Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TheStrawberryThief

I meant proper DIY self publishing. Make your own cover and upload to amazon style, not with a small publisher to do all admin and editing for you in exchange for taking a cut. A lot of indie authors are making good money by doing that and cutting out all the middlemen who take a cut.

Reactions: 1

Mediastar

Chatty Member
Nic has been back on social media (sporadically), has been sharing Liz's articles and still has Liz's website in her bio. So I think she probably still works for Liz - but Liz did suggest they had an argument late last year and it looks like Nic hasn't been around so much/is working fewer hours because of her health problems
Which account? The obvious one has nothing since last year...

Idontcare34

Is this the sister she regularly accuses of emotional abuse etc? And by the comment of “She's the only one I have left” I take that as Nic has seen the light and given Liz her notice.

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Juggo and GOB.

Last night on BBC radio Late Night Jo. One elderly, label-obsessed, beauty-obsessed, money-obsessed, child-free, "animal lover", croaky narc interviewing another. Blowing smoke up each other's scrawny arse.

Subject was the Mail article about her old school friend.

Listen on your local station, BBC Sounds 23 minutes from start of the show.

Idontcare34

Wait wait ... if you go to the Amazon UK listing for A Moment on the Lips there is a quote from Liz herself saying it's a wonderful book!

I haven't read it but judging from the page, while it does have some basic similarities to Liz's novel (focuses on weight loss and a character's husband has left her) these are all chick-lit staples. It is also about a group of friends who meet at a slimming club while Liz's novel is self-absorbed tripe about one woman losing a lot of weight through liposuction - which you can't do, you'd need bariatric surgery, but that might require Liz to actually do some research! And I bet A Moment on the Lips doesn't contain casual racism or comments about disabled people either

I missed the quote, I bet that was given through gritted teeth. I agree A Moment on the Lips seems to be more about friendships which Liz would struggle with. according to the reviews it is funny. I might read it and see how it compares. 😅
---
4F53A780-A397-461C-A9ED-F8888CBB76BC.png
876736E9-23C1-4441-A9F5-A7AC731DCCB0.jpeg

Not sure if I managed to attach them, but I just had a stalk of the author on Instagram and their style seems similar to Liz from the sample they posted. I hadnt been aware that Liz self published her book she made it sound like it was all via an agent and publisher on her podcast. I do not profess to know a lot about either but is this why it hasn't sold very many copies? And why is she having to sell her new book in America?
---
Not sure how I did that. Sorry I was trying to send a new post.

Last edited:
  • Heart