Little things that annoy you immensely #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hardly ever post on social media these days, no one sees it and I don’t see anything from my friends, it’s all group posts and ads.

Reactions: 10
A friend of mine is getting on my nerves lately. I can't get through a conversation without her fact checking something that's being said in passing, like she's gonna win a biscuit if she proves someone wrong. Put the bloody Google down and just chill. Nobody cares.
win a biscuit 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I never seem to see posts from my actual friends or family any more. It’s only ads or posts from groups/pages I follow. The last time I posted anything, I got about three likes and no replies. I genuinely think whatever tit they’ve done with algorithms over time has ruined Facebook for normal users.
I seem to only see posts by friends a couple of days after they post, whereas my newsfeed or whatever they're calling it these days is full of 20 posts from Dull Men's Club, 2 posts from Free to a Good Home, 10 posts from brands I follow and 50 posts from "suggested" brands and pages. Doesn't seem to matter how many times I click not interested on American "recipes" (3 different convenience foods mixed and topped with cheese), they're always bloody there!
Facebook is basically a birthday reminder for me nowadays.

Reactions: 14
Clothes sizing, specifically for women because I am one.

Tried something on in store in a size that fit perfect, thought I'd like a few other bits so I'd order it all online. Order has arrived all fits (same size) EXCEPT the item I tried in store, infuriating and now I need to make a special trip back to the store

Reactions: 8
Clothes sizing, specifically for women because I am one.

Tried something on in store in a size that fit perfect, thought I'd like a few other bits so I'd order it all online. Order has arrived all fits (same size) EXCEPT the item I tried in store, infuriating and now I need to make a special trip back to the store
Clothing sizes are all over the show these days. It's worse since Covid I've found (presumably cost and supply issues). I can just about accept that jeans in different colours will be a different fit due to material texture differences and the need to dye etc but jeez! I wear a petite and that's even worse. Reams of sodding material. Too long, too baggy, too much waist faff. This stuff used to fit. It drives me mad!

People who press the button after I've already pressed it at a pedestrian crossing. WAS MY PRESS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU??

Also people who don't press the button at all and stand there like lemons waiting for the lights to magically change. I clearly have issues with pedestrian crossings.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I can’t stand the Facebook People! The ones fishing for compliments. Posts often riddled with spelling mistakes (but you’re not allowed to point that out because ‘be kind’) so the feedback they’re fishing for is completely one sided…even though they’re in their fecking 30’s/40’s/50’s so should be able by now to process both criticism and praise in equal measure! Their life a mess behind the scenes but painting a picture of perfection hoping for comments and likes of ‘you’re the best’, ‘you’re so strong’…Urgh…get a bleeping grip! It’s like they’ve regressed to needy teenagers.
---
People (and it's nearly always older people - sorry mum!) who have the sounds on their phone. For notifications, calls, keyboard sounds etc. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Oh my god! THIS!!! 👆
---
Ooooooo, another one….toiletry product scents….of flowers that DO NOT SMELL!!!!
Smug people jogging with pushchairs. Well done for trying to keep fit and all that, but ouch that baby looks uncomfortable bobbing up and down over every bump in the road.
Oh GOD, my brother does this tit! Now has his daughter on the back of his bike, bragging that he’s nearly at the speeds he used to be before taking her! Utter twit! ‘Look at meeee! Aren’t I GREAT!’ No you bleeping gibbon, if you crash you take your daughter out with you ya bleeping bellend!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
People moaning about price rise at supermarkets. As if moaning will automatically drop the price on the spot.

Reactions: 5
I bought an admittedly cheap, spring jacket. I've been wearing it quite a bit but suddenly everywhere I go I am seeing absolute scruff bags in the same jacket...everywhere. Even my OH has noticed and it's become a running joke.

I don't want to wear it now but don't want to buy a new jacket 😭.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I really hate the fad of going to eat out and food is brought to the table on wooden boards, roof tiles, lead piping (I made that one up), bin lids, anything that isn’t a standard crockery plate. Why?
I am the same and always ask for my food to be served on a plate. Just a standard plate, thanks. Still the communication goes wrong and it ends up on a slice of wood. How difficult can it be to pass on such basic information

Reactions: 6
People who hog equipment at the gym. You don’t need 3 machines at once so don’t get mardy when I move your tit.

Trying to wear all of your lovely summer clothes before the cold weather returns.
Got a nice winter wardrobe but don't know why as with the big coat on and gloves, scarf, hat, it's never seen 😂 🤷‍♀️
Body clock all to duck with this extended winter weather.

I am the same and always ask for my food to be served on a plate. Just a standard plate, thanks. Still the communication goes wrong and it ends up on a slice of wood. How difficult can it be to pass on such basic information
It seems so unhygienic doesn't it. You don't put wood in a dishwasher so just how clean is it? 😬

My mother has a very very loud alert for messages, and it does my head in.
It reminds me of being in an office in the late 90s, particularly the BT Cellnet phones would have such a distinctive message sound - bip bip bip bee-ba-bee! - and everyone had their tones on all the time!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.