Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Talking of adverts, the worst adverts ever are the Nationwide ones, especially the lockdown ones. 'Dear me in 3 months time' Also the Microsoft Teams adverts with the video calls, very annoying. I actually hate pretty much all adverts so I'm sure I'll think of more :LOL:
“We’re living on teams right now”. Oh are you? Well good for you now piss off.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
All of the above. And 'how's your Monday going' when on holiday. or 'take me back' when they haven't even been back 24 hours :mad:
or the classic “I’ve had worse Monday’s” with a picture of an alcoholic drink by the pool

Eeeeeewwwww "Take me back" actually knocks me sick. Real time documentation on facebook of ones holiday bugs me in general, seriously if I was having that great of a time I wouldnt be nose deep in my phone the entire time over sharing it.
Exactly! It’s the same with night outs. When you go snapchat and there’s a 2 hour long sequence of stories of them in a night club. Surely if you’re enjoying that much you wouldn’t be on your phone? I’m not anyway

Reactions: 13
“We’re living on teams right now”. Oh are you? Well good for you now piss off.
OMG yes that's it - definitely in the top 5 worst adverts

And all of the other Covid/Lockdown related adverts with 'now more than ever'. They could literally be advertising paint and they would still say it :mad:

Reactions: 5
Also when people, mostly from SW say 'lunch is' or 'lunch was'. Why can't they say I had xxx for lunch or I'm having xxxx for lunch

Reactions: 2
- people who don’t use the correct their/there/they’re
- people who don’t work... just because they’re lazy.
- people who think they’re above everyone else
- people who lip bite, pout or bite their tongue because they think it’s attractive 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Tiktok.

A few weeks before lockdown I was sat in a restaurant and all I could hear behind me was a clip of a song that kept playing over and over again on a phone. Looked around and it was an approx 12 year old miming some dance moves to this song multiple times and she was on Tiktok. She was with her family and the music wasn't exactly quiet, I don't know why her parents didn't tell her to stop it. So bloody annoying!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Tiktok.

A few weeks before lockdown I was sat in a restaurant and all I could hear behind me was a clip of a song that kept playing over and over again on a phone. Looked around and it was an approx 12 year old miming some dance moves to this song multiple times and she was on Tiktok. She was with her family and the music wasn't exactly quiet, I don't know why her parents didn't tell her to stop it. So bloody annoying!
Its adults on TikTok that get my goat. Before lockdown I thought any adult on Tik Tok was a bit odd! Perhaps even unsavoury and my kids thought so too!

Reactions: 5
People who sign comments off on newspaper/online articles with their name.
I already know who you are, that's what your username is for. I find it grates even more if they sign it with their real name ~Bob when their username is fluffyparsnip22.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Having a wake up everyday lol, especially during lockdown when every single day feels like Groundhog Day

Reactions: 3
Toothpaste / toothbrush adverts (Oral-B, I'm talking about you)
- Never put toothpaste on the brush
- "I asked my dentist what cleans better, manual or electric?" OBVIOUSLY IT'S ELECTRIC, no need for an OTT smiley omg no way type reveal!
And the worst part of all:
- "I never even knew oral -b made toothbrushes!" They're a tooth company of course they make toothbrushes!!!

Honestly don't think I've ever been so passionately against an advert 😅😵
And the bleeping incredulous laugh when she says she didn’t know they made toothbrushes - no one is that easily shocked/amused

Also “all Oral-B electric toothbrushes are currently half price” when they’re always half price! It doesn’t sound like a good deal, it sounds like they’ve been majorly overpriced in the first place. Who manages to pay full RRP 😂

Reactions: 1
- Stupid spelling mistakes. Even worse when they happen over and over again
- Deluded people (who are usually the worst kind of humans)
- People that think ‘trick or treat’ is ‘trickle treat’
- People that drink with food in their mouth 🤢
- People that say ‘ahh’ after they’ve taken a sip of their drink
- People that do a Facebook post saying happy birthday to their child or someone in heaven when neither of those are going to see the post!!!!
- The hand under the chin pose
- Parents that don’t discipline their children and laugh at them being rude and disrespectful
- People that think everything is a competition
- People that have to suggest you do something different to everything that you’re doing
- Attention seeking posts on Facebook
- People that have to update us on every little thing they do on Facebook - this one infuriates me!!! Just been to the shop, just had a cup of tea, need to tidy up but too tired, just had my dinner, going to bed now....duck OFF!!!!!

Just people in general it looks like 😂

Sorry for my mini rant 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Live laugh love

People who put glittery signs with words next to what they are eg a duck off glittery BATH sign next to a bath...just incase you forget what its called

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Just thought of another one.
When people don’t read the most recent posts of a thread and say the exact same thing that 15 people before them have already said or someone comes on and asks what’s happened...it’s literally right in front of you because it’s been spoken about for the last 5 hours, just read it!!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
- Stupid spelling mistakes. Even worse when they happen over and over again
- Deluded people (who are usually the worst kind of humans)
- People that think ‘trick or treat’ is ‘trickle treat’
- People that drink with food in their mouth 🤢
- People that say ‘ahh’ after they’ve taken a sip of their drink
- People that do a Facebook post saying happy birthday to their child or someone in heaven when neither of those are going to see the post!!!!
- The hand under the chin pose
- Parents that don’t discipline their children and laugh at them being rude and disrespectful
- People that think everything is a competition
- People that have to suggest you do something different to everything that you’re doing
- Attention seeking posts on Facebook
- People that have to update us on every little thing they do on Facebook - this one infuriates me!!! Just been to the shop, just had a cup of tea, need to tidy up but too tired, just had my dinner, going to bed now....duck OFF!!!!!

Just people in general it looks like 😂

Sorry for my mini rant 😂
Especially "Parents that don’t discipline their children and laugh at them being rude and disrespectful"
There is a family on our street and they let their children play out until 10pm some nights. They are loud, constantly screaming and always leave their toys scattered all over the street.
My friend once told some kids to stop riding their bikes over her front lawn, nicely, no swearing just a simple please can you not ride your bike on the grass please love? Ten minutes later neighbour banging on the door accusing her of yelling at the children and swearing at them, she explained what she said and what they were doing and his reply was oh it's just a bit of grass. Ok then, so when that bit of grass gets all fucked up from their bikes I will ask you to pay for some turf as it's just a bit of grass isn't it? They were tue type of parents who cannot see their darling little angels do anything bad.
Lazy bleeping parents.
If had have done the above when I was little then my parents would have gone mad and took me round to apologise to those I may have pissed off.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I've got another one, people who comment negatively on your holiday plans, always amazes me they can't just say 'enjoy' instead of 'oh that doesn't appeal to me in the slightest'

It's alright mate, I wasn't inviting you anyway

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Live laugh love

People who put glittery signs with words next to what they are eg a duck off glittery BATH sign next to a bath...just incase you forget what its called
This!

I HATE wording decor stating what things are and I hate labelling.

When I moved into my current home the kitchen had the word "Kitchen" a foot tall, in raised messy plaster and painted badly in shiney black gloss with smaller words such as "eat", "coffee", "drink" and "wine" surrounding it like a brainstorm. It was painstakingly time consuming to remove. Just why the need to heavily state the obvious?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Referring to a person as "this one" in photos on facebook. Eg. "I'm chilling with this one tonight" and a picture of them and their kid/spouse/best mate. I don't know why but it goes straight through me and it is usually the type who post they have got 128 sleeps to go until it's "get me on that plane" - another facebook saying that goes straight through me.
I detest the "this one" trend too.

One thing that annoys me is people who constantly repost their wedding pictures to social media, without prompting or for any excuse. "This time 6 weeks age" - wedding picture. I'm not sure I've ever posted a single photo of my wedding online.

Another one is people wishing happy mothers and fathers day to parents who aren't on socials.

I've got another one, people who comment negatively on your holiday plans, always amazes me they can't just say 'enjoy' instead of 'oh that doesn't appeal to me in the slightest'

It's alright mate, I wasn't inviting you anyway
Oh god what is with that? I think people like that just feel the need to share their opinion on everything. I have a coworker like this. I was going to Dubai on holiday and she asked where I was going - when I told her she immediately came back with "Oh I've never seen the appeal" and ranted on.

When I got a pet cat she asked to see photos of her and then started going on about how much she doesnt' like cats and is definitely a dog person wtf.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Mine is parents who make “threats” to their kids for their bad behaviour but never follow through.

there’s parents in the house behind me that do this and it drives me mental. One of the kids is so naughty and everyday I hear “pack it in or you’ll go to bed”. This will go on for hours on end. I’m not talking 2 or 3 times I’m talking all day Saturday bbq where the kid plays up constantly. I feel like going round and putting him to bed myself.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.