Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ametrine

VIP Member
I've ordered the Sorcery eyeshadow palette, which will be my first item from Lisa Eldridge. I'm also not allowed to open it until Christmas, but I can't wait!
Adding an update to this - I love my palette! The eyeshadows are extremely good quality, and the colours are unusual. It's not an everyday palette though, due to how glittery three of the shadows are, and I need to use other eyeshadows I own to get the best out of it.

But I'm really happy with my purchase, and I will probably buy some of her eyeshadow singles in the future.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5

francesthemute

Chatty Member
An under eye concealer would make me very happy too. If you do go on and purchase the Chanel one I’ll be very keen to hear your thoughts.

Years ago, I was influenced by Pixiwoo, as they were then, to buy the Sisley concealer. I think it was about £65 and I sweated as I paid for it. But it was very good. Now it’s £89 and I just cannot pay that.

I was tempted by (another) new lipstick recently though, but after a dig around my make up bag I rediscovered how much I love Velvet Beauty so have made that my current colour. Is this what they call shopping your wardrobe?!
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I have the liquid highlighter and the new balm
They are very similar. If you have one you probably don't need the other.

Crystal nebula top, butterfly light bottom. You have no idea how many takes it took to try to get these to show up correctly (or at all) in my current lighting!
 

Attachments

  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

GalofHal

VIP Member
I think it's the total price before discount. I'm sure I got one of the bags when a 20% discount took me just below the threshold
This is my recollection too.

I once forgot to use my points, emailed customer service after confirming my order and they very sweetly applied the discount and reimbursed me.

Lisa's customer service is absolutely the best.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
Your luck is in, @50sGirl

There's an event in Covent Garden too on 13th September for Emeralds only.

I'm excited!!!!
I got the invitation to that but there were dire warnings about how many people they expected to turn up.

I went to the launch of, I think it was the concealer pencils (which I now think aren't all that - quite hard to blend) and spent over an hour in the queue in the pouring rain. Then some woman swanned in, with a tweenager child in tow, and asked us at the front of the queue if we would let her in. Several of us said, Er Nope, but one woman right at the front did let her in and we were all furious - she made a beeline for the makeup chair and spent ages there.

So I'm not sure about this event. Also, if the concealer is brightening, I wonder whether it will have light reflecting particles like Touche Eclat. Touche Eclat gave me really bad under eye eczema so I've been wary ever since.
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: 5
The outline of the top lip looks darker for me.

Oh Lisa, you're such a tease!
Yeah looks like it's being applied with a lip brush.... 🤔

This has me stumped. I'm stupidly proud of my guess for rouge experience "Lisa loves a lipstick case" but no idea now!

And when we guessed the lip and cheek tint being like the merit domes I did say i wouldn't be in a hurry to buy them as I have 5 of the merit ones, and I now have four of Lisa's as well so I'm perhaps not the person to comment 😂
 
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

Missmopps

VIP Member
I will do. I’m hoping they won’t end up in my concealer graveyard! 🙁 I currently have 14 concealers/correctors. 😬
I only use 1 concealer (Lancome) and 1 corrector (Charlotte Tilbury) if I’m going out.
The others I’m trying to use up when I’m not doing anything special so it doesn’t matter so much if they crease or don’t cover fully.
I wonder if Lisa worked on the Lancôme concealer..? 👀) I see jones Road have just brought out a correcting/concealing system at the same time. I remember back in the early noughties using the Bobbi Brown peachy corrector and undereye concealer but these needed good blending and setting with powder in order not to crease.

I’ve downloaded the video and going to watch it now on my train journey. Heaven help me I do NOT need another makeup brush in my lifetime but Lisa is so good at selling her products as she is such a perfectionist and I trust her integrity.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5

Sideeye70

Member
Did anyone here see Lisa’s masterclass yesterday? Such an interesting one, I love these. She mentioned/used forthcoming products that sound/look amazing: a brow gel (that also works on flyaways); a new concealer (that she used under her eyes); a more dramatic mascara (I think she said next year for that). She also used the long-awaited brow pencil and it sounded like we’ll get that soon. I had a few interruptions so there might have been other things ........
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I love how we are all different. Rose Madder was the only one I wasnt tempted by. I think possibly because I recently bought Rare Beauty's Hope in both the liquid and bouncy and I think the colour is very similar. Obviously I reserve the right to buy it (mainly because I think it'll be the most popular one and sell out quickly)
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

Missmopps

VIP Member
I hope she brings back the pink soap colour. It’s the perfect shade for me. She went to so much effort to create beautiful shades for the original blush and I loved the texture, I hope it’s the same formula just in a different packaging
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5

zcfthc5

VIP Member
I don’t understand the fugly olive packaging. I went to the Marilyn event and the olive stripe tote bag was so ugly I didn’t take it home. Would rather have a bag with the cool chickens on from the chicken book she references sometimes.

all I want is the conclealor bottle design to be at a slight angle like the foundation so that less is trapped around the lid
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
I saw Lisa debuting the kit yesterday on IG and got all fired up. But yes, the other non- Lisa stuff in the bag is very much "the usual suspects" literally nothing I would use. Even of the Lisa products, I don't want the Velatura as it's not matte (would just look greasy on me) and I need a brow gel to have some colour so I managed to talk sense into myself. I do really love the print on the bag though, gorgeous colours.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5

francesthemute

Chatty Member
Well, there we go... I am not a fan of the packaging but I wasn't with the party/Christmas stuff either. I've ordered the highlighter, the velveteen liquid, and the rouge experience in Amagansett. I do not have much willpower in this heat.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Just watching Lisa's new video with Alexa Chung. They are clearly friends, she is so animated with her. She used an under eye concealer and when Alexa asked what colour she was in that, Lisa said it wasn't released yet so can't talk about it. 😱
 
  • Wow
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 5