Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

OrangeDuvet

VIP Member
IMG_20220209_105045.jpg

Me too, when I LOVE something, I use it maybe like two or three times before I get rid of it.

How is she getting away with stuff like this???

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Why do brands do this? Is laying a table going to entice me to watch a period drama? Especially when it is saturated with loads of them doing it? Lydia, Lily, Erica. I don’t care who laid the table better, it’s all shit and I can’t believe people get paid to do this, they must be laughing all the way to the bank to save dying from embarrassment that their careers have come to this. A waste of my eyeballs’ time.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

oregano

She’s evolved. No longer copying that horrible wearetwinset pose (that she could never do right) and is now copying Anna copying BB and the like with the arms-out-and-delicate-fingers-akimbo selfie. Cringe. These aren’t purposeful outfits. These are the sort of outfits that happen accidentally. Like you are lounging in your sweats but realize you are out of tampons so you throw on your husband’s too big coat because it’s closer to the door, slip on your uggs with a shoe horn (lol) and dash out faster than you can say “clog a loo”. Wait. Silly me. Lily would never dash out for tampons when she has bitch Rich!
1643208073938.jpeg
1643208122643.png

• Haha
  • Heart

oregano

Does anyone actually feel like they need a tour of the loft? As usual she has showed enough bts that I have zero curiosity left…. Though it’s usually amusing to see her say she is 1000% happy with something and has no regrets only to go on and complain about a bunch of stupid things.

LottieRouge12

Ppl hate influencers now because they’ve figured out influencer = advertiser. As an “OG” influencer, Lily IS part of the reason ppl hate influencers now. She should reflect on that and on why she won’t change careers if she’s afraid of doing it publicly. (She won’t because it’s easy money.)

Her self awareness is nil.
Ppl hate influencers b/c there are so many of them now and anytime you go anywhere remotely popular/picturesque/touristy/trendy you will at least see one and they're irritating and cumbersome. They contribute nothing to society except promoting waste and polluting the planet further.

Influencers have replaced ad actors. I'm clearly dating myself but before 2010, you would have actors who made decent money appearing/voicing commercials (that was their bread and butter). The reason the OG influencers acquired the number of followers they have is b/c they opened up their homes and private lives for monetary gain. They will blatantly lie and say "oh my viewers trust my opinions" but that's bs. If they try to take away the personal aspect (as Nanna is trying to do) the numbers and viewers plummet b/c again that was the reason they got hooked in the first place. The personal lives aspect of seeing inside their homes, their daily routine, their spouses/SO, etc.

Even the OG makeup influencers (I'm not including actual legit makeup artists in this) opened up their homes and lives to a degree and its how they obtained their following. They were ad actors who broke through the 3rd wall showing milestones in their lives each year thereby creating a parasocial relationship with their viewers. But make no mistake this is clearly a one-way street.

tl;dr continue to roll your eyes, drag and scoff at influencers anytime you see them in public. They contribute nothing to society and in fact do the opposite by fueling and promoting so much waste solely for financial gain.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

oregano

I refuse to watch her video but did she actually say she doesn’t follow trends?? Did she possibly mean she doesn’t follow them well??!? It definitely seems like she’s trying to rebrand herself but in a very haphazard way. Unlike Anna who clearly came back from maternity leave on a mission to sell as much as possible relationship with her followers be damned, lily just seems to be trying to convince her followers that she hasn’t ever done the things she has definitely done… like show baby/kid content and follow trends. She’s cleaned up her instagram highlights and says absurd things like “I never show kid stuff” and “I don’t follow trends”. Just last week she talked about jumping on a supposed brown clothing trend and how she wasn’t into it at first but then came around. She isn’t fooling anyone I hope.

Next thread title suggestion—

The lily edit: I don’t follow trends

• Heart
Reactions: 45

OrangeDuvet

VIP Member
More shade at Anna for her recent reel where she starts in her tights 😂😂 the passive aggressive competitive pettiness from Lily is just never ending - absolutely hilarious. Also didn’t she legit do this herself a few days ago?????? I’m sure she posted a reel where she starts in her pants
She was literally in her pants trying to put jeans on 🤦‍♀️

• Haha

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Things amusing me in Lily’s video:

* talking about Anna’s trainers without mentioning Anna
* the bad wall lamps in the background - she’s positioned herself in front of one of them but you can still see how shit it looks
* ‘I don’t follow trends but let me discuss all the trends I’m currently chasing’
* ‘I consider all purchases very carefully but let me tell you everything I don’t like about what I already own’
* not knowing the word ‘acetate’
* ‘I want an oversized hat like Anna’s free one’

• Haha

ellwood

The JoJo thing is interesting because you’d think Lily would promote her… “hey guys I know how much you loved watching my renovation journey, my sister is in progress on her own big project, head over there and follow along”

Imagine being so hateful and selfish that you don’t want to help your sister and see her do well. She knows JoJo’s Reno is way more exciting than hers ever was

• Heart
Reactions: 44