Lily Pebbles #27 The unfluencer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“Rich, we need a very European sounding name. What about Hennes or Mauritz”

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I’ve never heard Ottilie before. I can see Otty as a nickname though. That’s kind of cute. Although Bunny the talking dog’s new brother is Otter and they call him Otty. Bunny has less IG followers though 🤣

Rue after the actress in the Golden Girls!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I know Ottilie as a German name. Probably the female version of Otto. The -e at the ending would be pronounced as in „Essex“. Ottili-e. One of those names, only some duchesses 100s of years ago would have been called. Or some very conservative rural great-grandmothers. Maybe today also some Berlin hipsters‘ daughters. But it’s a very rare name. For me it’s very odd, thinking a modern day influencer‘d call her daughter such an oldfashioned name.

Reactions: 17
It's a French name and it's becoming more and more popular in the UK at the moment. Zalfie will probably cause a spike in it.
I'm French and I've never ever heard of that name lol. It doesn't mean anything in French and having just looked up the stats it looks like that name has hardly ever been used in France. The UK appears to have the highest number of Ottilie babies in the world rn although it's not a high number either. I think it's more that the parents who use it are looking for that French "sound" or appearance but it's not actually French at all.

Although, I bet Lily's now going to be fuming that she didn't think to name her baby something "French" as well, since, you know, she ~~spent allll her summers in the SoUtH of FrAnCe growing up~~. Maybe she'll name her next baby "Antibes" now.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Although, I bet Lily's now going to be fuming that she didn't think to name her baby something "French" as well, since, you know, she ~~spent allll her summers in the SoUtH of FrAnCe growing up~~. Maybe she'll name her next baby "Antibes" now.
Larry Doot FTW

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I know Ottilie as a German name. Probably the female version of Otto. The -e at the ending would be pronounced as in „Essex“. Ottili-e. One of those names, only some duchesses 100s of years ago would have been called. Or some very conservative rural great-grandmothers. Maybe today also some Berlin hipsters‘ daughters. But it’s a very rare name. For me it’s very odd, thinking a modern day influencer‘d call her daughter such an oldfashioned name.
I have also met either a Danish or German girl called Otillie. I can’t remember, maybe she has a parent from each. I also know an American with this name but she goes by Tillie 99.9% of the time - maybe she has German heritage, I never thought about it!

Rue is kinda cute, but it also makes me think “rue the day” and I personally would avoid it because of the negative association. But both Zoe’s names are a million, billion, trillion times more interesting than poor Grey. Maybe when she’s older, Grey can dream up a cute story for how she got the name so she’ll have something cool to say when people ask her (because she is defo going to get asked wth her parents were thinking when they named her Grey.)

Reactions: 7
I agree it’s not a French name rather an English name sounding French. I’m Belgian and met a girl with this name once but it’s spelled “Othilly” which isn’t really French spelling even.

what’s quite popular these days is the name Odile which I do like

Reactions: 12
I don’t understand what Grey’s ‘new room’ is? Will Grey move up to the loft once it’s done, it is Lily meaning the room with the new wardrobe?

I don’t want to body shame her at all, but if you are self conscious about your figure, I’m not sure why you would set up and then post a video of yourself at such an unflattering angle.

Reactions: 12
I don’t understand what Grey’s ‘new room’ is? Will Grey move up to the loft once it’s done, it is Lily meaning the room with the new wardrobe?

I don’t want to body shame her at all, but if you are self conscious about your figure, I’m not sure why you would set up and then post a video of yourself at such an unflattering angle.
Greys new room is the one with the wardrobes which have just been built. It was Lily’s ‘office’ and will now be greys bedroom when the loft is done and Lily’s ‘office’ will move to the loft. Although I doubt she’ll ever use it as an office once it’s in the loft.

Reactions: 4
Greys new room is the one with the wardrobes which have just been built. It was Lily’s ‘office’ and will now be greys bedroom when the loft is done and Lily’s ‘office’ will move to the loft. Although I doubt she’ll ever use it as an office once it’s in the loft.
Agree. She barely used it as it was. Now she will have to go in an extra flight of stairs there is no chance!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Where the stairs to the loft will go? I thought it will be the box room?

Where the stairs to the loft will go? I thought it will be the box room?
I’ve been trying to figure it out for weeks where these stairs are going to go! But it’s not the box room as that’s the new nursery…

Reactions: 5
Is it possible the stairs are going above the other set of stairs?

Is it possible the stairs are going above the other set of stairs?
This is probably what’s happening in that they’ll put the start of the stairs outside of the nursery room and it’ll have a couple of steps then turn the corner and go above the stairs which are already there. That’s what I think but who knows!

Reactions: 3
I’ve been trying to figure it out for weeks where these stairs are going to go! But it’s not the box room as that’s the new nursery…
There is just enough room for the stairs to go from the landing so they aren't going to lose any of the box room. I remember her talking it about it ages ago.

Reactions: 5

Trust Lily to make a child’s room so damn complicated

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.