Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When 'managers' in call centres spend their day cutting out paper and making fancy displays for Pride, Christmas, Halloween but point blank refuse to take a call from you and you have a karen demanding a manager šŸ¤£

And when these said managers sit at their desks and bark out "there are 15 calls waiting can everyone get in available please!" And you feel like saying "yeah...well get your feckin headset on and answer one then if its thats bleedin vital!"

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The whole Karen meme bullshit. Itā€™s sexist and ageist and just boring now.

When someone on Facebook posts a lengthy tribute to a famous person who has died, as if they knew them personally. ā€œThanks for the memories #RIPā€ I know someone who does this all the time (but only when old White dudes die). Grinds my gears!!

When a shop assistant gives you your change and puts the note in your hand and loose change in top. I hate this SO MUCH. I have small hands and itā€™s so awkward as the coins always slide right off! When I worked in shops I made a point of putting the change in their hand first.

Spoken word poetry. Makes me shudder.

This is an odd one but I canā€™t stand people saying clean your teeth and clean your hands. Itā€™s brush your teeth and wash your hands. The word clean only applies to cleaning your house in my head.

Using the word lush to describe something nice. Rips my knitting!!

Reactions: 11
when someone writes an essay ranting about something or discussing something, and doesnt put in any punctuation, so when you're reading it you don't pause for breath šŸ¤£
I had a stalker for a few months and send me over 100 texts per day (this was about twenty years ago). Every word was rammed into one another and no punctuation either.

People that talk about celebrities, particularly on Facebook, as though they were their friends. Cannot criticise them as in their eyes they can do no wrong.

People that dumb down their intelligence as rather people think they were stupid. When someone learnt I had a PhD, they put fingers under their chin and went 'ooo get you', before realising they had no clue what it actually meant.

• Heart
This is retail specific but when I'm trying to serve a customer and they're on the phone!!! Either hang up your call or don't join the queue until your done. It annoys me normally but it's even worse during busy times or like now where everything is one in one out. I could have served 3 people in the time it has taken me to serve you because you've had to pause your conversation every 5 seconds for me to ask you things!! Hang up and talk to me properly you rude prick!
When they apologise about it, but do it anyway

When a shop assistant gives you your change and puts the note in your hand and loose change in top. I hate this SO MUCH. I have small hands and itā€™s so awkward as the coins always slide right off! When I worked in shops I made a point of putting the change in their hand first.
Yes!!! šŸ’Æ

The bloody ads on tattle that make it almost impossible to read the thread . The I'm not a robot verification every time I log in.:devilish:

• Heart
Reactions: 9
People who type the plural ā€œWomenā€ when they mean ā€œwomanā€.

Eg ā€œIā€™m a strong womenā€

Arrrrgggghhhhh rage!

Also I absolutely abhor that journalism now almost entirely consists of social media users posts and screen shots in the articles. Even if itā€™s about a dead dog, the article will include the Facebook mumblings of the dogs neighbour 3 doors down sending their condolences via their status update.

Reactions: 15
People in general have been pissing me off all bleeping day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
The alarm on my street that keeps going off at intervals throughout the day (and sometimes night). No idea whether itā€™s a car or house but itā€™s becoming more and more frequent and pissing me off more and more.

-When you're in the middle of a pandemic and you're trying to maintain a 2m distance and people think it's alright to take up an entire supermarket aisle with their trolley whilst taking ten minutes to pick something.
-People who litter.
-People who park too close to junctions
-People who don't thank you when you let them pass
-People leaving the toilet seat and/or lid up
-Flaky people. Specifically people who have a habit of saying they'll come along and then don't bother, and sometimes don't even let you know.
-In a similar vein, people who are always late and don't manage their time properly, especially the ones who don't apologise or even have an excuse.
-People who leave their friends on a night out. My friend once went out with some people from work and they all left a club without her. Didn't bother to look for her, didn't call her to see where she was. I WOULD NEVER.

Reactions: 14
When an online store like ASOS/Cult Beauty posts a pic and there are a load of unrelated comments underneath saying

ANSWER MY DMS!!!

Just because itā€™s an online store itā€™s still people handling the query. Out of curiosity Iā€™ve expanded the comments because theyā€˜re so irate and a lot of the time theyā€™ve been the ones to f*ck the order up by ordering to their old address or something stupid and want them to drop everything to fix their problem.

Reactions: 3
Unsolicited advice! Sometimes I want to rant without being told what I should do.

Reactions: 7
People that say it's my birthday month or birthday week. Also people that have about 76 different celebrations for a non milestone birthday.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
People that say it's my birthday month or birthday week. Also people that have about 76 different celebrations for a non milestone birthday.
This and also people assuming I also want a big fuss made about my birthday, last year I was just in work and I didnā€™t tell anyone because I hate the whole pressure to have all these plans ā€œBuT ItS YOur BiRtHDaYā€ :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Collections at work, I never put into them with the exception of flowers for berevement, mat leave or retirement but only if it's someone I know.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.