Little things in life that annoy you immensely #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way some people message in my workplace in MS Teams. They send a single message with my name first "mcfeez" then you open the chat, thats all there is with them still typing. JUST TYPE THE WHOLE THING UP. One girl in particular sends everything in separate sentences.
Same in WhatsApp when you receive about 15 one line messages when one full message would suffice.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Beats sending 3 texts to someone showing concern because they’re ill and getting no reply. I’ll presume that’s a no then!
Getting a response 36 hours later and finding out they have bad Covid. Unvaxxed of course! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
YouTube presenters that are so full of themselves, and we have to watch them for 95% of the content. A voiceover would be fine in most cases anyway (I don’t mean if they are demonstrating stuff).

Apologies if this really should be on the social media thread!

Reactions: 4
When company names don't appear in full on your bank statement and you're trying to work out who they are. Is it so hard to put your full name on there?
Yeah I start worry I've been the victim of fraud all the time ! especially when the money doesn't go out the same day so I'm thinking I was at work that day and didn't order anything online 😱 🤣

Reactions: 5
A studio flat is not a one bedroom flat.
A studio flat is a zero bedroom flat.

Bastard estate agents.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
A studio flat is a zero bedroom flat.

Bastard estate agents.
In order of scum it goes… murderers, rapists, drug dealers, estate agents, recruitment consultants, conveyance solicitors! 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I struggle to be honest. My dad died on Christmas day a few years back and I've not had any luck with Christmas since. I remember that day like yesterday...he was supposed to be coming to mine for dinner and it was all of a shock. And I recall making my way to the hospital with Hallelujah playing on the radio and I knew he was gone.

I have 2 kids and try to make the effort but I hate that nobody would ever acknowledge my feelings. My mum is a widow and I love to see her at Christmas but expectations from other people sometimes get too much. Everyone wants us to go to parties and 'get togethers' because it's christmas but I don't get any enjoyment out of it.
Hey milktray, I’m with you. I’ve never enjoyed Christmas as I’ve always worked it, but when I had my son I thought that I’d finally get the Christmas cheer and I’d be excited. It’s never happened. This year I’ve worked in COVID ICU, I lost my daughter at 24 weeks and I lost my Grandpa last week. My grandpa was like my Dad, he was my absolute entire world.

This year I feel nothing. I am numb. My son is 4 and he is really excited, but husband and I are struggling. The expectations from people are so much and so high. We haven’t even wrote Christmas cards or got each other presents. I just want it over with.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Hey milktray, I’m with you. I’ve never enjoyed Christmas as I’ve always worked it, but when I had my son I thought that I’d finally get the Christmas cheer and I’d be excited. It’s never happened. This year I’ve worked in COVID ICU, I lost my daughter at 24 weeks and I lost my Grandpa last week. My grandpa was like my Dad, he was my absolute entire world.

This year I feel nothing. I am numb. My son is 4 and he is really excited, but husband and I are struggling. The expectations from people are so much and so high. We haven’t even wrote Christmas cards or got each other presents. I just want it over with.
I’m so very sorry. Christmas after loss is always hard and yours will be doubly so. Please don’t feel pressured to do what you’re uncomfortable with. Your little one will be happy with a few presents, some twinkly lights, a board game or two, watching Christmas tv together snuggled under blankets after a nice walk if you have the energy and general family time. If you can’t face giving cards and gifts don’t. People will understand and if they don’t understand they don’t deserve them anyway.

• Heart
People who leave car engines running at this time of night or early in the morning
Drives me bleeping mad!!

Reactions: 7
People who leave car engines running at this time of night or early in the morning
Drives me bleeping mad!!
Or when the ice cream van (yep you read that right, yes it's winter!!) turns up outside with its music on vibrating the floorboards 😳😑

• Haha
Letting agents have to be in there somewhere as well!
Many years ago, we rented from a god-awful letting agency that was owned by a couple and their useless lump of a son. They were terrible and the only joy I had was imagining what order I’d put them in a human centipede.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Neighbour has a top spec new Range Rover but still drives down the street with his mobile phone at his ear. The bigger the car, the bigger the idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Neighbour has a top spec new Range Rover but still drives down the street with his mobile phone at his ear. The bigger the car, the bigger the idiot.
There is only one type of person that drives those cars - vain, shallow, thick and selfish. A true Narcs car!

When you oversleep and wake up with a crook neck, like you’re being punished! 🥺

Last edited:
When company names don't appear in full on your bank statement and you're trying to work out who they are. Is it so hard to put your full name on there?
I hate that when you set up a new payee on your back account you can't add a little more to help you remember what it's for. I have a few bank accounts at different banks but they're all listed by my name, so I don't know which is which. I then have to dig about to find out the account number to identify which one I need. If it could have my name plus for example "Barclays" it would make life a lot easier!

Letting agents have to be in there somewhere as well!
Letting Agent here, waving the white flag - Well, a former one. I loved my job, hated people and therefore we were not well suited. I tried to always be nice to everyone though, and when I first started I was very understanding and lenient - then I got fed up of the lies and bullshit from people and became a bit more fierce!! It's always tough when our job is to represent the Landlord, and if the Landlord is an hole then we are because we have to follow his instructions.

Letting Agent here, waving the white flag - Well, a former one. I loved my job, hated people and therefore we were not well suited. I tried to always be nice to everyone though, and when I first started I was very understanding and lenient - then I got fed up of the lies and bullshit from people and became a bit more fierce!! It's always tough when our job is to represent the Landlord, and if the Landlord is an hole then we are because we have to follow his instructions.
Are you guys American? Because I’ve never used the word ‘letting’ to describe a scumbag estate agent, who do lettings and sales…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.