Little things in life that annoy you immensely #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My house. It's so cold even with the heating on all day!!

People going on about young people breaking Covid rules yet there are plenty of 40+ people breaking them and disregarding others.

Equally people moaning about young people not following rules and in the same sentence say they're going to break rules at Christmas...

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Working in a call centre, you are 40 seconds away from your lunch break, they have you on a strict time routine in these places. You are hungry and dying for a wee.....10 seconds before you are due to log off for your long awaited chicken mayo wrap your partner lovingly prepared for you the night before as they make the best wraps.....then you get a call and its the longest call ever 😆 same when you are about to go home at 8pm, you haven't had a call since 7:30pm and then your headset pings at 7:57pm 🤐 you have had all freakin day to phone, email or use live chat...why now? Why 3 minutes before the end of our shift 🙈🙈🙈

• Sad
  • Heart
That whenever the clocks go back the day seems to go so much slower. I didn't get up until 11am today how is it still not 8pm!!

Reactions: 6
My husband trying to learn a song on guitar. He plays the same line over and over again and it makes me feel all the rage!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It really bugs me that every single person I know calls Ibuprofen ‘brufen’.
OMG! I was beginning to doubt my hearing! It's actually real :LOL: when health professionals say it, you question whether you've been saying it wrong all along 😩seriously how can an unusual word like ibuprofen be mistaken for brufen? 🤷‍♀️

Thongs!

Used to wear them a lot during my uni years purely because they were comfortable (for short periods of time), cooler, didn't show up against any pants or shorts I might be wearing, and were of course rather sexy etc.

However, there are many downsides, most of which I won't repeat here. But needless to say they are quite literally a pain in the arse (and elsewhere!), especially when going for a long jog. People must think when I run past them, I have a twitch or muscle cramp down below because I run like I've got a hand brush wedged between my thighs!

Keep meaning to throw the last remaining 3 out, but keep forgetting - until now!

Goodbye, wedgies. Thanks for all the brief grief!
I got rid of mine when one day it was uncomfortable as hell realised I'd been wearing it back to front 😫

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
inky fingers from holding/reading newspapers

trying to find the sell-by/use-by date on a jar (it will sometimes say on the side "See side of lid" or "see base of jar". You do so but its either been rubbed off, smudged, or someone has whacked a price sticker all over it)
Newspapers? What on earth are newspapers? ;)

People who park in a parent child spot without said child

my wife is a very experienced vet nurse and friends and family text and call all hours of the day asking for advice about their”fur babies” my wife give appropriate advice usually to go to the out of hours vets (given we can’t mix households) Said family or friend either completely ignore my wife’s professional opinion based on the animals needs not the owners pockets and or they complain about the vet fees when the animal gets worse after ignoring my wife’s advice.

my wife is quite blunt in her professional manner but has the animals health at the forefront of her advice. The way she explains it to me is would you leave your child being continuously unwell for days ie vomiting or diarrhoea etc? Then why would you leave your “fur baby” that way 🤷🏻‍♀️

ps she kinda has a point 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The “you’re all caught up” notification on FB or Instagram etc. Yes, I know where I am, thank you, and what I‘ve read already, without the patronising reminder.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Microsoft Windows f**king 10!!! :mad:

I hate this half-baked piece of tit, and have done ever since it was squeezed out of the fetid orifice that is Redmond back in 2015.

Every major update comes with it a shedload of subsequent problems. And now we have the latest release - October 2020 20H2 V2009, which is now landing on people's machines awaiting downloading and installation.

And yet this lulls people into a false sense of security, thinking that the installation should be clean and problem-free. But as I have been witnessing from a number of clients in the last few days since its launch, it is screwing their machines (especially machines over 4 years old with dated motherboards and/or BIOS).

This update holds nothing of any significance, and I would recommend holding fire installing it for a good couple of weeks so that the many bugs that will no doubt come to light are ironed out by the Muppets @ Redmond

• Wow
  • Heart
People who park in a parent child spot without said child

my wife is a very experienced vet nurse and friends and family text and call all hours of the day asking for advice about their”fur babies” my wife give appropriate advice usually to go to the out of hours vets (given we can’t mix households) Said family or friend either completely ignore my wife’s professional opinion based on the animals needs not the owners pockets and or they complain about the vet fees when the animal gets worse after ignoring my wife’s advice.

my wife is quite blunt in her professional manner but has the animals health at the forefront of her advice. The way she explains it to me is would you leave your child being continuously unwell for days ie vomiting or diarrhoea etc? Then why would you leave your “fur baby” that way 🤷🏻‍♀️

ps she kinda has a point 🤣
My parents in law have a cat who fell pretty ill beginning of this year. They rang the vets who advised to bring her in but they wouldn't due to the cost. They let her be sick for 3 whole days before they eventually bit the bullet and took her in. Turns out she has some kind heart trouble and needs a repeat prescription every few weeks. They piss and moan each time the medicine is due as it costs them a lot of money. She has needed urgent vet care twice ever since and each time they have delayed it incase she picks up. Each time she has ended up at the vets and each time they have grumbled at the cost.
But if this was their son they would pay anything to get him right again.

One of the reasons i don't have a pet, unexpected vet bills and i am on a tight budget as it is.

• Sad
My parents in law have a cat who fell pretty ill beginning of this year. They rang the vets who advised to bring her in but they wouldn't due to the cost. They let her be sick for 3 whole days before they eventually bit the bullet and took her in. Turns out she has some kind heart trouble and needs a repeat prescription every few weeks. They piss and moan each time the medicine is due as it costs them a lot of money. She has needed urgent vet care twice ever since and each time they have delayed it incase she picks up. Each time she has ended up at the vets and each time they have grumbled at the cost.

One of the reasons i don't have a pet, unexpected vet bills and i am on a tight budget as it is.
Comparing their cat and their son made me laugh.

• Haha

Unfortunately this is a daily occurrence for most vet practices. People think they don’t need pet insurance and try save a few ££ and think they can just get it when the animal is sick but unfortunately that is fraud. My wife’s practice gets asked by many clients on a daily basis to fudge their notes (falsifying or altering medical records is a criminal offence) As insurance companies won’t insure an on going medical problem.

Best advice would to always insure your pets.

It also grinds my gears when I hear people complaining about vet fees. Pets are expensive. And if you can’t afford emergency veterinary care you shouldn’t own a pet. People also seem to forget we have an NHS which, I know is not a free service and we pay for it but you rarely see the cost on paper.

Rant over 🙃

Microsoft Windows f**king 10!!! :mad:

I hate this half-baked piece of tit, and have done ever since it was squeezed out of the fetid orifice that is Redmond back in 2015.
<snipped>
Being in IT you know more about it and experience about it, quite a shocking rant I have to say.

I've not really had a problem with W10 at all, one update managed to screw my PC up AND my Brother's but I discovered the flaw
and uninstalled the bastard update file that caused the problem. Apart from that, no problems, I have one PC with W10 preinstalled
and other other 2 PC's have Win7 with the free upgrade.

The best thing about W10 is that I can now click on an ISO file and it pops up as a drive, makes recoding dvd's a piece of piss.
The Worse thing is that my Lego Rock Raiders doesn't play anymore, which is why one of my PC's still has Windows XP.

Being in IT you know more about it and experience about it, quite a shocking rant I have to say.

I've not really had a problem with W10 at all, one update managed to screw my PC up AND my Brother's but I discovered the flaw
and uninstalled the bastard update file that caused the problem. Apart from that, no problems, I have one PC with W10 preinstalled
and other other 2 PC's have Win7 with the free upgrade.

The best thing about W10 is that I can now click on an ISO file and it pops up as a drive, makes recoding dvd's a piece of piss.
The Worse thing is that my Lego Rock Raiders doesn't play anymore, which is why one of my PC's still has Windows XP.
I won't bore you with the many many reasons why I loathe 10. I mean the privacy and data-mining aspects would fill a few A4 pages of venting, along with bog-standard QA testing prior to rollout is also quite lamentable.

All I will say is when you see some major updates ready to be downloaded/installed, I would suggest you put it on pause for a couple of weeks just in case. Plus to do backups of any critical files, documents prior to installation.

Apart from that W10 is just great:rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I won't bore you with the many many reasons why I loathe 10. I mean the privacy and data-mining aspects would fill a few A4 pages of venting, along with bog-standard QA testing prior to rollout is also quite lamentable.

All I will say is when you see some major updates ready to be downloaded/installed, I would suggest you put it on pause for a couple of weeks just in case. Plus to do backups of any critical files, documents prior to installation.

Apart from that W10 is just great:rolleyes:
I'm glad you will not tell me all the reasons because I probably wouldn't understand most of it :ROFLMAO:

As for your advice, already doing that, thankfully my main drive has no critical files on it, they live on a separate drive.
I also have a few backups on an external drive. :) I learned a lot about backups when I was on Main Frames back in
the 80's.

SO glad W10 has that pause feature, it's the dogs bollocks.

When your partners ex rings at 6 demanding him to come put together a hamster cage because she can't do it. And he says I will have my tea first and she comes out with a arsy comment we have had our tea yet either. You bleeping chose to go pets at home at tea time to get a pet your dd decided she wanted. Goes at 7 and hes Still not bleeping back yet.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Any song that refers to the 'taste' of someone. I was minding my own business, browsing the Christmas cards in store yesterday and this unfamiliar song came on. One of the lines was about still being able to taste someone, and it made me cringe inwardly. It wasn't that Damien Rice song but it was bad enough.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Uncontrollable kids. 😬
I love children, but when I go to a restaurant or the pub I just want to relax. Parents who let their kids run about, scream and make a nuisance instead of talking to them - I just can't understand.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Batteries dying in my TV remote control.

But rather than getting off my arse and replacing them in the usual fashion, I will instead just keep on shaking, pointing and clicking the RC in the vain hope I can get the last vestiges of battery juice out of it!:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.