Little things in life that annoy you immensely #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My partner has this annoying habit of not putting discs (dvds, games etc) back in their original boxes and instead just swaps them with the disc he’s going to use next. This results in a total cluster duck, dvds in video game cases, video games in dvd cases, 2 discs in one case even though they can only hold one disc. I hate it.

I wanted to play Stardew Valley later tonight, not played it for ages. Opened the case and the bloody Hobbit was in there whilst my Stardew disc was loose in the case which has resulted in the disc getting horribly scratched and now it won’t work. Been telling him for years to put them in their original cases but he never listens and of course it had to be one of my games that gets ruined whilst his crappy hobbit dvd came out unscathed.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
My partner has this annoying habit of not putting discs (dvds, games etc) back in their original boxes and instead just swaps them with the disc he’s going to use next. This results in a total cluster duck, dvds in video game cases, video games in dvd cases, 2 discs in one case even though they can only hold one disc. I hate it.

I wanted to play Stardew Valley later tonight, not played it for ages. Opened the case and the bloody Hobbit was in there whilst my Stardew disc was loose in the case which has resulted in the disc getting horribly scratched and now it won’t work. Been telling him for years to put them in their original cases but he never listens and of course it had to be one of my games that gets ruined whilst his crappy hobbit dvd came out unscathed.
Maybe keep your games separate and take them out when you are finished? If when you want to put one in and he has left his in there, treat it with the same contempt he does

Reactions: 3
Maybe keep your games separate and take them out when you are finished? If when you want to put one in and he has left his in there, treat it with the same contempt he does
This is a place for moaning not solutions 😆😆🤣🤣😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Would be amazed if this hadn't been mentioned before... But when someone comes in to use the kitchen when I am. Every day I make my morning cuppa and every morning my mum immediately appears, mug in hand to make a coffee. I feel bad because she obviously just wants to chat, but when I see her little smiling face I honestly cannot contain the rage I feel in my heart.

She turns making a tea into an obstacle course and we're ducking and dodging and cutting across each other, she is just so IN THE WAY and it's so aggravating, like can you pls not just wait 5 and a half seconds till I'm done. Why would you want to make coffee under these conditions. A few hours later I'll be making breakfast and there she is again, having decided now is the time to unload the dishwasher. Again I'm constantly having to stop and swerve her as she cuts across me and wait for what feels like an eternity for her to move out of the way of every drawer/cupboard I need (she's always blocking the exact one I need exactly when I need it) so I can get my boiled eggs together. She keeps eggs in the fridge too which means they crack easier when boiled and also take longer to cook which displeases me greatly

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

This gave me instant rage 😳 I’d have snapped that disc in half to prove my point x

• Haha
Reactions: 4
When you clear up but it somehow ends up looking untidier than before.

Reactions: 6
Would be amazed if this hadn't been mentioned before... But when someone comes in to use the kitchen when I am. Every day I make my morning cuppa and every morning my mum immediately appears, mug in hand to make a coffee. I feel bad because she obviously just wants to chat, but when I see her little smiling face I honestly cannot contain the rage I feel in my heart.

She turns making a tea into an obstacle course and we're ducking and dodging and cutting across each other, she is just so IN THE WAY and it's so aggravating, like can you pls not just wait 5 and a half seconds till I'm done. Why would you want to make coffee under these conditions. A few hours later I'll be making breakfast and there she is again, having decided now is the time to unload the dishwasher. Again I'm constantly having to stop and swerve her as she cuts across me and wait for what feels like an eternity for her to move out of the way of every drawer/cupboard I need (she's always blocking the exact one I need exactly when I need it) so I can get my boiled eggs together. She keeps eggs in the fridge too which means they crack easier when boiled and also take longer to cook which displeases me greatly
omg Ifeel your pain girl.
When I was younger I was really not a morning person. I hated when people would try and talk to me and ask so many questions.. just let me wake up!! I would feel bad for my mum cos I knew she was only being nice but like you said.. they’re just in the way!!! JUST STOP TALKING TO ME BEFORE 830AM 😭😭😭 I hate being grumpy to people but tbf they don’t learn 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Stacey bloody Solomon who thinks she's the first person in the world to have cleaning/storage 'hacks' 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
We went to the beach today and I realised that I actually I hate going to the beach. Sand gets everywhere, sun cream makes it stick to you, the sea is always freezing. Then you’ve got all the faffing around afterwards removing sand, getting changed, getting shoes on, finding sand in the car for a year after one 2 hour visit. My kids had a great time but I was miserable.

The only beach I’m interested in is one where they put the sun cream on for you and bring you drinks and snacks all day and you basically only have to move to go from beach to water. Otherwise I just find the whole thing really stressful and uncomfortable. Sadly those kinds of beaches are out of my budget😅

• Heart
Reactions: 13
When everybody wants a drink when I put the kettle on. IF YOU WANTED ONE WHY DIDNT YOU PUT THE KETTLE ON😡😡😡😡😡😡

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I
We went to the beach today and I realised that I actually I hate going to the beach. Sand gets everywhere, sun cream makes it stick to you, the sea is always freezing. Then you’ve got all the faffing around afterwards removing sand, getting changed, getting shoes on, finding sand in the car for a year after one 2 hour visit. My kids had a great time but I was miserable.

The only beach I’m interested in is one where they put the sun cream on for you and bring you drinks and snacks all day and you basically only have to move to go from beach to water. Otherwise I just find the whole thing really stressful and uncomfortable. Sadly those kinds of beaches are out of my budget😅
I had some very similar feelings yesterday. I actually love the beach when I'm dry and on dry sand that brushes off fairly easily but I hate wet sand being on me. I enjoy the sea but then you have to walk over the wet sand to get to the dry sand. Also a wet wipe floated past me yesterday which was a bit grim.

I have no choice but to use suncream because I go from peely wally to cremated in about 4 minutes but god I hate the feeling of it. Sticky, greasy and slimy. I'm so glad the transparent stuff is a thing these days because I wasn't sure how much of the thick white cream I could tolerate anymore.

It's funny because I see the same conflict in my children. The we love this, swiftly followed by the moment they stop loving it.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Those shoes that seem to be in at the moment with the over exaggerated square toe. They look like something from Habbo Hotel 😂

I
I had some very similar feelings yesterday. I actually love the beach when I'm dry and on dry sand that brushes off fairly easily but I hate wet sand being on me. I enjoy the sea but then you have to walk over the wet sand to get to the dry sand. Also a wet wipe floated past me yesterday which was a bit grim.

I have no choice but to use suncream because I go from peely wally to cremated in about 4 minutes but god I hate the feeling of it. Sticky, greasy and slimy. I'm so glad the transparent stuff is a thing these days because I wasn't sure how much of the thick white cream I could tolerate anymore.

It's funny because I see the same conflict in my children. The we love this, swiftly followed by the moment they stop loving it.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday!
Thank you! Glad it’s not just me. Away for a couple of days to visit a theme park and decided we had some time on a bank holiday to visit a beach, very stupid idea as it was totally rammed. Wish we’d left later in the day and gone straight to the hotel as it totally stressed me out and I ended up ‘having words’ with my partner, to be fair it was his idea and he didn’t really plan it very well🙈 kids enjoyed themselves but I feel so bad about the bad feeling towards the end of the beach trip. Hope it hasn’t tainted it for them.

Now we are at the hotel, but I can’t sleep! It’s the bed, so uncomfortable. It’s a holiday inn so all the beds are probably the same. I read some reviews a couple of days ago saying similar things about the beds, so I sort of expected it, and a manager replied saying that covid delayed delivery of new mattresses (and new carpets when people complained about stains, new this... new that...). Not impressed and I think that’s bollocks tbh as I got a new mattress delivered last year at the height of the pandemic with no issues so I see no reason why a big hotel chain would struggle to source them especially by now. But I’m probably being grumpy as I’m tired (because I can’t sleep).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I’m getting very very tired of entitled customers.

“I’ve been with your bank for x number of year.....”

Good to know, but that is usually the prelude to a completely unrealistic request in the mistaken belief that length of custom has even the slightest relevance to the outcome.

“.... and i’ve never asked for anything....”

Yep here it come’s.

“.... but now I need a favour....”

Favour = large sum of money. With no strings.

“....I need £200k on a short term loan....”

Don’t we all dude.

“....how quickly can you do that?”

Very slowly. Like never. What are your assets? A large house worth £1.5 million which you anticipate selling quickly? Hmm I anticipate dating Gal Gadot. But that’s not happening either.

Reactions: 2
When something breaks (my label printer), and despite pulling it apart to determine the issue, Googling to see if there's something you've missed, it just won't come back to life. So you buy a new one, and what do you know - the old one suddenly bursts back into life. Bugger.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.