Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
The problem with influencers like Lily not speaking on issues like this is they’re perfectly happy to use feminism to promote themselves and further their brands (Lily wrote a whole-ass book about ~female friendship~ let’s not forget), but when it comes to actual issues that could have a real affect on them and their followers, they are silent for fear of ‘being controversial’. Celebrating International Women’s Day but staying silent on the overturning of our reproductive rights? Nah. They deserve calling out.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

LottieRouge12

I know we’ve moved on but I can’t stop thinking about how she celebrates herself on her daughter’s birthday. At that age birthdays are so fun for kids. What’s wrong with letting them be the center of attention?? It’s a celebration of their birth…. Is her own birthday and Mother’s Day not enough recognition for lily?? As a parent, how can she even think about stealing even a little of the spotlight from griege much less inserting herself into the birthday song, getting her own cake (based on the fact she showed two cakes I’m assuming one was for her) and probably demanding gifts?? If she behaves like this on her kids birthdays what sort of narcissistic shit does she do on the regular? I think her selfishness and greed is also evident in the way she did not tag her sisters HOME RENO account when she’s showing off her recent HOME RENO. This was not an oversight. She’s a dick and I can’t imagine how the people in her life put up with her. The death of her career as a socially acceptable grifter could not come fast enough for me.
I started the tradition a few years ago (well into adulthood) to gift my mum flowers on my birthday b/c she gave birth to me. I chose to do that b/c I know how tough labour was for her and its literally b/c of her that I'm here - I didn't ask to be born its true but I chose to do this. My mum has never once asked for any of this or acknowledge it nor do I make a big show of it, I just buy her flowers that I hand to her with a kiss on the cheek and that's it. I don't sing to her, I don't make a fuss nor does she.

This is in part why i dislike Lily more than I do Anna. In fairness each of their content is neutral shit and there is no winning whatsoever but Lily as a person is so awful she can't even remotely hide it. Anna might be faux nice but I have yet to see an instance where Anna is as entitled/nasty on social media or any of her content to her own family compared to Lily. Lily boasts about making Grey sing happy birthday both to Lily and herself and plays it publicly to her audience but has an issue with showing Grey's face b/c of "privacy". Lily treats Rich like shit and Rich refuses unless literally harassed to be part of any of her content anymore.

Lily has a sister who is clearly trying to be an influencer and instead of trying to promote her channel, when her sister has promoted Lily god knows how many times is an incredibly shit thing to do.

I have a feeling the reason Lily doesn't is b/c she wants to monetise on her sister's house . Watch it will be a good chunk of a vlog giving an "informal tour" of her sister's house where she won't share the proceeds of the profits she makes from the content nor share her sister's info.

Don't get me wrong, Anna is no saint (far from it and she's a shit person also), in fact no influencer is b/c seriously you have to have some degree of narcissism/arrogance to be an influencer in the first place but Lily is such a shit person she can't hide or fake it.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

oregano

Her behind the scenes “content” really rubs me the wrong way. The way these OG influencers cultivated an audience through years of friendly sit down chats, approachable makeup tutorials and casual recommendations only to pivot to full on sales and nothing but “ad breaks” is bad enough. Somehow I find it almost insulting whenever she reveals her process like she is expecting accolades for her creativity when really she is just strategizing about the best way to take money from her followers. Her job is not about creativity or entertainment. Maybe it once was, but now she is in sales. Just make the ad, which we all know will be a shit knock off of an already overdone idea, collect your payment and move on.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I agree with all your comments and I've been thinking a lot about her taking over Grey's birthday too. My little girl isn't yet 3 so we've only had two birthdays so far, I'm no expert, but I can't even imagine making it about me at all! And I find the whole celebrating the mum thing a bit weird, our kids didn't ask to be born, they don't owe us anything, birthdays should be all about celebrating them!

All me and my husband do is have a glass of something and a quiet moment together in the evening to reflect on another year of our daughter.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

OrangeDuvet

VIP Member
IMG_20220613_162907.jpg

No consistency across those captions whatsoever. Are you going to write everything in small caps? Or are you going for capital letter just at the beginning of the sentece? Or capital letter for begining of each word but abandon the idea at the end?? LMAO

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44

Sounimpressed

Chatty Member
I feel so sad for Lily and her difficult life. It must be so hard having a good income and the pressure of choosing pretty plants for her London garden. She's such a trooper.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

Spiesandliea

VIP Member
0CF41102-5AD0-4ECB-A2A7-25DF5947A3B4.jpeg

sorry if this has already been discussed, but the state of this!! Dry old grubby hands and the polish isn’t finished properly at the tips!

• Sick
  • Haha

call.me.coco

Chatty Member
Not everyone is free on weekdays.They may have commitments at home, who knows? 🤷🏻‍♀️

We don’t all have a husband to dump the kids/chores on.

I don’t think these ‘friends’ appreciate being blasted online. Look at her smug face! She’s such a prick!

palmer

Chatty Member
Why does she say 'with' and not 'with us'? She always does this.
Someone should respond to her story and say "I hate 'come with' instead of 'come with us' almost as much as I hate 'nothing-y'. Sorry. Can we all just speak normally? Thanks."
💅

1641742878711.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

Readinginks

VIP Member
Lily often comes across so unnatural at life, like an alien trying to pass as human. From the way she handles food and plays around the house setting up furniture it’s like she’s constantly trying to mimic normal human behaviour. I know each to their own, she seems happy with the loft and must have her reasons for placing those lights that way, but they seem so misplaced to my eye.

• Haha

jazzmonster

Chatty Member
49114405-E648-41CF-BA0B-982AA2CED357.png
Such a hidden gem. Only visible with a huge sign to the thousands and thousands of people taking the train to and from St Pancras each day.

• Haha

aimee2401

I'm sorry but not only does she think iPads without headphones are okay, she's also using a sensory toy with bells on it?? Imagine being sat in the aisle across from the Martins, Grey with her iPad blaring and the baby jingling bells. What a nightmare family!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry

poopettemetis

VIP Member
Lazy Lily strikes again!

Fine, you only want to show your top half. But then DESCRIBE IN DETAIL what we can’t see! What do the back of each swimsuit look like, how high are the legs, is the butt full coverage, what does the tummy control feel like, did each swimsuit have a shelf bra/removable padding/underwire? THE DEVIL IS IN THE DETAILS. She could have - at least -included screenshots of the models on the product pages and offered sizing info.

((She must not have gotten Rich to shave her bikini area in time. But also what a great opportunity to cross promote those razors she once did sponsored content for! Again, missed opportunity.))

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41