Lily Pebbles #7 Mole Crusader, Hygiene Evader, MUA Traitor, Ghost Impersonator

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oooh that's interesting. I'm doing a gallery wall in my lounge. Any top tips?
I’m not an expert on this, but if you Google “how to hang art” there are plenty of helpful articles. For a gallery wall, aim to have the “middle” of all the art pieces you are putting up 57 inches above the floor. Most people hang their art too high — it’s a very common mistake and a major pet peeve of mine, so I always notice! If you are taller than average height, it may seem low at first, but trust me, it looks so much better at this height, and most of the time you are admiring the art in your home while sitting down anyway, so all the more reason to use a measuring tape rather than just “follow your instincts”.

This is fantastic insight. Thank you!

Have you considered a career as an influencer?
Hahaha! No, as I mentioned above, art that is hung up too high just happens to be a major pet peeve of mine, so I tend to notice! I’m not a consumerist so I would probably make a terrible influencer. 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m not an expert on this, but if you Google “how to hang art” there are plenty of helpful articles. For a gallery wall, aim to have the “middle” of all the art pieces you are putting up 57 inches above the floor. Most people hang their art too high — it’s a very common mistake and a major pet peeve of mine, so I always notice! If you are taller than average height, it may seem low at first, but trust me, it looks so much better at this height, and most of the time you are admiring the art in your home while sitting down anyway, so all the more reason to use a measuring tape rather than just “follow your instincts”.

Hahaha! No, as I mentioned above, art that is hung up too high just happens to be a major pet peeve of mine, so I tend to notice! I’m not a consumerist so I would probably make a terrible influencer. 🤣
Sorry if I offended anyone, those basic witch art that Lily and all influencers have look like I can simply do it with a marker - just with a few line.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Just need to put my two cents in here. I did swing dancing for years and Charleston is literally the most high energy dance I ever did. One song can take it right out of you! Imagine having to practice for HOURS.

Reactions: 6
Sorry if I offended anyone, those basic witch art that Lily and all influencers have look like I can simply do it with a marker - just with a few line.
No offense taken. I agree that all the art she has is pretty bad, too. I don’t judge art by whether or not I would be able to replicate it. Sometimes, simple, modern abstract art can be beautiful and if it’s original and from a reputable artist I’m willing to pay for it. Her art though is mostly just cheap and basic. Partly it’s because she’s probably not willing to spend enough. On the other hand, she doesn’t seem to be so well-versed when it comes to art either. It’s not always about the price tag.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
No offense taken. I agree that all the art she has is pretty bad, too. I don’t judge art by whether or not I would be able to replicate it. Sometimes, simple, modern abstract art can be beautiful and if it’s original and from a reputable artist I’m willing to pay for it. Her art though is mostly just cheap and basic. Partly it’s because she’s probably not willing to spend enough. On the other hand, she doesn’t seem to be so well-versed when it comes to art either. It’s not always about the price tag.
I totally agreed with what you say, Lily Pebbles goes on to Desenio or any website that sells mass-produced artwork, and to me, that is the problem with many of the influencers' gallery wall, they all liked the same thing. She wouldn't spend more than 50 for an original art even though it is to support some local artist.

Reactions: 11
Just need to put my two cents in here. I did swing dancing for years and Charleston is literally the most high energy dance I ever did. One song can take it right out of you! Imagine having to practice for HOURS.
I’ve never done Charleston, but really her saying she’d be good at it made me laugh. In the competition ballroom dancing I did I guess Jive comes closest to it (in terms if being quick, energetic and precise), and there’s absolutely no way Lazy Lily would come close to pulling off energetic, pointed quick movements in any way whatsoever. There’s a reason it takes years and years of effort to nail that! Just shows that she’s got no idea, she’s probably never had the stamina to put effort into anything long-term.

Reactions: 3
I've just thought, she's kind of the most un-Lilyish Lily ever, right?

What name do you think would suit her?

Lauren? Holly? Louise? (these were the first three that came to mind)

Reactions: 3
begging people to engage with her content... surely a sign that she needs to call it a day

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Excuse me but what is this attitude? It feels like she’s berating her followers for not liking the video. Maybe they just didn’t like it Lily? I don’t think that’s even crossed her mind! I always laugh when influencers say they don’t care about likes when their entire job depends on them, so they clearly do care. I lolled at “I worked hard on this video” - she literally just walked around her house and slapped some cream on... give me a bleeping break!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Nothing makes me less likely to like a video than someone begging for likes. I don’t mind reposting on stories for people who missed it, but if I’ve seen it and not liked it I don’t want to be guilted into it. It was a boring video just like the rest of her boring content.

Reactions: 40
Excuse me but what is this attitude? It feels like she’s berating her followers for not liking the video. Maybe they just didn’t like it Lily? I don’t think that’s even crossed her mind! I always laugh when influencers say they don’t care about likes when their entire job depends on them, so they clearly do care. I lolled at “I worked hard on this video” - she literally just walked around her house and slapped some cream on... give me a bleeping break!
what is this corpse filter she’s using?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I looked and she had 1000 likes on that video, out of 432,000 followers. I bet she’s worried about her poor engagement and the brand not working with her again, or other brands not working with her.

Reactions: 18
Agreed! I don't know what she thinks she worked so hard on, half of the video was blurry and she couldn't be arsed to wipe the muck off the mirrors she was filming in beforehand.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
I came here as soon as I saw Lily's story about likes, desperate times much Lily? Asking your followers to like an ad so that you can hit your advertiser's KPI isn't cool and if I was the brand would be quite annoyed. It's forced engagement and not an accurate assessment of the success of the ad because people liking it probably have ZERO intention of interacting with the brand.

Reactions: 22
Oohhh poor Lily worked hard on that video you guys, and brands do look at likes....... sigh.
Your work is half-arsed and crap, Lily, ever considered that?

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.