Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
I wasn’t going to buy but she did a video tutorial and now I like 3 of the 5 colours! 😬
Sadly no free gift with purchase so I may just buy one to see what it’s like plus a Liquid Lurex to get free shipping.

Lisa said it is not a replacement for her previous blushes. She said they will be in her future releases.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

50sGirl

VIP Member
I know this is a rave thread but I’m not a fan of the Marilyn Monroe centenary collection. It just feels a bit tacky.

On a happier note, I’ve finding bought Seamless Skin. I made myself use up another foundation first.
I don't think it’s been as popular as she expected.
The only item that’s sold out is the limited edition boxed set. Everything else is still available .
Imho the fancy outside boxes are pointless because, not being a collector, they are just thrown away.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

Busybea

Active member
Ive been in to selfridges hoping to buy in person, but the assistant said they're not stocking until the 9th of April. She did however have testers to show me and applied the ones I liked, they are a lovely consistency, give a gorgeous glowy finish and look lovely on the lips. Will be ordering!
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

50sGirl

VIP Member
Well I did the shade quiz and I’m 4 and 5. I thought I’d be lighter than a 4 but I forget that Lisa has such a shade range that I’m rarely the lightest with her.
I *may* go for the brush because it looks so good and my current concealer brush is from BK Beauty and isn’t as dense as Lisa’s.
Lisa is such a good saleswoman! 😆
My only disappointment is that I don’t feel she had any models with really noticeable dark circles. They all just had light discolouration so I’m hoping I won’t be disappointed with the coverage.
I have to try it though because I’ve been in search of my Holy Grail concealer for years. 🤞
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Yes please.
If it makes you feel any better, I was one of those people who ordered the day after and my order hasn’t been dispatched yet.
Which delivery company does she use please? I’m out 2 days next week so I was hoping it would’ve been sent on Friday to arrive on Monday but that’s not happened,
That doesn't make me feel better because we are proper customers and the infleuncers spend far less than we do and their orders arriver earlier than ours! 😡 hope yours arrives tomorrow

Mine was delivered via Evri, who are normally pretty good.

Once my pizza has arrived and I've scoffed it I'll compare Lisa's new releases to Merit and Rare Beauty blushes. I'm not sure what others I've got that are popular.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

Valentina

Active member
IMG_5291.jpeg

Left is T3 centre is concealer, right is T4.
Pinpoint is 2(I think) at top and 3 on bottom. Hope this helps.
It's not blended out.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

Libertine1975

VIP Member
Went to Selfridges the other day and was matched for the skin tint. Lisa (new to the counter) was lovely has been waiting three years for a position to open with Lisa. Becca is lovely as well, met her before at a pop up.

Loved the skin tint but haven't worn it properly out yet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

Ponponpon

VIP Member
I went along to the Covent Gardent pop-up yesterday. It took me a while wandering round to find it - unlike previous pop-ups it wasn't in one of the buildings, but a little marquee set up on the cobbles in the open air near the shouty Punch & Judy. It was raining, and there was also some very amplified music, close by so it wasn't the most comfortable experience and I really felt for the makeup artists who had to work in those conditions.

Because I was "on the list" having booked my Emerald appointment, I was seen as soon as an MUA was free and the chap was lovely. He recommended 3 with Corrector 5 (which made a very big difference) or possibly Hybrid 1 if I wanted extra brightening. And he gave me a free lipstick, which was a nice surprise - of a selection of 4 of the Velvets, he chose Blush Lightly for me which is one of my favourites - I was chuffed because the one I already own broke after a while and I have to delve into it with a brush. Also gave me a little sample of Tint 1.5 to see if I got on better with it in that shade.

The new #4 brush he used on me felt gorgeous, and buffed beautifully. But I have so many brushes collected over decades ... When I cleansed my face over 8 hours later following an afternoon tromping round London and a demanding choir practice/service, it had held up pretty well with only minor creasing that probably wouldn't be visible without my 10x magnifiying mirror. No immediate reaction irritation, I discussed it with the guy and we hoped that formulas had got more sophisticated since the introduction of Touche Eclat (back in 1992! which makes me feel immeasurably old) unfortunately he wasn't able to decant a sample for me to try over a few days.

I'm still not sure whether I'll buy when they go online. I wear glasses and tbh don't ever bother with undereye concealing, handily the lower edge of the frames hides the dark ring! Luminist could be used for more general concealing (although the MUA said it's not really ideal for cystic acne type spots).
This is a really detailed review ahead of the launch this week. It's good to know it's not suitable for spot coverage, but that's to be expected if luminous I guess, but I was hoping for a matte finish.

Thank you, I appreciate it!
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

Ponponpon

VIP Member
Sometimes the email to emeralds has had the yotube video embedded in it so you aren't buying blind. The velatura or whatever they are called balms had the video so you could see begore you buy. I don't think I've received an email though and I've bought it already so 🤷 😅
That's interesting - thank you. I never noticed. That says far more than me than anything else. 🤣

Anyhow, I've just checked the email and it's here: @Missmopps - you asked.
 
  • Heart
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 6

50sGirl

VIP Member
Well mine have been delivered.
I could only have a v quick application because I needed to get to the train station but first impressions are very good.
The shades are spot on.
The corrector is way less pink/orange than the others that I own and I could easily wear it alone whereas with the other brands I definitely need a lighter concealer on top.
i like the brush too and I’m glad I went for that because I don’t have one like it.
If anyone wants me to do any swatches against my other concealers/concealers let me know and I’ll try to do it tomorrow.

There are 2 or 3 videos up on youYouTube now. I watched Han Beauty’s last night and I was reassured because she bought shade 4 and 5 too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

Ponponpon

VIP Member
Can someone please stop my Apple Pay? 😳

Thank you for sharing this; I didn't follow that account, but do now.

I was so excited, but it seems to be luminous which her foundation isn't. It makes me slightly nervous but I'll end up buying it anyway.

I hope there's a cheat sheet for "if you wear foundation X, you'll be shade X in the foundation" as they did for the concealer pencils.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

JulesWake

VIP Member
Also wonder why Lisa has yet to add navy to her eye pencils. I purchase VB's navy which is quite nice, yet the price is a bit much. Guilty of buying so much of Lisa's products, many of which I hardly use. Yet I continue to buy things I really don't need. She's that incredible influencing imo.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

zcfthc5

VIP Member
Lil underwhelmed by the colours, a gorgeous ‘not pink cheeks but healthy nude-y’ or a really cool toned blush that doesn’t look like its doll like blush woulda been nice
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5

50sGirl

VIP Member
I’ve said this before but I was determined not to waste the pink soap blush and kept on using it from the tube until it was too leaky. I had an old Bobbi brown pot rouge (powder pink, great colour) that I had finished so I washed and sanitised the pan and compact and decanted all of the LE into that. It still going strong in pan form. I don’t know why it’s taken so long to repackage. I know Lisa is a perfectionist and I imagine the new packaging is more premium than the previous white plastic tube.

I also said on here I’d seen an old magazine from July 2025 with a preview of her new blushes which looked like the lip gloss packaging and a shade called “meeting the ex” which suggests that Lisa won’t be bringing back her original colour line up.
Oh I hope she doesn’t go down the corny names route.

The eybrow pencil still hasn’t materialised.

Other than her lipsticks, I’ve not been too impressed with her packaging. The gold lettering has completely wiped off of both my SkinTint and my corrector pencil. They are both completely white now.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5

francesthemute

Chatty Member
😲

Consider me impressed!

I’m a 7 in the foundation and 6.5 in the skin tint - I actually picked shade 5 which is peachy and a corrector. I thought I might need a 6 to go with it but l it is great on its own. Not as peachy on the skin as it looks online. With a bit of a slapdash application my dark circles are barely there. I keep looking at myself in the mirror 🤣 people won’t know me! Who is this youthful, bright-eyed creature, they’ll think?

I like the olive lid 🤷‍♀️ means I won’t mistake it for anything else when grabbing it out of my makeup bag.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

50sGirl

VIP Member
Here is what the bag contains. Ignore price as my search defaults to euros. Thanks for the heads-up @50sGirl

Thanks for that.
i’ve done a screenshot of the contents below.
As I suspected, Rose Madder blush.
I won’t be buying because, as @Ccc8 said, it’s all the usual “beauty box” fillers.

IMG_5127.jpeg
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Velatura doesnt dry, but it's not sticky either unless you really build it up. Even then I just lightly powder it and haven't noticed it becoming sticky again
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5