Lizzy Hadfield and Lindsey Holland #4 Dog (re-gifted)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the travel ban was for people entering the US? Not leaving?
Yes but Lindsey's coming to NYC to visit...so...the travel ban regarding Lindsey coming in (b/c she's not going through Canada).

You can stay in the US for 3 months from Canada or Europe without problem for one time only. If you keep leaving and coming back well they will suss and u.s. immigration will be on your ass but 90 days okay. Not one minute longer mind you or you would need a different visa previously sorted. Sorting one when you are there is not the way to do it (not that Lizzy's doing that, just fyi).

They take time and need to be done outside of the country. Lizzy might have a more permanent visa already but I don't know, I kind of doubt it. Even with Levis thing, they don't even give designers that, that often (I worked for them for 4 years). They are a pain in the ass to get and keep updated. If her work is remote for British or other non-American concerns that's okay. Levi's UK is separate from Levi's North America.

Luckily I've had a green card since I was 12 but I've had my own run ins with US immigration agents. They don't like me to leave for any length of time really. Most of the officers are super right wing and always like "why would you ever want to leave paradise?" LOL. I mean they don't say that but they think USA is #1 best country in the world, why go elsewhere ever? Hahahahahhaha. I'm always like, yeah, you're right, I love it here, rah, rah, go team. Yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir (internal cringe).

Where as we English are always "why the bloody hell would you want to come here? It's cold, miserable and expensive". The difference in our cultural personalities is epic.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Yes but Lindsey's coming to NYC to visit...so...the travel ban regarding Lindsey coming in (b/c she's not going through Canada).

You can stay in the US for 3 months from Canada or Europe without problem for one time only. If you keep leaving and coming back well they will suss and u.s. immigration will be on your ass but 90 days okay. Not one minute longer mind you or you would need a different visa previously sorted. Sorting one when you are there is not the way to do it (not that Lizzy's doing that, just fyi).

They take time and need to be done outside of the country. Lizzy might have a more permanent visa already but I don't know, I kind of doubt it. Even with Levis thing, they don't even give designers that, that often (I worked for them for 4 years). They are a pain in the ass to get and keep updated. If her work is remote for British or other non-American concerns that's okay. Levi's UK is separate from Levi's North America.

Luckily I've had a green card since I was 12 but I've had my own run ins with US immigration agents. They don't like me to leave for any length of time really. Most of the officers are super right wing and always like "why would you ever want to leave paradise?" LOL. I mean they don't say that but they think USA is #1 best country in the world, why go elsewhere ever? Hahahahahhaha. I'm always like, yeah, you're right, I love it here, rah, rah, go team. Yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir (internal cringe).

Where as we English are always "why the bloody hell would you want to come here? It's cold, miserable and expensive". The difference in our cultural personalities is epic.
I don't foresee Lizzy running into trouble with immigration. She'd have to be incredibly stupid to not have sorted out all of her visa stuff before she left. She may have told her followers her trip was "three weeks" but in actuality gave herself a pretty generous buffer in case she wanted to stay longer. Because why the hell wouldn't she?? It's not like she has a cat, new house, renovations, or other responsibilities waiting for her at home.

Haha "Cold, miserable and expensive" is how I'd describe San Francisco, in my more ungenerous moments. It's more to do with me anticipating the shock when tourists see that it's no paradise and that we have just as many problems as everyone else. But overall, as an American, I'm not ashamed to admit that we have a lot of cool stuff for visitors to come and see! It's a big country though.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
No I don't think so either, I just doubt she had the foresight or stuff lined up to get a business visa which are pretty tricky to get during the pandemic especially when we weren't officially letting people in. I've tried to get them for legit talent (LOL) during non-pandemic and they aren't easy to navigate. I'm sure she'll be gone b/f 90 days. Her thinking she will come back to NYC to live though...she would need it. God, please don't let her live here - she will be insufferable. Haha.

I love the U.S. We came over many times b/f moving mainly to go to all the National Parks and the big cities etc. Best memories of my life -particularly SF and Yosemite - highlights. I think SF is so beautiful. Last time I visited I was a bit depressed it had lost it's edge and everyone looked like they had stepped out of a Madewell catalog but it still gives me goosebumps. My dad would get jobs over here and we would tag along.

The last time US immigration gave me hell (and let's keep in mind I've been living here over 3 decades with a full green card/permanent residency) was when I returned from being in Australia. When I came through they shoved a pamphlet at me (pamphlet being kind, a bunch of typewriter typed paper, stapled) on the United States. It was the worst written piece of propaganda, I mean primary school writing, I've ever read. In the first paragraph it said home to Disneyland and Mickey Mouse. I'm not even joking. LOL.

Americans have no idea this side of things b/c they never go through these people, it's a totally different line.

Anyhoo, that time they sat me down in an isolated office and even though I had permission from them to be living in Australia with all the paperwork for 3 years and returning every year they were shocked and grilling me. They could not quite believe that I had left it 11 months since my last visit and questioned why I would want to live in Australia at all when the US has everything I need.

I also tried to leave for a funeral of my Granddad in England once from SF when I was working at Levis and had to get my British passport renewed and it needed a special "stamp" from US Immigration so I waited for 8 hours for that "stamp". When I had the audacity to ask how much longer it would be the clerk told the "man in charge" and said "man in charge" with gun in a holster no less busted into the waiting room super dramatically and called me to his office like a principal reprimanding a 12 year old (I was 30) 😂

Well apparently the stamp was not a stamp at all but them checking Interpol to see if I was a serial killer or something and it takes time but I didn't know that b/c they tell you a stamp to not tip you off I suppose. LOL. After me going through my story, he then apologized but before I left his office asked for a hug, alone, in his office. Big guy with both arms extended. UGH.

I have more weird experiences on the border of Mexico, in NYC too. I'm super leery of them and always am like, oh, here we go, look normal...and I'm so white I'm almost translucent, I can't imagine if I was a person of color.

I think they are pissed that none of my family has become citizens and they are incredulous. It's mainly that I'm lazy but also that I still feel British. When I flip it on it's head and say hey so if you were living in Europe and you didn't get your citizenship there b/c you feel American would that be is odd to you? No. It feels weird to have another country's "thing", sort of like you are disavowing where you belong? And then people get it. It's also like $1000 and I never feel like doing it. It is illogical but an emotional block none of immediate family can pull the trigger on. I definitely should get over that though.

Anyhoo...I digress 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
No I don't think so either, I just doubt she had the foresight or stuff lined up to get a business visa which are pretty tricky to get during the pandemic especially when we weren't officially letting people in. I've tried to get them for legit talent (LOL) during non-pandemic and they aren't easy to navigate. I'm sure she'll be gone b/f 90 days. Her thinking she will come back to NYC to live though...she would need it. God, please don't let her live here - she will be insufferable. Haha.

I love the U.S. We came over many times b/f moving mainly to go to all the National Parks and the big cities etc. Best memories of my life -particularly SF and Yosemite - highlights. I think SF is so beautiful. Last time I visited I was a bit depressed it had lost it's edge and everyone looked like they had stepped out of a Madewell catalog but it still gives me goosebumps. My dad would get jobs over here and we would tag along.

The last time US immigration gave me hell (and let's keep in mind I've been living here over 3 decades with a full green card/permanent residency) was when I returned from being in Australia. When I came through they shoved a pamphlet at me (pamphlet being kind, a bunch of typewriter typed paper, stapled) on the United States. It was the worst written piece of propaganda, I mean primary school writing, I've ever read. In the first paragraph it said home to Disneyland and Mickey Mouse. I'm not even joking. LOL.

Americans have no idea this side of things b/c they never go through these people, it's a totally different line.

Anyhoo, that time they sat me down in an isolated office and even though I had permission from them to be living in Australia with all the paperwork for 3 years and returning every year they were shocked and grilling me. They could not quite believe that I had left it 11 months since my last visit and questioned why I would want to live in Australia at all when the US has everything I need.

I also tried to leave for a funeral of my Granddad in England once from SF when I was working at Levis and had to get my British passport renewed and it needed a special "stamp" from US Immigration so I waited for 8 hours for that "stamp". When I had the audacity to ask how much longer it would be the clerk told the "man in charge" and said "man in charge" with gun in a holster no less busted into the waiting room super dramatically and called me to his office like a principal reprimanding a 12 year old (I was 30) 😂

Well apparently the stamp was not a stamp at all but them checking Interpol to see if I was a serial killer or something and it takes time but I didn't know that b/c they tell you a stamp to not tip you off I suppose. LOL. After me going through my story, he then apologized but before I left his office asked for a hug, alone, in his office. Big guy with both arms extended. UGH.

I have more weird experiences on the border of Mexico, in NYC too. I'm super leery of them and always am like, oh, here we go, look normal...and I'm so white I'm almost translucent, I can't imagine if I was a person of color.

I think they are pissed that none of my family has become citizens and they are incredulous. It's mainly that I'm lazy but also that I still feel British. When I flip it on it's head and say hey so if you were living in Europe and you didn't get your citizenship there b/c you feel American would that be is odd to you? No. It feels weird to have another country's "thing", sort of like you are disavowing where you belong? And then people get it. It's also like $1000 and I never feel like doing it. It is illogical but an emotional block none of immediate family can pull the trigger on. I definitely should get over that though.

Anyhoo...I digress 😂
Haha imagine a Muslim going through immigration in the airport. Many Muslim have common names like Abdullah Mohammed, My mate always get 🛑

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Haha imagine a Muslim going through immigration in the airport. Many Muslim have common names like Abdullah Mohammed, My mate always get 🛑
Yeah, I could not imagine the tit they would get and in England and in Australia too. My grandfather was always very tan and looked somewhat middle eastern and was always stopped in customs on the British side. When I moved to Australia a Californian pot loving friend (no seriously, she lived in a van for years, a committed deadhead), gave me an old Tumi duffle bag of hers to use. Big error 😂 The dogs likely smelled the years of weed and magic mushrooms lurking in the fabric of it. We were there for hours going through every single solitary item I was moving. I had to take the thread out of the bobbin of my sewing machine, I had to take gum out of gum wrappers, the hair off my brush, empty every pocket. Ha. They found nothing of course but I can't imagine what would go down if there was also racial prejudice happening. That would go way beyond inconvenient into scary.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Should I just make a new thread with their names as the title? I don't think we've had any reccomendations?

Reactions: 3
From a totally boring perspective I wonder if Lizzy realised leaving her house empty invalidates her home and contents insurance? In the UK policies usually stipulate you can’t be away more than 40 out of every 100 days, and usually most refer to the policy holders not friends.
Perhaps Lizzy should go home and look after her own cat? She got Luigi in November 2020, it hasn’t even been a year!
[…]
Wth?! People can’t travel for a few months, or else their insurance isn’t valid? That’s quite extreme. I’ve been away for months many times.

I thought Linda was in the process of removing her tattoos, but she’s got a new one on her finger. I wonder what the significance of the one she’s removing is and why she wants it gone?
511CCA79-BCEB-413D-906C-6DFEDCEF78F7.jpeg

Reactions: 6
Is Lizzy’s story meant to be relatable? “See, we all overpack our £1000 suitcases for one night away” she’s only human you guys!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Lazy Hadfield and Lusty Holland: lost near River Island, submerged by excess and grasping desperately for tattooed arms.

Should I just make a new thread with their names as the title? I don't think we've had any reccomendations?
I tried my hand feel free to edit or change completely 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Omg guys. She went to the Guggenheim and took photos of their bronze water fountains. Who knew the Guggenheim had such fancy accoutrements?! Oh that’s right…when you go to the Guggenheim, you DON’T look at the artwork. Got it.

• Haha
  • Angry
Omg guys. She went to the Guggenheim and took photos of their bronze water fountains. Who knew the Guggenheim had such fancy accoutrements?! Oh that’s right…when you go to the Guggenheim, you DON’T look at the artwork. Got it.
This “stylish stranger” (bless him) was literally wearing a shirt tucked into jeans. I just don’t understand Lizzy anymore. I think she’s trolling us.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Is Lizzy’s story meant to be relatable? “See, we all overpack our £1000 suitcases for one night away” she’s only human you guys!
"Stylish strangers”…God, when will she stop taking pictures of random people without their permission? Creepy
THIS!!! She could very well ask them as almost all these accounts do, most people say yes in my experience and the difference between being photographed (and posted to someone's ig) without your knowledge and voluntarily posing is huge.

Reactions: 8
This “stylish stranger” (bless him) was literally wearing a shirt tucked into jeans. I just don’t understand Lizzy anymore. I think she’s trolling us.
This is basically what Lizzy wears?!!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Lazy really comes through true to her name in this last vlog doesn't she?

I had to turn it off. She addresses a comment that all her travel vlogs of late are dull and each city is coming off the same way. LOL.

She does this inside her hotel room after going and getting coffee in the LES. Errr...

Maybe people want you to go out and about in NYC and show people how amazing a city this is rather than walking passed Katz's and saying "oh that's the Harry and Sally deli?". OMG. And her excuse is she doesn't want to invade on her friend's privacy? But she invades on random strangers' privacy all the time?

Before I turned it off she said, oh what a view (camera on her face). What bleeping view? At the very least show it? 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.