Lily Pebbles #27 The unfluencer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It seems like a cultural norm even if you give birth in the private maternity wings/hospitals in Britain. I remember each time the Duchess of Cambridge had a baby there was always discussion about how quickly she leaves hospital in overseas press! (I also think she just wanted to get the grim posing for the press bit over and done with 😬)

Here in Australia I think most women stay a night and then go home if there aren't complications? But I haven't had a baby so have no first hand experience! :LOL:
Australian here too and it depends on a lot of things. Private hospital vaginal delivery was four nights stay post-birth and c-section is five. I loved being in the hospital personally, as I had my own room and was very comfortable!

I believe public system they like you in for 48 hours at least if it’s your first baby and probably longer for a c-section or significant post-birth complications.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I get what Lily meant, why nightclubs are allowed to open but hospital has such a strict restrictions. I am no healthcare professional, my guess is that hospital is full of people with weak immune system and that could include new born baby and new mother, the restrictions is there for this reason? To protect? Someone mentioned that Lily never mention anything about Rich bonding with the new born, is all about Rich being there to fetch her tit.
Just to say that again we're giving Lily too much credit for having an original thought. She's just parroting back what Pregnant Then Screwed have been saying all this time. And in typical Lily fashion she added her own flavour of moaning to it, which takes away from the core message.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I get what Lily meant, why nightclubs are allowed to open but hospital has such a strict restrictions. I am no healthcare professional, my guess is that hospital is full of people with weak immune system and that could include new born baby and new mother, the restrictions is there for this reason? To protect? Someone mentioned that Lily never mention anything about Rich bonding with the new born, is all about Rich being there to fetch her tit.
Well also, arguably nightclubs *shouldn't* be allowed to open yet, but unfortunately that decision is up to our government and not the health professionals. The hospital itself is the one area where they can actually impose the restrictions they deem helpful/necessary.

Reactions: 19
Well also, arguably nightclubs *shouldn't* be allowed to open yet, but unfortunately that decision is up to our government and not the health professionals. The hospital itself is the one area where they can actually impose the restrictions they deem helpful/necessary.
I can understand why restrictions are still stricter in hospitals. You go to a hospital with covid (unknowingly or not) you put the healthcare workers and sick patients at higher risk. If healthcare workers all get sick and need to isolate they’re more understaffed than they already are and patients die.

you go to a nightclub you’re putting yourself & everyone in the nightclub at risk but they’ve all chosen to be there & the staff you put at risk aren’t in charge of saving lives so most likely no one dies!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Just to say that again we're giving Lily too much credit for having an original thought. She's just parroting back what Pregnant Then Screwed have been saying all this time. And in typical Lily fashion she added her own flavour of moaning to it, which takes away from the core message.

100% this. I think in Lily’s mind she isn’t moaning, but advocating for pregnant women while also fishing for a pat on the back for birthing alone during a difficult time. It’s so typical for her to suddenly care about a cause once it directly affects her and then pivot the cause to spotlight herself and look for acknowledgment that she has it harder than everyone else. I think we can all remember the great mole crusade of 2020. She’s not charismatic, intelligent or influential enough to pull off any of her crusades so they just end up sounding like another one of her moans.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Who are all these people asking about boots. Like those are the boots you can get from Pirmark for sure? Or Tesco or Asda

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Classic Lily to complain about a scenario she can easily avoid with minimal effort, i.e. go to the hospital 15 minutes away where partners can stay, since that seems to be important to her. She lives in a country with a lot of choice and availability in reproductive care. It's very tone deaf to suggest this is some great injustice.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Classic Lily to complain about a scenario she can easily avoid with minimal effort, i.e. go to the hospital 15 minutes away where partners can stay, since that seems to be important to her. She lives in a country with a lot of choice and availability in reproductive care. It's very tone deaf to suggest this is some great injustice.
Exactly. She can change if she wants to. Guess she'd rather moan, though... Don't understand why Rich does not insist on changing, either, but then he might like the idea of some peace and quiet....

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Lily is the only pregnant lady that moaned about restrictions. So many people are pregnant online none of them mention anything about restrictions. @youalrightmate I think what the poster said was Lily intentionally fall pregnant during pandemic knowing full on that the virus will be here to stay, but then choose to moan about restrictions (this is very Lily)
yes I apologise for the confusion, and sorry I didn’t mean to offend, this is what I meant ^
I know couples who have had babies during the pandemic and whilst they said it’s a shame their partners couldn’t stay etc it was never how Lily complains

It seems like a cultural norm even if you give birth in the private maternity wings/hospitals in Britain. I remember each time the Duchess of Cambridge had a baby there was always discussion about how quickly she leaves hospital in overseas press! (I also think she just wanted to get the grim posing for the press bit over and done with 😬)

Here in Australia I think most women stay a night and then go home if there aren't complications? But I haven't had a baby so have no first hand experience! :LOL:
It might also have to do with different medical practices. In my country there are several tests done by doctors not midwives for the newborn. After birth, a couple of hours later and than between 3 to 10 days later. Many stay for like 3 days so the last test is still done in hospital, and you don’t have to take child somewhere after coming home for some time. You can be discharged in the first 24h if everything went perfectly fine though, for a c-section it’s normally between 3 and 5 days. It depends on how you do. I think you should be able to stay as long as you need, to be able to at least physically cope at home. For some it might be 3h, for others 24h and for others 5 days. As long as you get the time you need. I find those competitions weird. No one is better for going home earlier? Or breastfeeding or having an unmedicated natural birth. It’s a shame that money more often than not dictates our choices in regards to our healthcare.

Reactions: 7
Im not a lily fan but she is right the restrictions are awful. No woman should have to be told on her own that she has miscarried during a scan. Some people are fine after delivery or section and some are not and it is not a sign of weakness or laziness to need or want your partner there. I was induced recently and my hospital didn't allow my husband in until i was in "active labour" which meant i had to have extra painful internal exams to check how far dilated i was just so my husband could come. I ended up having an emergency section and my husband was sent home after a few hours. I was extremely ill and weak the next day with an infection and bad reaction to the epidural and really needed my husband. Staff are amazing but overworked. My baby was diagnosed with a condition on day 2 and needed lots of scans and checks over next 3 days all of which my husband wasnt there for. Partners are not just visitors...they are a vital support to women.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Im not a lily fan but she is right the restrictions are awful. No woman should have to be told on her own that she has miscarried during a scan. Some people are fine after delivery or section and some are not and it is not a sign of weakness or laziness to need or want your partner there. I was induced recently and my hospital didn't allow my husband in until i was in "active labour" which meant i had to have extra painful internal exams to check how far dilated i was just so my husband could come. I ended up having an emergency section and my husband was sent home after a few hours. I was extremely ill and weak the next day with an infection and bad reaction to the epidural and really needed my husband. Staff are amazing but overworked. My baby was diagnosed with a condition on day 2 and needed lots of scans and checks over next 3 days all of which my husband wasnt there for. Partners are not just visitors...they are a vital support to women.
I’m sorry to hear about your experience - you’re absolutely right that no woman should have to go through all that without their partner or birthing partner.

• Sad
She probably doesn’t want to change hospitals because I’m guessing ‘her’ hospital is where Grey was born and/or her sisters gave birth. And she can’t possibly fathom doing anything different to break the mould.

Man, I really hope her kids grow up to be super rebellious and head off travelling when they’re 18!

Reactions: 30
Whilst I sympathise with pregnant women, they are not some special case. Unfortunately due to COVID all patients have been put in the same position, e.g. patients being told of new cancer diagnoses. So actually all this "think about the poor pregnant women" does rub me up the wrong way a little bit, as it suggests these measures have affected them solely/they have been singled out. These measures were taken to protect others so in some sense, just like all the other restrictions, we have to suck it up. Visitors are limited but currently allowed, but much better this than sick immunocompromised people catching COVID/services being shut down due to staff isolation

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Whilst I sympathise with pregnant women, they are not some special case. Unfortunately due to COVID all patients have been put in the same position, e.g. patients being told of new cancer diagnoses. So actually all this "think about the poor pregnant women" does rub me up the wrong way a little bit, as it suggests these measures have affected them solely/they have been singled out. These measures were taken to protect others so in some sense, just like all the other restrictions, we have to suck it up. Visitors are limited but currently allowed, but much better this than sick immunocompromised people catching COVID/services being shut down due to staff isolation
Agreed. There are people out there receiving info like a terminal cancer diagnosis alone. People are dying of Covid alone. Giving birth is special, yes, but so is every person’s medical experience in their personal context. Lily totally irritates me in her whining about this, because per usual, she comes off as “me me me” instead of being empathetic to everyone’s situation.

Lily’s so myopic, and just has a genuinely unlikable public persona. She’s ABSOLUTELY the kind of person that thinks pregnant people should be treated with kid gloves - like Anna’s sycophants saying she shouldn’t receive criticism because she’s pregnant. Their experience is so removed from the majority world and doesn’t do anyone any favors in a minority world context either - that’s the kind of backwater thinking in any society that damages women’s hiring prospects, causes them not to get promoted, higher wages etc.

Reactions: 37
She probably doesn’t want to change hospitals because I’m guessing ‘her’ hospital is where Grey was born and/or her sisters gave birth. And she can’t possibly fathom doing anything different to break the mould.

Man, I really hope her kids grow up to be super rebellious and head off travelling when they’re 18!
Or even at 15, like she did with that ex boyfriend of hers!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Pregnancy can be quite an unpredictable time with heightened risk for certain things so it makes sense for women to want to have a partner or other support person with them. Patients with severe conditions/undergoing risky procedures definetly deserve to have a support person with them no matter what. Even though we need to be safe I think it is inhumane what some people are having to experience alone have them wear a mask to come to the appointment and do a test sometime beforehand.

• Heart
I have to say, her Thursday outfit, the black dress with the gold jewelry and her hair styled that way, she looks beautiful and radiant, minus the shoes; the sneakers would have matched much better if she wanted flats but those boots ain’t it;

Otherwise tho, she genuinely looks really nice; she should wear fitted things more, she doesnt look so miserable for once..

ETA: Her Sunday outfit, the black t-shirt also looks nice; black and fitted should be her thing; she looked ridiculous in that olive green dress; she also needs to realize loose shirts and loose pants make her look ridiculous; at least wear some leggings or somethinf

now time to finish the video and think about how I only have 4 hours until I need to be awake and I should be asleep 😫

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.