There's loads on Google but you never know how gooey they are gonna be lol

We’ve made - sourdough (made these way before lockdown), bagels, farmhouse loaf, cinnamon buns, lemon cheesecake, strawberry cheesecake, cookies, brownies, sourdough pizzas, lemon drizzle, cupcakes, carrot cakes and scones 😂

• Heart
I want to make some proper stodgy gooey brownies this week, does anyone have a tried and tested recipe they could recommend please? There's loads on Google but you never know how gooey they are gonna be lol
I did these and they were glorious

• Heart
I cant bake well. I was craving cake so made one, it was so thin it was basically a biscuit and STILL wasnt cooked through. Unbelievable. I think it's my crappy oven, my husband moans constantly about it. I have made trifles, and cupcakes with the kids, and now have some ingredients to make a cheesecake (wanted a caramac one but cant find any caramac). I'm 33 weeks pregnant so calories dont count 😜😜😂😂

• Heart