LL off topic #11 The Wrong Fellas

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry I didn’t mean to worry anyone ❤

Well my scan was…ok. Placenta and cord are ok which was a relief, but baby has barely grown since the last scan. He’s dropped from above 95th centile to 75th in the past 2 weeks. Only gained 6oz in 2.5 weeks and that’s with them taking the largest measurements they did rather than middle of the 3. They’ve referred to a consultant but said I won’t hear anything until Tuesday because of the weekend and bank holiday. I honestly feel like if we were on Tuesday rather than Friday then they’d be doing much more.

Second scan in a minute so hoping they get a different result for the size and the hospital just struggled to get accurate measurements.

Hes been moving quite a bit since they poked and jiggled him on the scan though which is a relief.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ahhh bless him, glad it went well (ish).

You must be absolutely exhausted 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Well my scan was…ok. Placenta and cord are ok which was a relief, but baby has barely grown since the last scan. He’s dropped from above 95th centile to 75th in the past 2 weeks. Only gained 6oz in 2.5 weeks and that’s with them taking the largest measurements they did rather than middle of the 3. They’ve referred to a consultant but said I won’t hear anything until Tuesday because of the weekend and bank holiday. I honestly feel like if we were on Tuesday rather than Friday then they’d be doing much more.

Second scan in a minute so hoping they get a different result for the size and the hospital just struggled to get accurate measurements.

Hes been moving quite a bit since they poked and jiggled him on the scan though which is a relief.
Oh, Rasp 💛 I’m glad you have seen your boy and it’s given you a little reassurance but I know how anxiety inducing it must feel with him not having much growth 😫 you’ve really been let down at every avenue it seems. I know you won’t be able to and it’s silly to even say it but try to have a more relaxed night if you can. Wednesday must feel ages away but it will be here before you know it and so will your boy 💛 (I won’t comment on the consultant only being able to see you on Tuesday 🫠)

• Heart
You'd think nothing happened of a bank holiday. Hospitals just shut up. But even so just keep going back. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am 😔 I just want him here and safe 😔 I don’t like that his growth has completely dropped off and nobody can give me an explanation 😔
---
You'd think nothing happened of a bank holiday. Hospitals just shut up. But even so just keep going back. ❤
I know right?? Baby R doesn’t know it’s a bank holiday, he’s not going to suddenly behave and have a growth spurt is he 🙄 I can’t believe in something as important as late pregnancy, where every day counts really if there’s a problem, that they just shut it all down for a bank hol. It’s ridiculous.

Hurry up Wednesday 😩

• Heart
I am 😔 I just want him here and safe 😔 I don’t like that his growth has completely dropped off and nobody can give me an explanation 😔
---

I know right?? Baby R doesn’t know it’s a bank holiday, he’s not going to suddenly behave and have a growth spurt is he 🙄 I can’t believe in something as important as late pregnancy, where every day counts really if there’s a problem, that they just shut it all down for a bank hol. It’s ridiculous.

Hurry up Wednesday 😩
I know that you can request a birth review once the baby is here, I wonder if you can request a review of the sub-optimal care you have continuously received? It’s truly disgraceful. Hopefully by Thursday you will both be home and able to start enjoying life as a 3 with Mr R 💛

• Heart

I'm pleased you posted, I've felt like I'm stalking the thread for updates. I hope your second scan reassures you and I think you're right that more would be done if it wasn't a bank holiday. Though surely consultants are on call for stuff like this.
---
The more I think about how you've been treated raspberry the crosser I get.

• Heart
Glad it went ok @raspberryjuice but I still find it mad that they won’t just get him out, surely there will be emergency sections over the weekend, why can’t you be one of them?

Hope the second scan goes well

• Heart
I bet with all this you're too knackered to do any more trying to induce birth. Keep at them. Hopefully all the idiots are off for the bank holiday.

• Heart
The private scan was much more reassuring because they actually took the time to talk us through everything and explained why my cord and placenta were looking good rather than just scanning over them and saying they’re fine. They measured him as 70th centile rather than 75th so an even bigger drop from my last scan.

She did say his head couldn’t possibly get any lower though so now we’re home we’ve ordered a curry, I’m gonna bounce on my ball and get harvesting colostrum while rubbing clary sage oil in to my bump 🤣 and if Mr R doesn’t wanna have a go after witnessing all that then he’s clearly deluded 🤣🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
The private scan was much more reassuring because they actually took the time to talk us through everything and explained why my cord and placenta were looking good rather than just scanning over them and saying they’re fine. They measured him as 70th centile rather than 75th so an even bigger drop from my last scan.

She did say his head couldn’t possibly get any lower though so now we’re home we’ve ordered a curry, I’m gonna bounce on my ball and get harvesting colostrum while rubbing clary sage oil in to my bump 🤣 and if Mr R doesn’t wanna have a go after witnessing all that then he’s clearly deluded 🤣🤣

Come on Mr R, you can do it! Let’s get this baby out…

• Haha
Reactions: 9
That’s my plan for the morning 😂

Don’t think I can be arsed with a shag now! Miss the days when I could just lie there and let him get on with it when I couldn’t be arsed. Would be like a see saw at the moment with my bump in the way 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.