Liz Jones #4 Why am I so miserable and can't get a shag? Is it because I smell and am a drunken old hag?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jeez. In this week’s offering - She screamed, she wailed, she vomits with stress, she hissed, she spat with rage, she broke down. Get a grip love of your bodily functions and emotions. Or join an Am Dram group. Your dramatics are wasted otherwise.

I follow the Alice Evans/Ioan Gruffudd endless divorce saga. Ms Evans is also prone to the histrionics - all wailing and rolling or the floor, being slayed. They should send Lizzie to interview Ms Evans. They would be competitively on the verge of hysteria all the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Then there's Jack Monroe and her "howling and clawing at the floor", "hooting and fizzing" with laughter, punching walls, wailing, sobbing, etc. Can we make it a three-way contest?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
So she can drive in the dark, in snow ... I thought she had vertigo.
---
Then there's Jack Monroe and her "howling and clawing at the floor", "hooting and fizzing" with laughter, punching walls, wailing, sobbing, etc. Can we make it a three-way contest?
Jeez. In this week’s offering - She screamed, she wailed, she vomits with stress, she hissed, she spat with rage, she broke down. Get a grip love of your bodily functions and emotions. Or join an Am Dram group. Your dramatics are wasted otherwise.

I follow the Alice Evans/Ioan Gruffudd endless divorce saga. Ms Evans is also prone to the histrionics - all wailing and rolling or the floor, being slayed. They should send Lizzie to interview Ms Evans. They would be competitively on the verge of hysteria all the time.
Emotional incontinence.

Reactions: 8
Imagine paying £9000 or so for a journalism course and promised eminent writers as speakers and you get old jug ears as a final year treat 😂 you can almost feel the disappointment

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Imagine paying £9000 or so for a journalism course and promised eminent writers as speakers and you get old jug ears as a final year treat 😂 you can almost feel the disappointment
Presumably she was a cautionary tale: she didn't graduate, has no friends, was bankrupted and is a laughing stock.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Dreary. Sells her sister down the river against the express wishes of her nephew.
Was there ever any doubt?

If the young fella starts googling mad Auntie Elizabeth: Don’t worry love, you can always sit with us 😉

Wouldn’t she and terminal-odd-bod Victoria Mary Clarke be well met? They could spend the rest of eternity name-dropping and out-griefing at each other, and admiring their own journalistic prowess. This would spare the rest of humanity from it.

ETA: “invited to the funeral”? What sort of Yankified nonsense is she talking now. She’s not going to the funeral because she can’t afford the ticket. If she wasn’t as morally bankrupt as she is financially, her nephew could’ve live streamed or played a pre-recording of it at the funeral. Even churches up the mountains in Ireland broadcast funerals nowadays!

But, no, she’d rather have copy to pay for an oversized fridge for The Annexe to not put food in.

To quote a seminal fictional TV character, near and dear to many Gen Xers’ hearts (Alf Stewart): strewth!!!

Last edited:
So upset she recycles much of this from another equally insensitive article she posted about Lyn while Lyn was still alive!

And of course she wants the pity-pity-poor-me-party again that she threw over her other sister's death where the family did not want her at the funeral

Reactions: 7
You don’t get usually invited to funerals, do you? You just either go or don’t go? Unless you’re asked not to attend.

Reactions: 8
You don’t get usually invited to funerals, do you? You just either go or don’t go? Unless you’re asked not to attend.
But you can be barred... which is what will happen in this case, despite the fact she bought him an iPad!

She is entitled to remember her sister how she likes, but to go against the wishes of her nephew is beyond the pale. She could say my beloved sister has died and I will miss her and our shared memories so much. Instead it looks like she used her death to fill up the column, no need to make up stories about lovelorn rockstars or ex bakers. Not cool.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I'm still confused why she got fired from Marie Claire? Yeah she's boring and insipid but she must have had the credentials to get the job :)

She didn’t cut the mustard.
She’s into designer brands and experiences and has an okay eye? Guess she didn’t really have enough relevant placements/jobs behind her to really know what she was doing as an editor :)

She’s into designer brands and experiences and has an okay eye? Guess she didn’t really have enough relevant placements/jobs behind her to really know what she was doing as an editor :)
She campaigned against using models with eating disorders in magazines. That didn’t land well. Fair play to her on that one.

Reactions: 3
She campaigned against using models with eating disorders in magazines. That didn’t land well. Fair play to her on that one.
Alex Shulman did the same though I think? Guess jug eats isn’t on that level 😂

Reactions: 4
She says that’s why but I think it was mainly because of sales. She was sacked at a time of poor circulation and she said on her podcast many times that she didn’t care about sales/didn’t think it relevant to her job (!)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.