Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did she mention anything about checking the temperature in the room ever? Being premature they are at slightly higher risk of Sids, the toys/comforters in the cribs is frightening.

Having twins is seriously hard work, but she's trying to make it look easy. I think every man and his dog knows it's hard to navigate motherhood, it's hard doing it solo, with a partner, with one baby, or with two.
She needs to stop trying to portray a perfect life and just show the good bad and the ugly of having twins.
Her experience of twin life is the polar opposite to mine and there's 3 weeks between our girls. I am EXHAUSTED but you know what? I wouldn't change the sleepless nights for a thing. Or just sitting staring at them or snuggling them both as I know it's gone in the blink of an eye.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I actually think she's a bit innocent and not able for independent living, I can see her mother or some family member having to step in and raise those girls

Reactions: 3
Maybe I'm a bit ocd but I'd be afraid they would over heat with those gifted wool blankets

Reactions: 5
I think she wanted a child but like another poster said hasn’t a clue, seems like she’s been enabled all her life. Clearly no maternal instinct or any drive to look into more modern gentler ways of parenting. Her approach is the typical don’t spoil the baby, let them cry etc. maybe she’s taking her mothers advice? But even so, we know better now. Baby needs mom. You cannot spoil a newborn and so on.
this exclusive pumping will be the death of her! I’d probably lose my mind because the precious time I’d have with my baby would be spent hooked to a machine.
I don’t know she just doesn’t sit right with me. She’s very sheltered and doesn’t have a clue about how to actually SAFELY look after new born babies. 😢 way too warm too in a vest,, babygrow, swaddle and blanket! The room is likely 16-19 deg on average!
I wonder if she really was doing it alone would she have gone through with it at all?

Reactions: 6
Those cribs look so dangerous set up like that. If they’re not snug against the bed the sides are meant to be zipped up.
Two things I cannot stand are neglecting car seat safety AND unsafe sleep. They are not parenting choices, they are huge risks and can cause death due to parents laziness or "it'll never happen me" attitude.

I don't understand why she has them in co sleeper cribs if they're not against her bed. It's absolutely not recommended to have them set up the way she does, she should just get a cotbed and put them together that way, especially considering she's not even in the room with them.

I'm honestly Gob smacked tonight with her stories, she's not at all the type of mother I thought she would be.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The judgy I comments I got from some family members because I didn’t stick to the routine of picking baby up for a feed and straight back down for another 4 hours till the next feed. There are definitely people who think that is what you have to do with a newborn. I was told I was spoiling her etc. The rage it used to give me when they’d comment. I would say she is a bit old fashioned like that alright and probably thinks it is the right thing to be doing.

Reactions: 4
The babies are being sat upright for 20 mins after a feed to prevent spewing.
They are grunting and moaning.
Gaviscon at the ready.
The babies have reflux ,like she was advised but she knew better. She can't just come on and say that she was wrong.

Babies have thrush. As advised , Milton can cause thrush. She choosing to ignore that too.

I am horrified that she is basically sleep training 2 newborns. She sees herself as some sort of guru when what she is doing is just cruel. They don't know its bedtime because their memory is only anout 2 days at the age they are . She has no idea of the science behind the reasons why sleep training your 2 weeks corrected newborns is wrong on so many levels.

Lisa , I am aware that you think people on Tattle are trolls, are mean and maybe you think they are jealous. Let me tell you this , there are women here who have been mothers a lot longer than you. You paid so much to have these babies yet you dont seem to want to enjoy them at all. There is plenty of time to get them to sleep and eat large quantities.
By 6 months most babies will be drinking double what they were drinking at 2 months. Bearing in mind your babies are taking 6oz now, how do you think thats going to work?
I've copied the following for you:

How do i know if I am overfeeding my baby:

Overfed babies can have stomach pains, gas, spit up or vomit and be at higher risk for obesity later in life. It's better to offer less, since you can always give more if your baby wants it. This also gives babies time to realize when they're full

Infants who are bottle feeding may be more likely to overfeed, because drinking from a bottle may take less effort than breastfeeding.

You are bottlefeeding so the above applies to you.
I think you are a peadriatric nurse (sorry if I have spelt that wrong ) could you get onto me if you are 🤣🤣🤣

The two next to me cribs shoved together rather than spending her money on a cot is an accident waiting to happen and could so easily have been avoided. Fair Enuf if she wants to save money buying second hand but seems crazy to me to spend all that money in conceiving them and then be scrimping now on proper cots or sterilisers. Again there are so many great sterilisers out there now not even that expensive like the microwave Tommy tippee is 40 euro, Milton tablets must be the cheapest most old fashioned way of them all

I wonder how long it’ll be until she gets those milky pillows that basically hold the bottle up for the baby??
My babies never slept through until well after 12 months but are great sleepers now but sometimes I actually feel guilty cos I think am I doing something wrong that they don’t look for us during the night??! Obviously they might wake the odd night but for the most part once their asleep that’s it!! You can’t win can you with mammy guilt 😂😂

Reactions: 2
I’m not trying to be funny but I’ve an 8 week old kitten I got 3 days ago that I’m literally up with now because he was crying in his basket, I’m giving him cuddles and letting him play for a bit.. il prob be doing the same in 2/3 hours, I won’t ignore him because I’m tired or to lazy. I only wish I had newborn twins to fuss over but I’ve had a hysterectomy so no hope of that.. I just don’t get her atall.. show them sweet babies some affection.. bedtime routine 🤬 over feeding them it’s unreal.. she needs to delete her insta and enjoy them beautiful girls

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m not trying to be funny but I’ve an 8 week old kitten I got 3 days ago that I’m literally up with now because he was crying in his basket, I’m giving him cuddles and letting him play for a bit.. il prob be doing the same in 2/3 hours, I won’t ignore him because I’m tired or to lazy. I only wish I had newborn twins to fuss over but I’ve had a hysterectomy so no hope of that.. I just don’t get her atall.. show them sweet babies some affection.. bedtime routine 🤬 over feeding them it’s unreal.. she needs to delete her insta and enjoy them beautiful girls
Try putting a ticking clock in with the kitten to help him sleep, it helps mimic a heart beat and comforts them after separation from their mother/liter mates.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I wonder had she many messages tonight from people shocked by her behaviour.

I just don't understand it and then she has the audacity to put what she is doing on Instagram with no shame. I honestly can't believe she leaves those tiny babies on their own or this carry on of sleep training. There'll be no advising her anyway. I'd say she knows best.

I wonder had she many messages tonight from people shocked by her behaviour.

I just don't understand it and then she has the audacity to put what she is doing on Instagram with no shame. I honestly can't believe she leaves those tiny babies on their own or this carry on of sleep training. There'll be no advising her anyway. I'd say she knows best.
She's got carried away with herself because of her follower numbers.
I'd say she doesn't get much attention and now thinks she's the hot ticket because nameless, faceless people are watching her navigate motherhood.... people who she doesn't know what their intentions are and she is happy to expose her babies to that!!!!!!!!!
Dear love her but she is as boring as anything and should go away off and enjoy them and give up the quest for celeb life and buy a few cheap outfits instead of holding out for freebies

Reactions: 1
OH MY GOD.... ive never posted on this thread but im shook at her carry on. She needs a good f**king shake... crazy -8 week old babies and that kind of routine .. i just cant 🤦‍♀️and the cribs are so dangerous how she has them.. im embarressed for her and i hope others have the cop on not to be following her methods 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 8
She just said they slept 9 to 5 again..but she is tired and can't Mom today... whatever about one baby how does she have 2 newborns sleeping the exact same times ? My cousin has twins , 1 up 1 down , night or day didn't matter. She said the first year was just a write off.

Reactions: 5
She just said they slept 9 to 5 again..but she is tired and can't Mom today... whatever about one baby how does she have 2 newborns sleeping the exact same times ? My cousin has twins , 1 up 1 down , night or day didn't matter. She said the first year was just a write off.
Cheek of her saying she’s tired. Oh but she’ll be fine after the second sleep. duck right off you lazy privileged cow. At this stage she’s being smug and rubbing it all in. Jesus it’s damaging. I hope people watching her stories aren’t beating themselves up thinking their babies should be like that

Reactions: 2
They have learned not to bother, such a shame she has missed so much already, she doesn't know those babies because they are stuffed with milk and a dummy shoved in and wrapped up and left!

She's definitely reading here and giving a middle finger to us all by talking about second sleep and they'll b down at 8 at 12 weeks 🤔

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.