Little things in life that annoy you immensely #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sneering is the exact word I was looking for!

Sorry, not sure what DS is?

I totally agree, some things just don't need to be said!
Yes its like unessecary comments made to put someone else down. Why do people do that? I grew up with my dad doing it to me and I dont know why I put up with it for so long z

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Sneering is the exact word I was looking for!

Sorry, not sure what DS is?

I totally agree, some things just don't need to be said!
Digital spy forum. it ended up just hive-minded and 90% of posters being like the poster I mentioned. it closed most of its forums a few months back and people migrated here and AV forums. most left here because its so different to DS

Reactions: 2
Sanitising my hands after I get off the tube (after washing and sanitising them frequently all day) to arrive at my destination to be told to sanitise my hands again. Also with their brand of sanitiser which stinks to high heaven, is greasy and way too much comes out so I have to wipe most of it on my clothes. My hands are so tight and sore constantly now I feel like they're gonna fall off

Reactions: 8
Sanitising my hands after I get off the tube (after washing and sanitising them frequently all day) to arrive at my destination to be told to sanitise my hands again. Also with their brand of sanitiser which stinks to high heaven, is greasy and way too much comes out so I have to wipe most of it on my clothes. My hands are so tight and sore constantly now I feel like they're gonna fall off
I agree i hate being told to sanitise my sanitised hands, and I am very particular about the sanitisers I use - some of them stink 🙃

Reactions: 6
Sale items!! The item YOU want is not on sale!!

Actually this is to do with my Mother, she wants some Crinkle Trousers, Damart have them on sale.
Here is the BUT!!!!! The colour Mother wanted wasn't on sale, all the colours that were on sale were
colours she wouldn't wear. I've tried to get some from another source but that's not very easy so I
have given up for now.

Reactions: 1
I’ve found the following with hand sanitisers in some shops

- M&S’s sanitiser stinks (at least in the branch I was in)
- Some where it’s really greasy and takes an absolute age to rub in.
- Some where too much comes out so you have to rub some on your clothes
- Some where I swear it’s just water
- Some where it leaves a powdery residue

I do take my own which has built in moisturiser but I sometimes use the ones in shops as they are handy and I don’t have to dig around in my bag for my own

Reactions: 2
I heard one colleague say her sister had used the phrase 'my house' and she couldn't understand as 'It's not her house, she's renting, so it's not hers'. True, but what else would she say??
I rent and I refer to it as “my house”, It is my house whilst I’m living here and paying rent and bills. Anyone who has a problem with this can get to duck.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I heard one colleague say her sister had used the phrase 'my house' and she couldn't understand as 'It's not her house, she's renting, so it's not hers'. True, but what else would she say??
How awful. She's splitting hairs and being pedantic.

Reactions: 7
I rent and I refer to it as “my house”, It is my house whilst I’m living here and paying rent and bills. Anyone who has a problem with this can get to duck.
I am exactly the same!

I can't see her logic :confused:

So, if you stay in a hotel, should you not say 'my room' ? :rolleyes:
Exactly!

What does she expect people to say - 'I am cleaning the house I rent / I have friends staying at the house I rent / do you want to come to the house I rent for a barbeque?'

I think she said it solely to prove she has 'one up' as she doesn't rent :confused:

Yes its like unessecary comments made to put someone else down. Why do people do that? I grew up with my dad doing it to me and I dont know why I put up with it for so long z
It's hard know how to respond I think, glad you don't put up with that anymore :)

I just don't know why people do it

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I am exactly the same!

I can't see her logic :confused:

Exactly!

What does she expect people to say - 'I am cleaning the house I rent / I have friends staying at the house I rent / do you want to come to the house I rent for a barbeque?'

I think she said it solely to prove she has 'one up' as she doesn't rent :confused:

It's hard know how to respond I think, glad you don't put up with that anymore :)

I just don't know why people do it
Lol yea why would you add that on? I would just say stuff to make her look a knob like... oh ive got friends coming to the home i am currently renting... just to point out how ridiculous 😂
My house growing up was rented. Because of the way ppl made me feel about it i saved and saved to buy my own house and honestly i love it but the freedom of renting when something goes wrong? 😂🙈 i miss those days. Stressing about who i need to call and not being able to get someone to fix something for weeks. The ridiculous costs of absolutely EVERYTHING. Theres pros and cons to both but you should never be made to feel like you havent achieved something by not owning a home!

I found a new annoyance... person down the street parks on the road. Every time they turn in the mount the path and drop down... do you not care about your alloys? 😂

Reactions: 6
Lol yea why would you add that on? I would just say stuff to make her look a knob like... oh ive got friends coming to the home i am currently renting... just to point out how ridiculous 😂
My house growing up was rented. Because of the way ppl made me feel about it i saved and saved to buy my own house and honestly i love it but the freedom of renting when something goes wrong? 😂🙈 i miss those days. Stressing about who i need to call and not being able to get someone to fix something for weeks. The ridiculous costs of absolutely EVERYTHING. Theres pros and cons to both but you should never be made to feel like you havent achieved something by not owning a home!

I found a new annoyance... person down the street parks on the road. Every time they turn in the mount the path and drop down... do you not care about your alloys? 😂
I like that idea! That will be my new response :LOL:

Couples not walking single file on a narrow pavement, forcing you off it into the road

Reactions: 9
Bought a bottle of ribena and it turned out to be sparkling. Really doesn't work.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I went to my families earlier, we sat in the garden, but regretting sitting out now as my hayfever seems to have started up now. Was fine before that.

Probably an unpopular one but the trend of putting blusher over your nose, I just don't get it. It looks tit.

You either look like you have a cold, are sunburnt, you've let a child do your blusher or an alcoholic 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
We have decided to order Mcdonalds breakfast at work this morning, a rare treat. There are a couple who didn't want it but one of them is sat their with a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp complaining how un-healthy it all is.
I can guarantee that by 10am she has cracked open a monster energry drink and is on her 3rd fag break of the morning.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.