Lily Pebbles #27 The unfluencer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know that Alex from the Frugality bought her house in Wood Green after selling her flat in (I think don’t quote me) Blackheath, and moved up to north London as she couldn’t afford to stay south like her family (she’s from Tooting area)

From my knowledge of London and Jewish friends (sorry if any of this is wrong) Bounds Green is *the* Jewish place to live, I think the highest level of Jewish people in London, so doesn’t surprise me if Lily wants to stay out with her community and where she grew up. It is annoying though that she makes it sound like buying a house in the area you grew up is a given when many many people have been priced out of even renting in London,never mind saving for a deposit.

Even in my crappy bit of South West London that has a reputation for being the ‘rough bit’ houses go for + 1 million, and flats at least 500K. Totally impossible without some sort of generational wealth or a very high double income

Also remember that both Lily and Rich lived rent free at her parents until they were 27+ to buy their flat, even if her parents didn’t give her money that’s a huge privilege

Adding on/double post one more thing: is it possible that they have remortgaged in order to get the loft extension? That would explain the budgeting if they don’t want to go over their ceiling price.
I think she just doesn't want to spend a load on it because she is purely doing this to 'increase' the value of her home in order to sell in the next few years. She also doesn't like spending money. This is a woman who will happily buy an ugly print (sorry 'art') for £500 or dropping over a grand for a armchair that looks like a cat's anus but balks at spending £80 on an hours appt with a female physio. She has no appreciation of paying people for their skills and knowledge.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I think she just doesn't want to spend a load on it because she is purely doing this to 'increase' the value of her home in order to sell in the next few years. She also doesn't like spending money. This is a woman who will happily buy an ugly print (sorry 'art') for £500 or dropping over a grand for a armchair that looks like a cat's anus but balks at spending £80 on an hours appt with a female physio. She has no appreciation of paying people for their skills and knowledge.
LA, you remind us of that ART! Hahaha that crappy art that looks like it is belongs to Jurys Inn.

Reactions: 10
Yes nothing-y is the right word to describe Bounds Green. It's next to a shithole (Wood Green) and an almost shithole (Palmers Green), but also near some very nice areas. Its one of those in-between places that has nothing much to say for itself.

Sure it will be worth more but there is a ceiling and this reno must be costing them a fortune...there arnt many £1m+ houses on the market in that area right now.
Are taking out reno loans a thing in the UK?

Hopefully they do everything slowly and considered instead of Lily who was just so straight up for content that she obviously rushed everything, didn’t consider her needs even though she kept going on and on about kids (still SMDH at the fridge/larder) and then didn’t like it.

Reactions: 5

Hopefully they do everything slowly and considered instead of Lily who was just so straight up for content that she obviously rushed everything, didn’t consider her needs even though she kept going on and on about kids (still SMDH at the fridge/larder) and then didn’t like it.
IMO, most people have single fridge. She barely cooks, and her old fridge is mostly empty with no real food. She wants a huge fridge now because that is what she grew up with

Reactions: 8

Most people will extend their mortgage to do a big job like an extension or loft conversion. With JoJo's - they probably already have the money to do most of it as I've not really heard of the bank giving you money for the mortgage and THEN giving you money for the reno immediately. You have to build up equity - either by paying off more of your mortgage or by the value of your house increasing. Alternatively JoJo could've taken out a personal loan against her home but they don't tend to be the big lump sums that you need for a huge reno like that.

Reactions: 4
So my simple ‘researching’ skills tell me that Jojo’s husband works as a commercial /cost manager in construction management. Maybe something to do with quantity surveying. Jojo and her husband are both listed as directors of the company. They bought their old place for 450k 10 years ago, they house probably doubled its value. I am not too sure how much they threw in for their renovation, but still, they made a very good profit.
Ps: the Martins love fake grass. I always thought JOJO = Josephine but her name is Joanna. Stupid me.

So my simple ‘researching’ skills tell me that Jojo’s husband works as a commercial /cost manager in construction management. Maybe something to do with quantity surveying. Jojo and her husband are both listed as directors of the company. They bought their old place for 450k 10 years ago, they house probably doubled its value. I am not too sure how much they threw in for their renovation, but still, they made a very good profit.
Ps: the Martins love fake grass. I always thought JOJO = Josephine but her name is Joanna. Stupid me.
You are GOOD! He's got a good job but doubt that he's achieving much more than a low 6 figure salary.

Reactions: 7
You are GOOD! He's got a good job but doubt that he's achieving much more than a low 6 figure salary.
Could be family money from both sides they’ve just pooled together then. Especially if the husband’s parents are getting older, maybe he’s an only child too.

Or we all really missed the boat and should’ve gone into facepainting and baking for a local bakery/IG baker 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Sure it will be worth more but there is a ceiling and this reno must be costing them a fortune...there arnt many £1m+ houses on the market in that area right now.
For sure, but they will probably live there for 10 years, so will get their moneys worth and if the prices keep rising like last few years, they will make good profit on it anyway...

@jaymie here's the link to the deprivation map https://maps.cdrc.ac.uk/#/geodemographics/imde2015/default/BTTTFPT/13/-0.1302/51.5190/

What's the companies name?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I also went down a rabbit hole this am to find out what the hell this guy does. I’m torn between thinking the construction guy and the surveyor are the same person - he looks so different in the construction photos. He would make 6 figures with that firm and those projects that he’s listed (if he’s both the surveyor and the construction exec.) I def think he’s the surveyor.

Reactions: 3
I also went down a rabbit hole this am to find out what the hell this guy does. I’m torn between thinking the construction guy and the surveyor are the same person - he looks so different in the construction photos. He would make 6 figures with that firm and those projects that he’s listed (if he’s both the surveyor and the construction exec.) I def think he’s the surveyor.
Ugh I realize I explained this terribly. Must be under the influence of Lily’s poor copywriting skills. I think the construction guy and the survey guy - both of the same name - might be different people; however there’s plenty of possibility they are one and the same. Also, “Jojo” + his surname🤣

Reactions: 2
Ya he should be the surveyor. I didn’t check the company website but on companies house, they both have their old address as their address. If you can locate his LinkedIn, he has his kids on his profile picture, that is 100% him.

I came to the conclusion that the Martins are moaners. Lol go check the guy’s Twitter lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Ya he should be the surveyor. I didn’t check the company website but on companies house, they both have their old address as their address. If you can locate his LinkedIn, he has his kids on his profile picture, that is 100% him.

I came to the conclusion that the Martins are moaners. Lol go check the guy’s Twitter lol
Yes I saw his Twitter. Just one big witch fest of a feed. And rugby.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So both Carli and Jojo kept their maiden name, Lily is the only one who gave it up. I wonder how the clan views that 😬

• Haha
So both Carli and Jojo kept their maiden name, Lily is the only one who gave it up. I wonder how the clan views that 😬
If my husband’s surname is Dando, you can be sure I wouldn’t take that too hahah. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Is Tattle single handedly launching Jojo’s influencer career. 🤪 Lily will be fuming that on her trash thread, we were talking about Jojo and not.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Haha we don’t need anymore Martin’s to be influencers. We just need them to be good citizens.

Reactions: 11
Who’s going to tell her - nobody wants this military duffel bag of a dress. And the boots are fuuuuugly!
E485B530-55BD-482D-8154-C0E12E88944C.jpeg

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I kind of understand her for wanting ‘in between’ clothes that aren’t your maternity clothes and you’re not quite in your usual pre-pregnancy size, but you REALLY don’t need as much stuff as she’s listed (and I know it’s for the sweet sweet AL, but it’s still gross consumerism). I bought maybe one pair of jeans that weren’t maternity but were one up my usual size, but otherwise it’s totally usual to wear maternity clothes for a month or so after. Maternity leggings are the comfiest!!

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.