Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those cribs look so dangerous set up like that. If they’re not snug against the bed the sides are meant to be zipped up.
Yeah that’s definitely not safe, there has been a case of a tiny baby getting their head over the edge when the zip was down and was too young to lift his head back up and he died. Seeing those cribs gave me an anxious feeling in my stomach. I hope she changes that.

Reactions: 3
Long time lurker and I’m actually crying tonight. Those stories made me so sad. I don’t do routine here till at least 14-16 weeks, they aren’t allowed sleep on their own without me till 9-12 months depending I still have a 17 month old here with me . Those babies need hugs attention they need kisses they need the nights of watching crap tv beside Mammy while asleep let it be on their chests or what. She does not deserve to be a mother and I don’t care what anyone says but she is an absolute disgrace. She had those babies because she thought it as fame or something but no she doesn’t want to be their mother

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She doesn't seem happy at all I hate to say

This is shocking isn't it. How could she not want to hold them and smell their little heads all the time. They are only small for a very short time
I agree. The eye roll earlier and sigh when the baby was so full of wind while Lisa was force feeding her the bottle. Suit her better to put the phone down and spend 20 minutes cuddling her children. She has such an old fashioned view of motherhood. Anyone would think she had older kids that she needed the babies in a strict routine. I'd love to go back to this time with my kids, such a special time and especially the night feeds, they were hard with colicky refluxy babies but my god were they special times just us when the rest of the house was asleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm just thrown in my twopence here ,but I find her ways /routine whatever she likes to call it all very childlike and immature , I'd say she was abit moddy cuddled herself at home , and probably still is. Iv 3 kids myself and my youngest is 10mnths . .no way could I enforce a routine he is such a light sleeper and 4 or 5 hours a night does him and I have to go with it , if I had to put the pressure on myself of such a regimit regime as herself I don't think I'd cope. Albeit I don't have the luxury of my parents help and I'm actually a single mom with a house to run and other kids. I wish her the best but I really hope she knows how lucky she is . I honestly do . As its a hard slog with no help .

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I wonder is this routine lark all connected to trying to manage her MH.....could it be ?? A friend of mine suffered with PND and got pregnant again when her baby was only 6 months old (not planned) and she was encouraged to BF....actual BF now not milking parlour....and it's meant to help with your MH and the same girl is flying it considering she was a new born and a toddler. Even if she bottle formula fed and put each of them on the boob even once a day.

Reactions: 1
She did her self no favors posting that bedtime routine 🤯
I cant believe the lack of affection and the military routine that are only tiny newborns 🥲
So sad to see her leave them in the bedroom on their own and close the door 😱 my heart
She looks like a deer in headlights
Even the bottle cleaning is lazy I don’t think bottles clean the same in cold water and Milton as well as a sterilizer
No wonder they had thrush with a Milton tablet every night cleaning the bottles

Reactions: 2
I could actually cry?? Does anyone else feel very strongly that it’s just cruel? Like you’re neglecting your babies needs to suit yourself. Every ounce of me wants to Reach into the phone and pick them up and cuddle them like a normal person. Maybe that’s my maternal instinct. When mine were newborns I used to just hold them and chat and they’d stare back at me. It was magic you are their whole wide world. Ugh. She makes me sick.
I can’t wrap my head around it all. My eldest is 10 & I still hop in to bed beside him for a cuddle most nights. I thought it was normal to want to be close to your kids & make sure they feel safe & loved falling asleep, maybe not everyone parents in the same way. I found tonight’s stories a bit upsetting, I was watching them in a dark corner in my toddlers room while she fell asleep, I was sitting in the rocking chair thinking I’d love to be cuddling those babies.

She did her self no favors posting that bedtime routine 🤯
I cant believe the lack of affection and the military routine that are only tiny newborns 🥲
So sad to see her leave them in the bedroom on their own and close the door 😱 my heart
She looks like a deer in headlights
Even the bottle cleaning is lazy I don’t think bottles clean the same in cold water and Milton as well as a sterilizer
No wonder they had thrush with a Milton tablet every night cleaning the bottles
Cole water sterilising is actually fab if you have your dilutions correct but she's using milk buster so she's obviously lazy about cleaning bottles. We never needed that. She must be leaving the bottles for ages if they are staining.

I don't know maybe she is getting PND but I feel like she's more throwing the toys out of the pram because she read here.

Again back to the fact that the clinic should never have implanted two embryos for a first time, single woman of questionable physical health.

Reactions: 10
Yeah that’s definitely not safe, there has been a case of a tiny baby getting their head over the edge when the zip was down and was too young to lift his head back up and he died. Seeing those cribs gave me an anxious feeling in my stomach. I hope she changes that.
That’s exactly the case I was thinking of when I posted it. The set up she has is so so dangerous.

I could cry reading that. She is a lazy witch, i hope she reads here and reads some studies about baby synapses. Get off your phone, begging for free shite and nuture your babies before they end up as emotionless as you

• Sad
Reactions: 7
The lack of safe sleep guidelines being followed for such tiny babies makes me feel sick.

Those babies should be in moses baskets in the living room until she is ready to go to bed then transferred to a next to me crib that is correctly positioned and attached to the bed. No comforters either! (i really really hope she removed the comforter when they fell asleep before she left the room but my instinct is that she didn’t!).

Then when she said that one woke 3 times in 30 mins and she just put the dummy back in and walked out with no interaction, no reassuring cuddle, no eye contact, no whipered ‘Mummys here’ or ANYTHING! Breaks my heart for that little one

The babies are being sat upright for 20 mins after a feed to prevent spewing.
They are grunting and moaning.
Gaviscon at the ready.
The babies have reflux ,like she was advised but she knew better. She can't just come on and say that she was wrong.

Babies have thrush. As advised , Milton can cause thrush. She choosing to ignore that too.

I am horrified that she is basically sleep training 2 newborns. She sees herself as some sort of guru when what she is doing is just cruel. They don't know its bedtime because their memory is only anout 2 days at the age they are . She has no idea of the science behind the reasons why sleep training your 2 weeks corrected newborns is wrong on so many levels.

Lisa , I am aware that you think people on Tattle are trolls, are mean and maybe you think they are jealous. Let me tell you this , there are women here who have been mothers a lot longer than you. You paid so much to have these babies yet you dont seem to want to enjoy them at all. There is plenty of time to get them to sleep and eat large quantities.
By 6 months most babies will be drinking double what they were drinking at 2 months. Bearing in mind your babies are taking 6oz now, how do you think thats going to work?
I've copied the following for you:

How do i know if I am overfeeding my baby:

Overfed babies can have stomach pains, gas, spit up or vomit and be at higher risk for obesity later in life. It's better to offer less, since you can always give more if your baby wants it. This also gives babies time to realize when they're full

Infants who are bottle feeding may be more likely to overfeed, because drinking from a bottle may take less effort than breastfeeding.

You are bottlefeeding so the above applies to you.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Read some of this thread before I even looked at her page. I'm in a relationship now but would definitely have gone down the having kids solo route myself, hence why the thread attracted my attention.

I'm actually in the process of losing weight before we start trying for a baby next year. Just looked at her page there and I am in disbelief that she's over a year younger than me (yes I feel ancient to only be starting TTC but didn't meet partner till I was 30). I am also looking at her and (in no way fat shaming or judging as I am overweight myself but not as heavy) and so surprised she was implanted. I just assumed you'd have to be relatively healthy weight at the lower end of the spectrum to be taken on for fertility intervention.

Worst of all......her babies are so tiny and gorgeous and she went through all that to have them ....and she's not glued to their cots absorbing it all? I know I will be if we are lucky enough to have a baby. Very weird and kind of disturbing to me. And not in her room with her at 7 weeks?! I couldn't sleep myself with that set up, I would be paranoid. Seems insanely unsafe!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
That cot situation is an accident waiting to happen. They don't care if they're close together. 6oz is ridiculous amount for their little tummies. Oh god I'd wish she'd just pick up Ayda and give her snuggles.

The lack of safe sleep guidelines being followed for such tiny babies makes me feel sick.

Those babies should be in moses baskets in the living room until she is ready to go to bed then transferred to a next to me crib that is correctly positioned and attached to the bed. No comforters either! (i really really hope she removed the comforter when they fell asleep before she left the room but my instinct is that she didn’t!).

Then when she said that one woke 3 times in 30 mins and she just put the dummy back in and walked out with no interaction, no reassuring cuddle, no eye contact, no whipered ‘Mummys here’ or ANYTHING! Breaks my heart for that little one
She's teaching them to put up and shut up because mummy needs more time to slob

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.