Little things in life that annoy you immensely #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People saying like with every sentence and "ton/tone" - bloody YouTube!

Girl, you don't make a ton of videos, you don't post a tone of comments. 🤡Stop! 😡

Those flat vacuum packed packets of meat/fish. I'm actually terrified of the them, to the extent that I brace myself and hunch my shoulders before approaching them to open them. The little b@$tards have such sharp edges, not to mention the fact that you have to proper enter battle with them to peel them open, I often have to abandon that method and just attack the packaging with a sharp knife. Even that difficult. To be honest they should be banned.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Basically, totally unnecessary word, not required in every sentence, adds nothing except irritation

Those flat vacuum packed packets of meat/fish. I'm actually terrified of the them, to the extent that I brace myself and hunch my shoulders before approaching them to open them. The little b@$tards have such sharp edges, not to mention the fact that you have to proper enter battle with them to peel them open, I often have to abandon that method and just attack the packaging with a sharp knife. Even that difficult. To be honest they should be banned.
I hate packaging, I was trying to open something the other day and it was in that hard tightly sealed plastic, even scissors could not do it. I had to get a serrated knife and saw it in the end.

How the F do old people cope. I remember once visiting an old lady who met me at the door with her milk and asked me to open it, it was when that little pull thing was put on top of milk under the lid about 16 years ago. The poor cow had been waiting for hours for her morning tea.

Waking up with a headache for the fifth day running 😫

ETA - didn’t even mean to post this on this thread so my headache is clearly affecting my concentration skills now 🥴

Last edited:
  • Sad
I was walking to work the other day and an eyelash flew into my eye. I tried to get it out for 5 minutes, but could just feel a constant scratching, itching, sharp object in my eye.

Sat down on a bench, same thing, nothing worked. Had to wait to get to work and a mirror, 15 more minutes of a sharp, drying out, painful eye - with the feeling of a tiny sharp object in there!

By the time I got to work I was enraged!!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Waking up with a headache for the fifth day running 😫

ETA - didn’t even mean to post this on this thread so my headache is clearly affecting my concentration skills now 🥴
Could it be sinusitis? Get well soon xxx

Reactions: 1
Baby talk

influencer on Instagram put story of her 6 month old with a plate of ‘broc broc’

it’s broccoli 😑

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
British people referring to autumn as fall
All the children I know talk American English. One of my grandchildren laughed when I say put the shopping in the boot, she said "it's a Trunk, Nanny"
It's not like they even watch a lot of TV, or on devices all the time. it must be 100 times worse for those who are.
My granddad told my mum off during the war for bringing American slang into the house. she has said "OK" 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
When you click off a thread then a notification comes up that someone has posted in the same one so you end up going straight back to it

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The Met Gala. Ugh. Just everything about it. The showing off 🤮 the superiority. The look at me look at meeeeeee!! Of it all. Hate. It.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
When you open a packet of biscuits and get covered in crumbs because the top couple of biscuits have broken and fall out everywhere

• Sad
Reactions: 11
When you open a packet of biscuits and get covered in crumbs because the top couple of biscuits have broken and fall out everywhere
The other day I picked up a large pack of couscous, it was upside down and sod's law the little sticky thing had come unstuck and the whole pack went over my kitchen floor. I'm still finding it everywhere

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
The other day I picked up a large pack of couscous, it was upside down and sod's law the little sticky thing had come unstuck and the whole pack went over my kitchen floor. I'm still finding it everywhere
Ahh, resealable stickers. The biggest lie known to man. 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Cat hair on everything I own in my house. Sick of it! Can’t wait for winter

• Haha
Reactions: 6
When you go to open a tin which has one of those ring pull things on and instead of opening the tin as it should the ring pull thing snaps off 🤬
Top tip: when this happens, turn the tin upside down and use a tin opener on the bottom of the tin to open it.
Never try it on the top as, when it has a ring pull, the top of the tin is made differently and will destroy your can opener!

I learned this the hard way...

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.