Little things in life that annoy you immensely #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else struggle with these new spray deodorant click lids? They’re an absolute nightmare!

Reactions: 3
My neighbour has dumped his old, broken car on the patch of grass outside his house (fully on the pavement but not blocking anything) and it looks tit just sat there rotting. He also has his curtains half hanging off the window and the house looks a state. It does worry me that if we come to sell it’s going to put people off. I know I sound like a snob but I just wish he would take a bit more pride like we do when we’ve spent a lot of money doing the outside of our house up. X
I have the same thing, driving down my road the other day was like driving through a construction site. I feel like I don’t want to have people over because I’m embarrassed about what they have to drive through to get to my house

Reactions: 4
My neighbour has dumped his old, broken car on the patch of grass outside his house (fully on the pavement but not blocking anything) and it looks tit just sat there rotting. He also has his curtains half hanging off the window and the house looks a state. It does worry me that if we come to sell it’s going to put people off. I know I sound like a snob but I just wish he would take a bit more pride like we do when we’ve spent a lot of money doing the outside of our house up. X
That’s the council’s grass. Report him!

Reactions: 5
I have the same thing, driving down my road the other day was like driving through a construction site. I feel like I don’t want to have people over because I’m embarrassed about what they have to drive through to get to my house
Snap
I live in a cul de sac and the houses before are right states
So embarrassing
The estate we live on is so lovely and nice but once you come down my bit it’s horrific
And I’m not big headed but our house is immaculate inside and outside
Even housing have told us we have the best kept home and love what we have done
I know what there getting at as insides my neighbours homes it’s disgusting

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Omg when people are so DUMB to spot an obvious scam on Facebook. “A family of 6 have cancelled their non-refundable booking so we’re giving it away to whoever likes and shares this post!!” Posted by a center parcs page created 2 days ago. Honestly use your heads you morons

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Pepsi Max only being available in flavoured versions in the shop, but no original ones left. Also you have to look twice to make sure you’ve not picked up a raspberry one or whatever (if you’re in a rush maybe).

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Learner drivers. I know we all had to learn once upon a time but if they aren't capable of going above 15mph on a busy main road then they shouldn't be driving on it 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Pepsi Max only being available in flavoured versions in the shop, but no original ones left. Also you have to look twice to make sure you’ve not picked up a raspberry one or whatever (if you’re in a rush maybe).
The ginger one 🤮

The cherry one is well nice though! Raspberry is minging!

Reactions: 6
Learner drivers. I know we all had to learn once upon a time but if they aren't capable of going above 15mph on a busy main road then they shouldn't be driving on it 🤷🏻‍♀️
Same thing but with old drivers.

The road towards my town is very narrow. So, if there is a slow driver you are stuck behind them for 20km.

It is such a pain in the arse when people refuse to follow the speed limits and as a result create a massive traffic jam.

Reactions: 8
I joined a Facebook group that is supposed to help people avoid buying new. The amount of guilt trips in the comments by people begging is just wow 😵💫 I learned a lot of people’s life stories over a set of bookends! If you like something that much, save up and buy it for yourself.

Reactions: 24
It's summer here in NZ and what do you know ... it's the time that long "lost" "friends" (acquaintances) and relatives suddenly make contact to ask if they can come and visit (only ever wanting to use our pool - never wanting to see us).

They can't just 'pop in' uninvited as we got sick of that (plus there have been some security issues in our rural community over the past couple of years), as we have huge locked gates you can't drive around or climb over.

People are such users.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It's summer here in NZ and what do you know ... it's the time that long "lost" "friends" (acquaintances) and relatives suddenly make contact to ask if they can come and visit (only ever wanting to use our pool - never wanting to see us).

They can't just 'pop in' uninvited as we got sick of that (plus there have been some security issues in our rural community over the past couple of years), as we have huge locked gates you can't drive around or climb over.

People are such users.
I'm jealous that you have summer while I'm scraping thick ice off my car and freezing my tits off 😫😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I joined a Facebook group that is supposed to help people avoid buying new. The amount of guilt trips in the comments by people begging is just wow 😵💫 I learned a lot of people’s life stories over a set of bookends! If you like something that much, save up and buy it for yourself.
I keep trying to make myself leave the reuse groups for my own sanity. same people over and over asking for everything. when they themselves give its almost always something they got from the group took the best and passing on the rest like they are being benevolent, they are also always the ones with the most rules of requesting from them Many people moan about these people who must sit on the group refreshing over and over as are always the first to comment.

I have spoken to admin that these people must be selling them on or hoarders as no one, not even buck palace could not have enough space to house all this stuff.
Two of them I had to ban from my own selling group as the moment anyone offered anything up for free they were on it, but their own items had a large price on. they never gave anything for free, they do now on this other group but as already said its stuff they go off the group anyway.
Admin just say they don't have a rule first come first served so no one has to give these people anything if they don't want to, but most people just pop on and wont see those people are grabbing everything.
its such a handy group as deals with the whole area whereas my group is just for the villages so giving away things takes longer on my group Im always sorting out so its a good place for that but oh my goodness these people need to be removed from the group.

there is another who says yes to everything but doesn't tell people she cannot collect and needs it delivered only after the seller has said they can have it. she has a C&P reply to "when can you collect" I know this as three times now I've been sent that message the first time I fell for it and was messed around so much. See the other day that one of the items she gave was one I gave her and delivered she hadn't used it at all :/

Another (one I banned from my own group) isn't really good at collecting .. I gave her an over 100yo illustrated bible and three times she didnt collect it last time I left it n the step as she assured me she would collect it that morning before school but it rained and not the weather for collecting, apparently so even though it was wrapped in plastic it got damp and I binned it, she asked for something I was giving away and I pm her and said to not ask me for my things due to the bible and she was really pissed off and thought me unfair as it was raining hard . duck off scrounging ponce.

I have a million stories of these people and just my own experience of giving bits away so imagine what the real story of them is

Sorry as you can see it's a huge peeve of mine. I really really hate greed.

Reactions: 10
When someone asks you a question but keeps talking and doesn’t let you get a word in 😡

When you turn on the kitchen taps and there's a spoon in the sink and the water bounces of it and sprays more water than a feckin waterfall onto me

• Haha
Reactions: 29
People who have troubleshooting problems that take up the first 15 mins of a Zoom meeting and then they keep posting in the chat “I can’t see anything 😞”. No one cares

1641464588427.gif

• Haha
Childproof caps on absolutely everything! Children can learn to open them, and they cause problems for people who are disabled or have arthritis etc.

Reactions: 9
Same with Lucozade I don't like the flavoured ones.

Childproof caps on absolutely everything! Children can learn to open them, and they cause problems for people who are disabled or have arthritis etc.
I struggle with them too

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.