Little things in life that annoy you immensely #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People that have children and lose any semblance of their old selves and become so entrenched in child rearing that they are unable to participate in anything that doesn’t concern their little darlings.

As a childless person, I’ve had it this week with EVERY CONVERSATION being centred around health visitors, breastfeeding, the cheapest place to buy nappies, tit explosions, disciplining a three year old, crawling, sleep training etc.

I’m CHILDFREE WHY DO YOU THINK THIS INTERESTS ME?! It’s just constant with every friend with children I have. They lose all social skills. There’s no consideration for asking me about my life or what’s going on with me. There’s no conversation that does not relate back to their offspring. I honestly could be bleeding out dying and it would be “oh my god, have you seen this cute picture of X’s tit up their baby grow?”

duck OFF!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
People that have children and lose any semblance of their old selves and become so entrenched in child rearing that they are unable to participate in anything that doesn’t concern their little darlings.

As a childless person, I’ve had it this week with EVERY CONVERSATION being centred around health visitors, breastfeeding, the cheapest place to buy nappies, tit explosions, disciplining a three year old, crawling, sleep training etc.

I’m CHILDFREE WHY DO YOU THINK THIS INTERESTS ME?! It’s just constant with every friend with children I have. They lose all social skills. There’s no consideration for asking me about my life or what’s going on with me. There’s no conversation that does not relate back to their offspring. I honestly could be bleeding out dying and it would be “oh my god, have you seen this cute picture of X’s tit up their baby grow?”

duck OFF!
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

To add to this, when I do occasionally get asked by my friends with kids, it’s nearly always accompanied with the ‘head tilt’. Like my childfree life is to be pitted & they’d just rather die than be me 🙄

Reactions: 9
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

To add to this, when I do occasionally get asked by my friends with kids, it’s nearly always accompanied with the ‘head tilt’. Like my childfree life is to be pitted & they’d just rather die than be me 🙄
I never wanted children and had a coil fitted after other other femail contraception was not good for me. My husband said he would have a vasectomy but I became pregnant before this happened. When I went into hospital to have my son the midwife said he is going to come out holding the coil and laughing. I did not find it funny but got over it. Our son became a loved person in our life.
The worst thing that happened was that my sister told our son he was never wanted as I did not like children and it took him a long time to get over it and I have never spoken to her since - the witch.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Football fans who refer to their own team as 'we' and someone else's team as 'you' so I have no bloody idea what teams the conversation is about.

"I think we have a good chance, you do have a very strong side though"
Neither of you are in fact Premier league footballers playing for these teams. You are not part of these teams 🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Druggies. Drug dealers. Criminals.

I live in a relatively (bar a couple of house) quiet street made up of ex council and council houses. I have just seen a group of 5 adults who I dont recognise from the street doing a drug deal IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET. riles me up so much, i want to just get in my car and mow them down 😂
What drugs were they dealing? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
People who shout when they talk. Can’t stand that. Americans do it a lot, god it’s annoying 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 12
When people assume I can't do something or I'm stupid because I am junior at work the moment. I stg I had to just bite my tongue so hard to a candidate who said "let me email everything across to you because you will probably make a mistake" erm what makes you think that you bleeping dragon loving incel!?! His entire phone call was crappy but he's a good fit for the role.

We were talking about qualifications on HIS CV and he only got a pass in something I got a distinction for. Interesting 🤔

Wanted to say "not so bleeping clever if you're unemployed and have been since May" but instead I held in my rage. If this had been outside of work I would've made him cry. Sorry rage rant over.

ETA - Dragons because there was some game he likes involving dragons in the hobby section of his cv.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
People who park slightly on the pavement/grass verge despite there being enough room in the road. Leaving a muddy puddle on there exit if the weather has been bad 🤬

When people assume I can't do something or I'm stupid because I am junior at work the moment. I stg I had to just bite my tongue so hard to a candidate who said "let me email everything across to you because you will probably make a mistake" erm what makes you think that you bleeping dragon loving incel!?! His entire phone call was crappy but he's a good fit for the role.

We were talking about qualifications on HIS CV and he only got a pass in something I got a distinction for. Interesting 🤔

Wanted to say "not so bleeping clever if you're unemployed and have been since May" but instead I held in my rage. If this had been outside of work I would've made him cry. Sorry rage rant over.

ETA - Dragons because there was some game he likes involving dragons in the hobby section of his cv.
Do you work in the same place as me 😅😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Some wonderful person posting on another thread about petty things people had done worked in the same situation as you. A particularly annoying client kept ringing for up-dates and generally being rude and demeaning. She altered two things in their system on his CV under his personal interests so 'walking' became 'wanking' and I can't remember the other but I was crying with laughter. You'll get your chance soon ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Husbands that snore 🤬
worst thing ever! It really can ruin a marriage imo. to save our marriage we had to have seperate rooms for sleeping i was getting NO sleep and it was making me very angry and resentful, my husband has been diagnosed with sleep apnea now so hopefully once that is under control it will be back to normal 🤣 he is amazing during waking hours, just sleep time i want to smack him

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My fella

If I hear him mention Cristiano Ronaldo and Man United in the same sentence one more time.... 🤣😅

• Haha
Reactions: 9
People who park slightly on the pavement/grass verge despite there being enough room in the road. Leaving a muddy puddle on there exit if the weather has been bad 🤬
How about ppl who park 2 wheels on the path when EVERYONE else is fully on the road. I genuinely question the sanity of these ppl! Are you actually blind?

• Haha
Some wonderful person posting on another thread about petty things people had done worked in the same situation as you. A particularly annoying client kept ringing for up-dates and generally being rude and demeaning. She altered two things in their system on his CV under his personal interests so 'walking' became 'wanking' and I can't remember the other but I was crying with laughter. You'll get your chance soon ;)
Wasn't it "walking and skiing" that she changed to "wanking and skiving"? 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.