Lizzy Hadfield and Lindsey Holland #4 Dog (re-gifted)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish we could move away from the idea that women dress in certain ways purely to attract attention, usually from men. To me, this way of thinking is what perpetuates the ‘dresses like a sl*g/sl*t’ etc and removes any possibility that a woman might actually just be dressing a certain way solely for themselves. It also is the starting point for the dangerous mindset that a lot of society has, ‘well she shouldn’t have been wearing that’, ‘dressed like that, what did she expect’ and I just think it’s something we should move on from 🤷🏼‍♀️
Thank you!! You're so right. I couldn't be arsed to dress to be eye candy for men, I need to feel comfortable. A few days ago I wore a low-cut wrap top for the first time in my life (mind you I'm in my mid-twenties) because I thought I looked hot as, which is also a first. Although the ways L&L dress are usually not for me, all that matters is they feel comfortable with what they wear...Showing skin (no matter how much!) does not make you easy or "want attention".

Reactions: 11
I would say L&L often dress as grandads as well. Doesn’t make them less thirsty. I think the outfit doesn’t really make a difference.

But yeah, in general, you should be able to wear whatever without people assuming you’re looking for attention.

Although I have to say, I always thought I dressed for myself, but lockdown has taught me that I definitely let go more when I’m not seeing anybody. Apparently, I do care about what people see. Not necessarily men, but definitely the outside world.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think the reason we dress the way we do is complex and cultural and wrapped up in much of how we feel about ourselves. Some folks do only dress for comfort. Many influencers, like Brittany Bathgate claim this too but it's not at all true to me b/c the very next week she will persevere through wearing uncomfortable shoes because she loves them and comfort isn't the only requirement, it also has to be chic.

But also, clothing says so much about us to others, it does a lot of the talking. And in turn what it says to others depends on their backgrounds and perception. So complicated. Someone revealing their legs is sexually promiscuous to some and it's normal to others. And some find sexual promiscuity shameful and others celebrate it, some of in the middle or aren't fussed.

Many folks here (Southern US) put their religion into it too and they don't even know they are doing it. Wearing leggings to the grocery store (supermarket) can bring up all kinds of judgement if you don't look like a personal trainer. And also women or men sniggering about "camel toe" etc. Do we not know what the human body looks like? Is it that freaking funny? It's as if they are 5 years old.

When I was in hospital recently I felt really down and told the doctor it is hard mentally. To which he responded "oh, mental health is important are you taking antidepressants?". Which I have done, and think they are so helpful for depression but he just didn't get it. He automatically snapped to - oh I've taken a class about mental illness, how do we fix it? Looking at me with an air of condescending pity. LOL.

It's not a disorder/illness to feel stressed in hospital. Being in a gown that is essentially a sheet with tabs strips you of self expression and you lose your place in the world as an individual. You no longer have this to speak for you as to who you are and even though I don't dress fancy, I'm pretty creative in a low key way and it helps me feel okay about everything. People treat you differently too b/c you are stripped of your accoutrements. All of a sudden you become "the other" (and lessor) - or at least that's what you feel.

I guess my point is you don't realize how much style/clothing/self image matters until it matters? Like during the pandemic for some folks too.

I think it's strange that people will judge others for putting a lot of work into their clothing because it can mean a great deal. For sure, you can be narcissistic and overly consumed with superficial expenditures of things that overcompensate for an under developed sense of self, but every culture prides itself on certain elements of appearance. I heard film director Jim Jarmusch talk about his hair at an All Tommorrow's Parties festival once. The journalist was kind of asking it tongue in cheek about how long he spends on it and Jarmusch answered the question very seriously about how he thought personal style was important and his hairstyle is inspired by the hair of indigenous American Chieftains and he cares a lot for it.

That probably seems pretentious but the way he said it was just matter of fact and without airs. It was kind of surprising to me, as I expected him to act like he just wakes up this way (as many "cool" people try to feign). Instead, he was saying it's effortful not effortless. He was being more honest.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I think the reason we dress the way we do is complex and cultural and wrapped up in much of how we feel about ourselves. Some folks do only dress for comfort. Many influencers, like Brittany Bathgate claim this too but it's not at all true to me b/c the very next week she will persevere through wearing uncomfortable shoes because she loves them and comfort isn't the only requirement, it also has to be chic.

But also, clothing says so much about us to others, it does a lot of the talking. And in turn what it says to others depends on their backgrounds and perception. So complicated. Someone revealing their legs is sexually promiscuous to some and it's normal to others. And some find sexual promiscuity shameful and others celebrate it, some of in the middle or aren't fussed.

Many folks here (Southern US) put their religion into it too and they don't even know they are doing it. Wearing leggings to the grocery store (supermarket) can bring up all kinds of judgement if you don't look like a personal trainer. And also women or men sniggering about "camel toe" etc. Do we not know what the human body looks like? Is it that freaking funny? It's as if they are 5 years old.

When I was in hospital recently I felt really down and told the doctor it is hard mentally. To which he responded "oh, mental health is important are you taking antidepressants?". Which I have done, and think they are so helpful for depression but he just didn't get it. He automatically snapped to - oh I've taken a class about mental illness, how do we fix it? Looking at me with an air of condescending pity. LOL.

It's not a disorder/illness to feel stressed in hospital. Being in a gown that is essentially a sheet with tabs strips you of self expression and you lose your place in the world as an individual. You no longer have this to speak for you as to who you are and even though I don't dress fancy, I'm pretty creative in a low key way and it helps me feel okay about everything. People treat you differently too b/c you are stripped of your accoutrements. All of a sudden you become "the other" (and lessor) - or at least that's what you feel.

I guess my point is you don't realize how much style/clothing/self image matters until it matters? Like during the pandemic for some folks too.

I think it's strange that people will judge others for putting a lot of work into their clothing because it can mean a great deal. For sure, you can be narcissistic and overly consumed with superficial expenditures of things that overcompensate for an under developed sense of self, but every culture prides itself on certain elements of appearance. I heard film director Jim Jarmusch talk about his hair at an All Tommorrow's Parties festival once. The journalist was kind of asking it tongue in cheek about how long he spends on it and Jarmusch answered the question very seriously about how he thought personal style was important and his hairstyle is inspired by the hair of indigenous American Chieftains and he cares a lot for it.

That probably seems pretentious but the way he said it was just matter of fact and without airs. It was kind of surprising to me, as I expected him to act like he just wakes up this way (as many "cool" people try to feign). Instead, he was saying it's effortful not effortless. He was being more honest.
great insight as always! Personal style is hugely important to me too, sometimes I worry I spend too much thinking about the clothes on my back and wish I could just relax a little!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you @Mermaid456. Yes, that's such a good point. I wish I could relax about it too sometimes. Especially if you are dressing for something and nothing seems right and you have a whole room full of options strewn about and ultimately it's not as important what you wear as just getting out there and doing whatever it is (or not). That sort of thing gives me a headache! And how tiring to put everything away and then seeing your significant other put on the same jeans, a shirt and a blazer and done. You're right - a much as I love it, I also sometimes hate it and it feels awesome to be on holiday in a far away place with family who don't care what you wear as long as you don't smell! I love that my dogs don't give a damn, they help me too <3

• Heart
Reactions: 9
is this all Lizzy’s Instagram is going to be now - random shots of Canada that mean nothing to her audience as we’re not there and have no context? She’s not even sharing outfits? What is her account for? I don’t get what she’s trying to achieve

• Haha
Reactions: 21
is this all Lizzy’s Instagram is going to be now - random shots of Canada that mean nothing to her audience as we’re not there and have no context? She’s not even sharing outfits? What is her account for? I don’t get what she’s trying to achieve
She’s basically just acting like a celebrity and as if we’re all following her solely for her. We followed “shotfromthestreet” because we enjoyed the style content that Lizzy produced but it seems she thinks she’s above that now and anything Lizzy Hadfield related will be a hit. But as you can see her engagement has diminished to exclusively her Canadian followers

It's unbelievably boring?! Like your Grandma hasn't put her glasses on, and keeps on sending slightly random pics to the family WhatsApp, but you humour her, because it's Grandma.

Hard to understand what she's trying to achieve really. Are her followers really there for the blurry, dark photos with zero context?!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
It's unbelievably boring?! Like your Grandma hasn't put her glasses on, and keeps on sending slightly random pics to the family WhatsApp, but you humour her, because it's Grandma.

Hard to understand what she's trying to achieve really. Are her followers really there for the blurry, dark photos with zero context?!
Sweet grandma, bless her heart

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Wondering if Lizzy or any of Lindsey’s mates for that matter have met her new man? I remember him tagging Lauren Mahon in a now deleted post but she didn’t follow him nor does Lizzy

Reactions: 4
Wondering if Lizzy or any of Lindsey’s mates for that matter have met her new man? I remember him tagging Lauren Mahon in a now deleted post but she didn’t follow him nor does Lizzy
what's his insta?

Reactions: 4
ha "you and 300 people?" That's exactly what you wanted with all the cryptic posts of him!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
God she's like an embarrassing teenager trying to get her ex's attention
If she was so happy and in love she wouldn't feel the need to post all the shots of herself draped all over him
And the faux surprise at people asking questions :rolleyes:

Reactions: 16
"Incredibly luck" is it, Lindsey? Or is it due to the fact that because you can't be single for five minutes, you throw all of your energy and desperation into clinging on to the first man who'll sleep with you?

Also, Lizzy's lost the plot on her IG. Wow, you found some cool coffee shops and restaurants, I'll bet London doesn't have any of those. Does anybody else feel like she's been in Canada for 3 years already?

This is also an influencer pet peeve of mine: whenever they go on a trip, they ask for recommendations from their well-meaning followers, and then afterward, publish "My Favorite Coffee/Eats/Things To Do in [Location]!"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Does anyone else think Lizzy isn't on a solo trip? She posted an insta story the other day in a car and looked like someone was with her.

Does anyone else think Lizzy isn't on a solo trip? She posted an insta story the other day in a car and looked like someone was with her.
She’s not. Who is taking the photos opposite her and of her holding stuff? Unless she has genuinely lost it and is now propping her phone up with a timer in a restaurant

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.