Lily Pebbles #27 The unfluencer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lily’s so boring she has got us talking about lights haha but I bet Lily’s never had a lightbulb moment 💡 since she’s so daft.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
View attachment 772312
Wow... Poor Rich, not allowed even his wedding ring to be curated to reflect him, it had to revert back to Lily somehow (via her father, yuck daddy issues alert!).
"I'm not sentimental about stuff like this" 🙄🙄🙄 looks like we're back on the "I'm not like other girls" thing, ugh
This is actually really depressing. She’s not sentimental about her own wedding band?! Like she tries to sound so nonchalant and “not like other girls”, but she also sounds so condescending. I get not being all goo ga ga about jewelry, but it’s still a symbol of love and commitment between her and Rich. That he probably paid for too!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
This is actually really depressing. She’s not sentimental about her own wedding band?! Like she tries to sound so nonchalant and “not like other girls”, but she also sounds so condescending. I get not being all goo ga ga about jewelry, but it’s still a symbol of love and commitment between her and Rich. That he probably paid for too!
Yeah I thought that, I mean obviously it's not good to be a diva when things go wrong, but you're allowed to care about things, you don't have to always be a "cool girl".

Reactions: 9
I said it before, I think is FS that her skin is allergic to it. She just didn’t like rose gold anymore. Again down to poor choice. Her engagement ring is gold and she opt for a rose gold wedding band?

• Wow
Reactions: 17
It’s definitely weird. A ring doesn’t have to be expensive or covered in diamonds, it’s sentimental because of what it represents.
I didn't follow her around the time of her engagement, she must have felt something towards it at the time?

Reactions: 8
She does not seem to form any connection to objects, hence her home being so... Impersonal. Her line of 'work' where she constantly follows a trend and things get swapped out for the latest freebies probably does not help either.

But yes, BS on the allergic reaction, since her very harsh yellow gold freebie jewellery she simply has gone off the rose gold trend.

Reactions: 25
No you didn’t, nobody did actually. Somebody said they don’t understand she will not have an overhead light and multiple people started saying why they personally don’t like spotlights 😛
The spotlights came in because Lily had mentioned spotlights as a decision they regretted.

Reactions: 3
The spotlights came in because Lily had mentioned spotlights as a decision they regretted.
I don’t think Lily has much real opinions about spotlights. The reason why she hates spotlights now is because most designers said they hate spotlights. If you watch back her old vlog in 2017/18, she has always had the spotlights on. So…is better for us to ask a potato why he thinks a spotlight is bad than Lily. She is an influenced influencer.
🐑

She does not seem to form any connection to objects, hence her home being so... Impersonal. Her line of 'work' where she constantly follows a trend and things get swapped out for the latest freebies probably does not help either.

But yes, BS on the allergic reaction, since her very harsh yellow gold freebie jewellery she simply has gone off the rose gold trend.
That is why quite many still opt for the silver trend when it comes to engagement ring because it is timeless.

Reactions: 12
I don’t think Lily has much real opinions about spotlights. The reason why she hates spotlights now is because most designers said they hate spotlights. If you watch back her old vlog in 2017/18, she has always had the spotlights on. So…is better for us to ask a potato why he thinks a spotlight is bad than Lily. She is an influenced influencer.
🐑

That is why quite many still opt for the silver trend when it comes to engagement ring because it is timeless.
Influenced influencer is the best description for Lily. She's also an influenced influencer stuck in the OG days and can't get her head around how influencing has changed esp in a post pandemic world.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m late to the convo as I just watched a few minutes of her last video but my god if she’s stressing about (presumably online where she doesn’t even have to leave the house) shopping for “her” winter wardrobe and Xmas presents after “he” is here because there won’t be any time, I shudder to think how she will cope with literally anything involving any aspect of life whatsoever with two kids in the mix. Of course she is probably being overly dramatic in the hopes of being gifted these things but still.... I’ll just be over here with my popcorn waiting to watch this train wreck unfold.

side note: watching her comb through her unruly old man brows made me physically ill. I have to admit I always thought the criticism here on her brows was a tad over the top but I get it now.

Reactions: 27
I’m late to the convo as I just watched a few minutes of her last video but my god if she’s stressing about (presumably online where she doesn’t even have to leave the house) shopping for “her” winter wardrobe and Xmas presents after “he” is here because there won’t be any time, I shudder to think how she will cope with literally anything involving any aspect of life whatsoever with two kids in the mix. Of course she is probably being overly dramatic in the hopes of being gifted these things but still.... I’ll just be over here with my popcorn waiting to watch this train wreck unfold.

side note: watching her comb through her unruly old man brows made me physically ill. I have to admit I always thought the criticism here on her brows was a tad over the top but I get it now.
Like Grey’s Xmas is really not the top priority now. This woman doesn’t live in the same world that we do

Reactions: 13
I don't get why a November baby means she can't do online Xmas shopping for Grey?
Also, lots of parents start their shopping early, to spread the cost, but Lily would not understand this.

Reactions: 24
The reason she is not getting an over head light is to cut down on costs. It her only reason and nothing to do with esthetics. I don't know how much extra it would cost, but it is a corner cutting tactic that some developers use especially in the US. It's easier to just wire the walls.

Reactions: 9
I don't get why a November baby means she can't do online Xmas shopping for Grey?
Also, lots of parents start their shopping early, to spread the cost, but Lily would not understand this.
It makes zero sense; the media here (Australia) is hyping up delays for Christmas due to covid, so I imagine UK will have the same with covid and Brexit. But it will give her a chance to complain that she couldn’t get what she wanted for Grey, because ‘nobody told her’.

I find it very sad about her wedding ring; for someone so attached to her family and their way of doing things, she seems very emotionally immature when it comes to Rich.

Reactions: 16
Not even 9am, she is already begging for gift from my first year. I salute her for her agility.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
I had a November baby and it didn’t affect Christmas shopping whatsoever. Why is everything a calamity to her? 🙄🙄🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I don't understand why she always makes a huge deal about tasks and thing that "normal" people wouldn't even think twice about (mostly because we don't have the time to complain about them). Wah wah christmas presents, Lily your child is two, take an hour or two with your husband one evening and pick something out for duck's sake, Grey doesn't need a huge production. Wah wah loft extension, she doesn't even have to do anything except pick out flooring and a few pieces of furniture. Wah wah winter clothing, same as my first point. JUST bleeping DO IT and stop moping my god.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I don't understand why she always makes a huge deal about tasks and thing that "normal" people wouldn't even think twice about (mostly because we don't have the time to complain about them). Wah wah christmas presents, Lily your child is two, take an hour or two with your husband one evening and pick something out for duck's sake, Grey doesn't need a huge production. Wah wah loft extension, she doesn't even have to do anything except pick out flooring and a few pieces of furniture. Wah wah winter clothing, same as my first point. JUST bleeping DO IT and stop moping my god.
Hahahah! You don’t live in London, you wouldn’t know the stressful commute she had to do between her bedroom and kitchen. Please she is pregnant, no one told you she is the only pregnant woman.

Grey is 2, what kind of present do they really give her. She can buy her a bike or something…

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Hahahah! You don’t live in London, you wouldn’t know the stressful commute she had to do between her bedroom and kitchen. Please she is pregnant, no one told you she is the only pregnant woman.

Grey is 2, what kind of present do they really give her. She can buy her a bike or something…
My kid is a few years older than Grey and for the last few years I've just got second hand gifts for her from Charity Shops or FB marketplace. She's a bit older now so is at the stage where she's asking for stuff - but I'm capping her at 5 gifts because she'll get stuff from relatives too. Lily getting stressed about this is all about Lily and nothing to do with Grey. She's 2 - she really doesn't care at this age and, if she does, then it's because her mother has already conditioned her to be a consumer.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.