Little things that annoy you immensely #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My neighbours, we haven't had anything to do with them for at least a couple of years since I told them off for filling my bins with their rubbish
So for some reason they decided to take in my parcel the other day then kept hold of it for two days before bringing it round to me
they go past my house about 20 times a day and know what time I get home why not just ring the bell and leave it on the doorstep 🤬
This may be unpopular but if I take somebodies parcel in for them I don't go out of my way to drop it at their house, I wait for them to come collect. I'd only go and drop it if they hadn't collected it after a few days. Likewise if my neighbour took my parcel in I wouldn't expect them to drop it at mine, I'd knock on their door to ask for it and to thank them for taking it in 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 33
This may be unpopular but if I take somebodies parcel in for them I don't go out of my way to drop it at their house, I wait for them to come collect. I'd only go and drop it if they hadn't collected it after a few days. Likewise if my neighbour took my parcel in I wouldn't expect them to drop it at mine, I'd knock on their door to ask for it and to thank them for taking it in 🤷‍♀️
Same!

Reactions: 8
There was no card left in the letter box so I had no idea where it had been delivered to
My point was why take in a parcel for somebody you don't talk to in the first place and then to hold to it for two days when they walk past my door so often is annoying

Reactions: 5
My neighbour does this she’s a lazy witch. She always claims to be in the shower when the postman comes when in fact she’s in bed! I no longer take her parcels. We no longer get along. Can’t stand her.

Reactions: 4
Why can't people walk through a door and close it behind them? Seated in a restaurant near the door and nearly everyone through it leaves it ajar. I've got up to close it a dozen times. One girl is continuously popping out for a vape and leaving it open and us in an icy draught.. only my rage is keeping me warm.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Why can't people walk through a door and close it behind them? Seated in a restaurant near the door and nearly everyone through it leaves it ajar. I've got up to close it a dozen times. One girl is continuously popping out for a vape and leaving it open and us in an icy draught.. only my rage is keeping me warm.
Born in a barn!! Drives me insane, so glad my office has automatic doors and fire doors

Reactions: 6
Sainsbury’s! Ordered shopping delivery and the guy turns up half an hour early when we’re still out. I spoke to him via Ring and he said no problem, I’ll do one delivery then come back to you. Except he obviously then just bumped us to the end of the delivery slot.

• Angry
Sainsbury’s! Ordered shopping delivery and the guy turns up half an hour early when we’re still out. I spoke to him via Ring and he said no problem, I’ll do one delivery then come back to you. Except he obviously then just bumped us to the end of the delivery slot.
Just a thought. When my grocery slot is booked I try to be home just in case they're early? I hope you aren't waiting too long for groceries

Just a thought. When my grocery slot is booked I try to be home just in case they're early? I hope you aren't waiting too long for groceries
The point of having a slot to me is that you're not hanging about before or after it. That's why it's a slot, not an exact time. He could've well done one more delivery and came to theirs as per the slot in the first place 😅

Reactions: 12
The point of having a slot to me is that you're not hanging about before or after it. That's why it's a slot, not an exact time. He could've well done one more delivery and came to theirs as per the slot in the first place 😅
It really annoys me when they are so early. I wouldn't book 3-4pm if 2.30pm was convenient would I!

Reactions: 13
That’s a bit of a passive-aggressive dig. I was 10 minutes away on my way home and my slot was 5.30-6.30. He arrived at 5pm. What’s the point of booking a slot if they ignore it?

• Wow
Reactions: 24
That’s a bit of a passive-aggressive dig. I was 10 minutes away on my way home and my slot was 5.30-6.30. He arrived at 5pm. What’s the point of booking a slot if they ignore it?
I wouldn't want to be a delivery driver and am grateful someone else does. Life is too short to waste. I'm off to watch a film. Too much drama here tonight!!

Reactions: 3
I wouldn't want to be a delivery driver and am grateful someone else does. Life is too short to waste. I'm off to watch a film. Too much drama here tonight!!
The whole point of this thread is that people post little things that annoy them. I didn’t realise that we also had to mitigate any posts with apologies to anyone mentioned for being annoyed that we are slightly annoyed.

Enjoy your film.

Reactions: 21
You’ve just reminded me of when I did a Sainsbury’s order during Covid and the extremely polite and considerate driver called me to ask if it was okay if he delivered my stuff early and I kid you not he turned out to be the hottest driver I have ever seen in my life, I fully went all a fluster, he could genuinely have turned up whenever the f he liked 5 stars, very happy with service, would recommend.

sorry yours was early then late - my irritation with delivery drivers is when they forget to pack their personality for the day 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
What is the deal with instagrammers saying comment and I’ll DM you the recipe? Does the algorithm pish up their post if it has lots of comments? I know that’s an obvious question- anyway it annoys me.

Reactions: 8
Trying to work out the best value for money with different brands of washing powder. Different stores selling a variety of products and sizes? Gah. Very annoying

Measuring jugs that don't have the measurements in a distinct colour so you can actually see the amount. Piffling annoyance but annoying nonetheless.

Reactions: 16
What is the deal with instagrammers saying comment and I’ll DM you the recipe? Does the algorithm pish up their post if it has lots of comments? I know that’s an obvious question- anyway it annoys me.
Yeah I think it all counts as engagement.

Reactions: 3
When you’re in a shop where the aisles aren’t very wide and someone wants to walk past while you’re looking at something so you kind of squidge yourself forward to let them past but then they stop right behind you to look at something on the other side so you’re just stuck there right up against the stand and have to move to the side and wait until they’re finished 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 11
People who think standing in the middle of a pavement is a good place to catch up with someone they know (usually there are kids or dogs with them meaning they take up the whole path) then act like they're doing you a favour letting you pass

People who, out of 3 treadmills at the gym, pick the middle one

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.