Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How has her sister who has children not stepped in. Or maybe she's the same and that's what Lisa thinks she needs to do too. It's a disgrace anyway.

Reactions: 3
I don't think they are in a separate room overnight, just while she is watching the tv. She puts them to bed and then stays in the living room for a while

Reactions: 1
I don't think they are in a separate room overnight, just while she is watching the tv. She puts them to bed and then stays in the living room for a while
That's what I think is the set up too.

Meanwhile her insta bestie the naked blondie shared a post about baby sleep this morning. Hopefully Lisa takes heed.

I don't think she is taking the mick I think she is being serious. I think she thinks she's the bees knees.
And in my opinion she is doing a 💩 job of being a Mam.
A really crap job.

They have no toys.
No baby gym.
No light shows.
No cuddles.
No books.
No eye contact from their Mam.
They have feck all stimulation.

I read to my newborns from the beginning. Favourite books the hungry caterpillar and goodnight moon- they loved them.
Baby gyms were out from when we came home, they would gaze at the lights and toys and figure out their hands.

She has me full of rage.
I don't think she follows The Naked Blondie anymore... I'm right in saying they used to be all over one another while pregnant?

That's what I think is the set up too.

I don't think she follows The Naked Blondie anymore... I'm right in saying they used to be all over one another while pregnant?
They were def all over each other but going by her post about sleep maybe not!!

There's just no way a newborn sleeps that long without waking so I say she's lying. Also, how can you leave newborns on their own and not be up at least 50 times checking they're OK. I don't think her mother is helping either by saying it's down to her great work that they're sleeping so well. Mothers often pass on very unhelpful old fashioned advice. If she's living with her it's hard to ignore. My mother and MIL often commented on sleeping through the night. Luckily I don't have to listen as I'm not living with them.

Reactions: 2
There's just no way a newborn sleeps that long without waking so I say she's lying. Also, how can you leave newborns on their own and not be up at least 50 times checking they're OK. I don't think her mother is helping either by saying it's down to her great work that they're sleeping so well. Mothers often pass on very unhelpful old fashioned advice. If she's living with her it's hard to ignore. My mother and MIL often commented on sleeping through the night. Luckily I don't have to listen as I'm not living with them.
She could actually be sleeping through them waking. Strikes me as a deep sleeper. They defo cannot sleep through and if they do, go get them checked. Something isn’t right there

They were def all over each other but going by her post about sleep maybe not!!
They are still in touch, blondie commented on her post from 4 days ago. Tbh I'd say blondie wouldn't agree with her ways but would say nothing.

Being old fashioned isn't an excuse for abandoning newborns. My grandmother is in her 70's and wouldn't be asking about sleeping through the night until they were starting to pull their heads up etc.

It's just cold and lazy. She is lazy about absolutely everything. I think she's the biggest slob I could name from Instagram atm.

And actually my Nans advice was always to and I quote
'Give them a bottleen before bed and get a good rest after it for yourself'

Lisa dare not cut her TV time short 🙄

Reactions: 4
Jezs going back for her second sleep when mine went back I was up catching up on doing bottles the house work etc
I reared 4 and I never was as obcessed with sleep routines as her.
I'd love to go through the phone and kiss and cuddle those babys

They'll be having their 8 week immunisations soon won't they? She's in for a shock because they'll want and need comforting and there sure as hell is a high chance it'll mess up her little army routine

She's had no babies to see too between 9-5, every other mother would be full of energy from that, especially a twin mum. She wants to try 3-4hourly feeds.

Shes pulling their bedtime back to 8pm once they turn 8 weeks? For duck sake
I couldn’t believe it when she said about pulling back their bedtime?!!!! She’s training them like dogs! It’s so sad.

She mentions in an early post about being on antidepressants, maybe they are contributing to the lack of emotion we see.

I had my baby the same way she did and let me tell you I kiss and cuddle them any chance I get. I'm unfollowing her and this thread as honestly it breaks my heart to see the overfeeding and lack of affection etc

Lisa if you are reading this, have a chat with your gp or the phn about how it's going. The early days are really really tough and no shame in admitting that but people put forward a different reality on social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm a mom over 20 years and I don't think I know anyone who's baby goes down at 8pm 😳

Usually a dream feed is needed at 11/12 to try get to 6am.

8 to 5)6 seems way too long for a small baby.

They are not learning it is bedtime, they are learning that if they cry in the dark , they will be ignored apart from a dummy stuck in their mouths.

Reactions: 6
I think you are a peadriatric nurse (sorry if I have spelt that wrong ) could you get onto me if you are 🤣🤣🤣
Hi, not a paediatric nure but work closely with newborns. I tried to send you dM but couldnt

Looks like Lisa is definitely reading here. She has loads of “kisses and cuddles” on her story just now.

Any staring into their eyes today will never make up for that tit show last night. I'd say she is either reading here or got some backlash in the messages.

They are not learning it is bedtime, they are learning that if they cry in the dark , they will be ignored apart from a dummy stuck in their mouths.
Exactly this!

Isn’t that just heartbreaking. The little size of them, no words of reassurance, god forbid they might think it’s daytime if they hear their mums soothing voice, just shove a dummy in & leave. I’ve never heard anything like it

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.