Little things that annoy you immensely #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Non dog people that act flummoxed when they see a dog in the woods 😅. Relax grannies!!
one of them raised her walking stick to my dog. I’d have happily shoved it up her arse 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People who have no awareness / consideration for people around them.

Went to the shops today and someone at a self checkout had several baskets of shopping and items of food spread across the floor around them. It meant to get to the other checkouts everyone had to complete some sort of assault course hopping over her stuff. Then she had her young kids just standing around also in everyone's way.

Why couldnt she have used a trolley and gone to a bigger checkout?

To make it worse I could see she held everyone up as she forgot some bits and got her kids to run around the shop getting them for her.

Reactions: 6
Being unfriended by people on social media who I’ve never had a disagreement or any bad blood with.
Such a small and stupid thing but it really bothers me when I suddenly see I’m not friends with someone on social media who I knew from my past but we were on good terms!

Reactions: 12
Being unfriended by people on social media who I’ve never had a disagreement or any bad blood with.
Such a small and stupid thing but it really bothers me when I suddenly see I’m not friends with someone on social media who I knew from my past but we were on good terms!
I haven't been on Facebook for many years but I do remember this happening once and it really stung. The only way I could rationalise it was maybe she wanted to keep her circle smaller online?

Reactions: 3
To provide another perspective as someone who unfriends, unfollows and remove followers all the time, there’s almost never a bad reason for me doing it. Most of the time it’s because we’ve simply moved on. Things were left on good terms sure, but if I’ve not spoken to the person since year 11 at school, I don’t really see the point in having them on social media. We’re never going to speak again, I’m not particularly interested in their life and there’s no need for them to be following what I’m doing either, so I remove them. There’s no hard feelings from me whatsoever though.

Reactions: 9
To provide another perspective as someone who unfriends, unfollows and remove followers all the time, there’s almost never a bad reason for me doing it. Most of the time it’s because we’ve simply moved on. Things were left on good terms sure, but if I’ve not spoken to the person since year 11 at school, I don’t really see the point in having them on social media. We’re never going to speak again, I’m not particularly interested in their life and there’s no need for them to be following what I’m doing either, so I remove them. There’s no hard feelings from me whatsoever though.
That is probably the most likely scenario. However I've had people unfriend me on Facebook, let's say people from uni, who didn't unfriend my other friends. Some of those other friends post really stupid stuff on Facebook and I don't post much, so the only explanation is that they particularly didnt like me 😅 which I don't really care about but makes you wonder about the reasons

Reactions: 4
I also unfollow/unfriend people for a range of reasons. Sometimes (same as above poster) there’s just no need for them as a friend/follower. Also I’ve done it as someone just posts TOO much stuff.

I unsubscribed from a newsletter and the person who writes and sends them, actually contacted me to ask why! I told her I don't really have time to read them and she got really defensive ... it was so weird. Maybe she was having a bad day or something.

• Wow
  • Haha
People who do not understand the difference between bought and brought. I can't describe the rage this causes me on the daily.

Reactions: 12
My mother could give lectures on how to be passive aggressive.
Most of the time, MOST of the time, I rise above it. And I watch myself to make sure I am not passive aggressive, because it's just so tit, and a horrible way to be.
I bit back very very slightly tonight about a gift I had given her which she had not acknowledged in any way. I'm not sorry.

I had to witness another sibling being fawned over when she was leaving the house today and when would she be visiting again, and thanks so much for visiting. I got just about civility, just about, as I was leaving. I'm sick of it. I don't visit, I'm wrong, I visit, I'm still wrong. duck it.
Oh and stop looking me up and down disapprovingly. Maybe that's another reason why I don't visit much eh 🙄

Had a rant upthread about a sibling who is treating me like tit over not attending her birthday party in January. Due to illness. A bit more of the same over the weekend, addressing her conversation to whoever was beside me, looking past me. Just duck off, the lot of you.

And breathe.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
People who call in sick after the bank holiday but you know they'll be back in tomorrow.
They just wanted an extra day off but make out they were ill over the weekend because they think it won't look shifty when they return to work tomorrow.

My mother could give lectures on how to be passive aggressive.
Most of the time, MOST of the time, I rise above it. And I watch myself to make sure I am not passive aggressive, because it's just so tit, and a horrible way to be.
I bit back very very slightly tonight about a gift I had given her which she had not acknowledged in any way. I'm not sorry.

I had to witness another sibling being fawned over when she was leaving the house today and when would she be visiting again, and thanks so much for visiting. I got just about civility, just about, as I was leaving. I'm sick of it. I don't visit, I'm wrong, I visit, I'm still wrong. duck it.
Oh and stop looking me up and down disapprovingly. Maybe that's another reason why I don't visit much eh 🙄

Had a rant upthread about a sibling who is treating me like tit over not attending her birthday party in January. Due to illness. A bit more of the same over the weekend, addressing her conversation to whoever was beside me, looking past me. Just duck off, the lot of you.

And breathe.
I always think if parents have favourites (they shouldn’t but I guess human nature means they are not perfect in their feelings), they should at least hide this from the family members concerned. A parent should treat/greet all children in the same way. Alright, sometimes parents will be closer emotionally or local to one over the other, but when inviting them round, should give the same hugs/fuss and try to appear interested.

Sorry you have had to deal with this, it’s not fair :(

• Heart
Reactions: 5
People who call in sick after the bank holiday but you know they'll be back in tomorrow.
They just wanted an extra day off but make out they were ill over the weekend because they think it won't look shifty when they return to work tomorrow.
I had a stomach bug all weekend and feel wiped out, only felt better yesterday, but I’m still logging in today so people don’t think this about me 😐😂

• Sad
  • Haha
In my old work place a policy was put in place where you didn't get paid if you phoned in sick after a bank hol or annual leave. This was about 10 years ago

• Wow
That is probably the most likely scenario. However I've had people unfriend me on Facebook, let's say people from uni, who didn't unfriend my other friends. Some of those other friends post really stupid stuff on Facebook and I don't post much, so the only explanation is that they particularly didnt like me 😅 which I don't really care about but makes you wonder about the reasons
This has happened to me. People who I used to work with have unfriended me , but not other people that they also don't see that they worked with at the same time.

I figured it's either because they specifically don't like me, or because they're men and I post selfies in gym gear.

You have to not see social media as real life, although it can feel like it, it's not the same as a reunion that only you weren't invited too.

I had a stomach bug all weekend and feel wiped out, only felt better yesterday, but I’m still logging in today so people don’t think this about me 😐😂
I have been feeling awful since Sunday and had to drag myself into office this morning as I know if I had asked to wfh it would be assumed Id had a big weekend and didnt want to get up early.
The fact that several people have decided not to come in is making me feel worse.

• Sad
When people use stupid words to name things that they don’t like, as in faceache (Facebook) or the Karcrashians (think I saw this on here yesterday actually 😂)
It comes across as childish and just makes me cringe so so so much 😫

• Haha
Its the usual suspects here, not the genuine cases like you. Hope you feel better soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.