Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hahahahah same. I hate kids dancing, singing, etc. My niece is a little attention seeker and loves to try and sing or pull stupid faces in my face. I honestly just ignore her, have never met a kid so irritating before. She is 8 and acts like she's 5 because her parents don't correct her. Always think she will grow out of it but she gets worse every time we see her. Even if we video call, she has to be front and centre pulling stupid faces. I actually despise her. On the other hand, her younger brother is lovely and acts more mature 😅😭
I love this 'I actually despise her' You made me really lol there. I totally get this. My sister in law is a wanker and thankfully we avoid each other now but her kids.... yawn. She actually would bowl in and put music to so we specifically could watch her spawn 'dance'. Everyone would stop what they're doing and look. Not the kids fault it's wanker parents

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I love this 'I actually despise her' You made me really lol there. I totally get this. My sister in law is a wanker and thankfully we avoid each other now but her kids.... yawn. She actually would bowl in and put music to so we specifically could watch her spawn 'dance'. Everyone would stop what they're doing and look. Not the kids fault it's wanker parents
I agree. Definitely the parents fault. My SIL feels like her mum made her life hell by being a control freak when she was a child so she rebelled. To be fair, her mum is a raging narc. But now my SIL refuses to correct the kids because of that, so I don't dare to correct them either. I actually think my niece will be a nightmare as a teen as she has never been told no.

Reactions: 2
I hate being asked for help before they have even attempted to help themselves.

At work people ask for help with something that's in the very basic guidance notes. When I ask if they've checked the guidance they say they haven't. Then they read it and the answer suddenly appears before their eyes!

Also my boss once stood in front of the stationery cupboard and said "DanaScully, do we have any A4 paper?". I replied "Yes, it's in the cupboard in front of you... ". Like you're on quadruple my salary and you don't know how to rotate a PDF or find paper in a stationery cupboard?

Boils my piss! 😂

Reactions: 14
I agree. Definitely the parents fault. My SIL feels like her mum made her life hell by being a control freak when she was a child so she rebelled. To be fair, her mum is a raging narc. But now my SIL refuses to correct the kids because of that, so I don't dare to correct them either. I actually think my niece will be a nightmare as a teen as she has never been told no.
I have to say most kids who I have encountered who have been tolerable and pleasant to be around have been raised nicely and properly. crappy people tend to have horrid kids. And those parents who expect the world to stop because their kids are present. Nope!

Reactions: 9
(this is when im at work)

when you're on the phone and want to give them some info so you say 'do you have a pen and paper ready?' and they say yep and then you start reeling off the info and they say 'hold on!!!!' and go and retrieve said pen and paper.

Gets me every time!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
People saying spag bowl not spag Bol or spaghetti bolognese
Or spag Bol with pasta
You seem to have spag bol issues

People who don’t respect your personal space even before social distancing came in.
school proms in the uk. I’m sure they are great but it is just another American ism and cost a lot of money for parents I imagine. I never had one there was no such thing we had school discos if you were lucky you may cop off (is that still a saying??) but no lad would’ve looked at me twice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
When people say “his so cute” it’s bleeping HE’S you illetterate duck. Also “I brought this” drives me up the wall!
Also I work In retail so the vast majority of the public annoy me. Once a girl walked into the shop and said to me “if I come in do I have to buy something” I felt like saying well if you don’t we will beat you within an inch of your life. Morons.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
When people say “his so cute” it’s bleeping HE’S you illetterate duck. Also “I brought this” drives me up the wall!
Also I work In retail so the vast majority of the public annoy me. Once a girl walked into the shop and said to me “if I come in do I have to buy something” I felt like saying well if you don’t we will beat you within an inch of your life. Morons.
Fellow retail worker here! I knew the situation was dire but I didn't realise just HOW thick people actually are until lockdown. We've got barriers up in front of the till but it's those like poles with like a seatbelt sort of thing that hooks on the other pole. The amount of people that go to duck under it even though 1. it's not too metres away and 2. THERES bleeping FOOTPRINTS INDICATING THAT IT'S WHERE YOU'RE MEANT TO STAND. bleeping idiots!! I'm like nooooo stand on the footprints. Follow the arrows and stand on the footprints.
I'm actually shocked at how some people get through their day without accidently killing themselves.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Fellow retail worker here! I knew the situation was dire but I didn't realise just HOW thick people actually are until lockdown. We've got barriers up in front of the till but it's those like poles with like a seatbelt sort of thing that hooks on the other pole. The amount of people that go to duck under it even though 1. it's not too metres away and 2. THERES bleeping FOOTPRINTS INDICATING THAT IT'S WHERE YOU'RE MEANT TO STAND. bleeping idiots!! I'm like nooooo stand on the footprints. Follow the arrows and stand on the footprints.
I'm actually shocked at how some people get through their day without accidently killing themselves.
Omg literally!!! I don’t know what kind of shop you’re in but I’m in a clothes shop and when we do sales it’s like a sess pit has opened up and all the weirdos come out! A man came up to me and said I would of bought more had you smiled at me...I gave him the dirtiest look I could and slammed his receipt in his bag 😇 the general public are utter arseholes

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Hahahah I saw 'holibobs' on an earlier post. Also Crimbo.

People that write 'mine' or 'him ❤' when referring to their other half.

All this tacky Hinch labelling crap like 'shampoo' in the same tacky font. I think regular shampoo bottles state this too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Toothpaste / toothbrush adverts (Oral-B, I'm talking about you)
- Never put toothpaste on the brush
- "I asked my dentist what cleans better, manual or electric?" OBVIOUSLY IT'S ELECTRIC, no need for an OTT smiley omg no way type reveal!
And the worst part of all:
- "I never even knew oral -b made toothbrushes!" They're a tooth company of course they make toothbrushes!!!

Honestly don't think I've ever been so passionately against an advert 😅😵

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Saw a small black plastic bag on my lawn, went to remove it, it's full of dog tit!! Well thanks a bleeping bunch!

• Haha
  • Sad
My husband puts the toilet roll on the ‘wrong’ way round ...... with the paper hanging down the back. I always have to turn it around so that the paper hangs down the front. He’s done this for almost thirty years ... but at least he puts on a new toilet roll! And on a good day, he’ll remove the cardboard tube from the bathroom ...... and not leave it on the window sill, as if it’s trying to be an art installation ........

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I hate it when people open packets the wrong way around, for example cereal boxes or packets of crisps etc. My wife does this and says what's the difference.

Also on a similar vien, when people put pens in pens cups with the nib bit at the bottom.

Also kniifes with the blades sticking up.

Reactions: 4
People hawking unnecessary homemade tat on FB/ Insta...glitter glasses/ bottles/ etc, 'treat boxes'(especially Xmas Eve boxes, since when has this even been a thing?!) , pointless tit for Mother or Father's Day you could make yourself for two bob...gives me the rage!

Sliders and socks
Fluffy sliders
Maybe just ALL sliders :ROFLMAO:
I commented on this girls homemade sparkly jar of tat on Facebook just saying its a bit over priced and you can get everything in Pound land. Everyone jumped down my throat and defended her!! She posted it on a for sale group and I got notified 🤢🤢🤢🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People that write 'mine' or 'him ❤' when referring to their other half.
Another one is “taken *insert date*” in their social media bios.

If you’re under 16 then that is absolutely fine. Between 16-19 there’s some leeway depending on if they’d had relationships before etc.
Over 20... then you need to get a damn life.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I was going to say the 'could of' one but someone else has already posted it.

When people don't check and use 'defiantly ' instead of definitely. That irritates me too.

• Haha
Also people with grey/white Hinch style houses. I have grey and white in my house but in separate rooms and I do have some imagination and have different colours that match the room. I do think some of the houses on insta look nice but they do not look homely at all.

However, I will say that I hate anything glittery in a grey/white home.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.