Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jaymie

VIP Member
Lizzy is the most plain vanilla English girl I have ever seen online (maybe apart from Anna Newton) everything she does is so boring and plain vanilla, almost like boiled chicken.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
If watching Lizzy's vlogs didn't kill us all a little inside, I'd request that you always recap them thusly. Way more entertaining AND to the point :ROFLMAO: Lisbon is so romantically picturesque, and Lizzy's social media posts only showed some interiors, drab graffiti, and glimpses of cobblestone streets on the periphery of her outfit shots. I can't.

As to your question... I realized that I don't follow any influencers anymore. The genre has gotten too saturated, commercial, and predictable. I can't even stand seeing random influencers in my IG suggestions feed. Are you a living, breathing clothes rack with endless disposable income and unlimited gifted vacations? Next.
I mean I pretty much narrate every vlog in my head just to make them at least somewhat entertaining or comical for me at least. I usually start it off with “ This week in the extraordinarily privileged life of Lizzy the navy jumper slayer! gifted alpaca socks! Dirty restaurant napkins and awkward OOTD Toks!”’
Shock me, shock me, shock me with your deviant behaviour! Buckle up folks, the coffee run is about to get wildly lethargic! 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
Dare I say it, I think this is the first fashionable fit she's worn in ages. View attachment 1213067
Sorry, but I hate this. Those boots are totally wrong for the outfit, and the bag is the exact same texture as the jacket but in an ugly country brown. I give her a C-minus for putting in a little effort this time though. The sucking in of cheeks is probably the worst part.

• Heart

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
Imagine also being a style influencer for all of your adult life and still not having a clue how to pick shoes for an outfit. These crimes against fashion cannot stand. Someone needs to capture Lizzy (a pair of Brittany Bathgate’s old trousers under a cage will do), force her to relinquish her ugly footwear, put her through intense shoe rehabilitation therapy, and then release her back into the wild. We can’t keep letting these creatures run rampant and spread their bad fashion sense. It only hurts them as well as the environment.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Tulipa

Watching her make those baked oats was brutal.
Same!! Her ineptness was embarrassing. She always says she doesn't cook/she's bad at cooking etc and that's fine, some people just don't like cooking but her shear inability to follow basic instructions and actually focus on something was frustrating. How has she got to the age she is without learning the basic skill of learning??

I don't know what she thinks she's doing with her life at the moment but it does come off as really try hard. If she had gone to New York with the attitude of discovery and learning and experiencing the city as a girl from England living alone in NYC it would have made for much more honest videos. She seems to think that is beneath her and she's a jet setting, lone travelling guru who has instantly become a New Yorker just by walking around and buying coffee, like that's all people in New York do. 🙄

Reactions: 21

Binx

VIP Member
how can you be an influencer and lifestyle blogger/vlogger without showing basically anything? she just sits in front of the camera moaning and sniffing and showing us clothing she got for free but can't style of shit. she does literally the bare minimum, shows us literally the bare minimum and then has the audacity to say that she wants privacy.

• Haha

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
Should really be changed to "Being Single for 20-30 minutes" for Lindsey. Seriously though, what are these two going on about?? You're SUPPOSED to experience singledom in your 20s. The people listening to this tripe must be the idiots who write into advice columns like "My long-term boyfriend and I just broke up and I'm devastated. He was my whole world and now life isn't worth living. I'm 21. Help!"

• Haha
  • Wow

olsenrow

D41CFB86-663B-4523-B62D-DF7A00219E62.jpeg
Does this top remind anyone else of the M&S vests their mum forced them to wear in year two?

• Haha
I simply can't watch this woman touch her hair and explain that she wants privacy for 24 mins, while posting basically nothing about herself on the internet anymore.

If she wants privacy, stop filming videos. We won't miss them hun

• Haha

Pulltheotherone

VIP Member
So Linda announces she is off to Lisbon to live with the electrician, moves out of her rented flat, sells some of her stuff and ships the rest over to Portugal.
Gets an “ interior designer “ or whatever to sort out her new flat and essentially make it look like Hadfields sitting room, goes surfing once or twice then announces she’s coming back ?
Have I missed something here ?

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Rimbaud

Lizzy doesn’t answer any of the questions in the vlog. Most of the questions surrounded immigration, visas, finances and Luigi so I’m going to assume it means miss Hadfield is still on a tourist visa and they are going to remain unanswered.
Vlog really was chaos. She can’t remember how much the belt cost because it was kindly gifted to her by Vestiaire Collective. Strange how Lizzy often conveniently has short term memory loss when it comes to declaring how much of her life is gifted, whilst always heavily implying she bought those items.

It’s not that I don’t think Lizzy is actively dating but rather I’m not entirely convinced she’s been continuously dating the same man.
Some of the hints are not really hints - picture taken by significant other or somewhat bizarre picture taken by one of the Halpin sisters in Sarah’s old sublet?
IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1646.JPG

IMG_1785.JPG

On one of the recent podcast episodes they talked about dating, whoever Lizzy and Lindsey are dating they call that man their ‘husband’ regardless of stage in the relationship - it could just be someone they are casually dating and have only been on a few dates with. In their group chats they say ‘I’m off to see my husband’. Lizzy also says it to her therapist who had to remind Lizzy dating all these men isn’t going to end in marriage.

Anywho, it gets worse. Lizzy proudly proclaimed she liked being single because you can go out drinking with friends, stay out for as long as you want and not have to be home for a certain time, or have anyone to answer to. Which is just mystifying, does Lizzy not realise that is not a healthy relationship and it is exactly the type of behaviour she herself tried to enforce on Ben?
Even Linda didn’t seem to quite know what to make of it and quickly steered the conversation away.
However much of an over privileged wet lettuce Elizabeth might be when things like this come out of her mouth it will always make me feel sorry for her.

Rimbaud

Does Lizzy actually have a boyfriend? Guys, I’m not convinced she does. Just putting it out there that these two see birth control as a way of preventing pregnancy and STD’s seem like an afterthought.
New York just facilitates Lizzy’s need to copy Lindsey. Lizzy really did switch her codependency from Anne to Linda when she moved the London, Linda’s actions have such a big impact on Lizzy’s mental health. And Lizzy talks with such certainty that Linda will be living on British soil again next year and conveniently Lizzy will return to full time London living. Surely you wouldn’t curtail or predict a relationship ending?

I wish publishers would stop publishing books they know are going to sell badly. Based on their Amazon ranking, a calculator predicts they sell less than 15 copies of the hardback a month - it’s less than a year old! There is no need to publish a paperback version, it’s a phenomenal waste of resources.

I guess the chart topping podcast comes from Entale - I always remember the name from the jingle at the beginning of the podcast episodes. Which is interesting because in the latest podcast episode Linda said it would be available when Lizzy uploads it. I assume the current series they are recording it over zoom, complete with background noise, and self uploading without any external editing.
So I did some digging and it seems like Entale has ceased to exist? I have two phones, I keep my English phone number alive for work opportunities, and the UK one can’t find Entale in the App Store. Entale haven’t updated their social media since last year and some of the links on their website are dead.
So they must have got the publishing opportunity off the back of a podcast that was probably a bit of a flop in the first instance?

In my defence, I feel the need to say I need something to listen to whilst exercising. Exercise does not come naturally to me so I can’t listen/watch something I’m too interested in otherwise I’ll down weights. Similarly with music I would spend longer creating a playlist and just flop about for five minutes, which is where influencers come in. The podcast really is like overhearing an inane conversation on public transport.

Also Linda said she wants a ring from the new boyfriend! You know when someone says something half jokingly but they actually mean it? Oh, Linda.

• Haha
  • Heart