Lily Pebbles #2 The “working Mum” spends days ‘gramming cheap tat and getting her nails done

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For someone who I would have thought was so against typical baby colours she has brought a lot of pink stuff for grey. What if they have another baby and it's a boy? I knew I was having a boy but purposely brought neutral main bits just in case...
Key difference is you BOUGHT neutral bits :ROFLMAO:

Lily will moan about not having the right colour, so brands will gift her the ‘correct’ one. OR she will turn it into another weird gender crusade. “Just because the baby’s in a pink buggy doesn’t mean it’s a GIRL, people are so sexist, these days anyone can be in any colour” :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Key difference is you BOUGHT neutral bits :ROFLMAO:

Lily will moan about not having the right colour, so brands will gift her the ‘correct’ one. OR she will turn it into another weird gender crusade. “Just because the baby’s in a pink buggy doesn’t mean it’s a GIRL, people are so sexist, these days anyone can be in any colour” :rolleyes:
Very true!
I have to admit I have the Babyzen myself and love it. Truly believe she always wanted that too but was too tight to buy it herself so jumped at whoever offered her one first.

Loves a moan this one as we all know.

Reactions: 4
Has anyone noticed on yesterdays stories that she now has a Babyzen Yoyo? Wonder if it was gifted?!
Had to look back at the comparison she did on holiday between the Silvercross one and Yoyo that was her sisters. Not the same as that was black (new one is pink) so it's brand new...

For someone who I would have thought was so against typical baby colours she has brought a lot of pink stuff for grey. What if they have another baby and it's a boy? I knew I was having a boy but purposely brought neutral main bits just in case...
100% it was gifted! lily has not paid for one single thing for her baby and she isn’t going to start now.
One of the things I have loved about motherhood is using my own money to buy things for my baby!

The whole bedroom situation infuriates me. My partner and I have lived in our rented flat for over 4 years. We cannot decorate. Our bedroom is white with an (old) cream carpet. Our bedroom furniture is from Ikea. The last time I bought new bedding was probably over 2 years ago, which is fine, because I - like all human beings - have a washing machine. We love where we live, it's our home.

Does it match the decor? No.
Can we afford new, "better" furniture? No.
Am I losing sleep over the fact that my bed is brown and my skirting boards are white? NO.

Lily is so far removed from reality that I don't know how she functions.

Reactions: 27
The whole bedroom situation infuriates me. My partner and I have lived in our rented flat for over 4 years. We cannot decorate. Our bedroom is white with an (old) cream carpet. Our bedroom furniture is from Ikea. The last time I bought new bedding was probably over 2 years ago, which is fine, because I - like all human beings - have a washing machine. We love where we live, it's our home.

Does it match the decor? No.
Can we afford new, "better" furniture? No.
Am I losing sleep over the fact that my bed is brown and my skirting boards are white? NO.

Lily is so far removed from reality that I don't know how she functions.

She wants a new bedroom (which at the moment is very dull and boring - pretty much like her) because nothing is ‘working’ in there but she does not want to spend money, the purpose of this video and whole bedroom makeover bollocks is to get people to gift everything to her that she doesn’t like or wants to change. She complains about petty little things like bed linen - just go out and buy different linen, it’s really not that difficult.

I pity her that she had nothing better to do with her life than try and blag free stuff, the fact that its becoming more obvious is really putting people off her because she just looks incredibly greedy and desperate.

We live in a rented flat too, and there loads I’d love to do with our bedroom to spruce it up, but it can be so expensive to do so, so we do little bits to put our own stamp on it, and make it more ‘us’ you don’t need to spend a fortune making a room look nice. Her room is very dull and boring (pretty much like her)

Reactions: 12
She wants a new bedroom (which at the moment is very dull and boring - pretty much like her) because nothing is ‘working’ in there but she does not want to spend money, the purpose of this video and whole bedroom makeover bollocks is to get people to gift everything to her that she doesn’t like or wants to change. She complains about petty little things like bed linen - just go out and buy different linen, it’s really not that difficult.

I pity her that she had nothing better to do with her life than try and blag free stuff, the fact that its becoming more obvious is really putting people off her because she just looks incredibly greedy and desperate.

We live in a rented flat too, and there loads I’d love to do with our bedroom to spruce it up, but it can be so expensive to do so, so we do little bits to put our own stamp on it, and make it more ‘us’ you don’t need to spend a fortune making a room look nice. Her room is very dull and boring (pretty much like her)
We brought our house 3 years ago and have done every room except for our bedroom.
I am DESPERATE to change it but other things take priority (like a new oven) as we have to pay for these things out of our hard earned money as well as providing for our 2 year old.

Funnily enough though, I can still manage to buy new linen and curtains to change the "look"

I know this is just one point but my mind can not compute all the contradictions in her bedroom make over video. Completely agree with all of the above but I specifically remember when she moved into her flat she spent £100 plus on linen bedding and raved about how good it was and life changing, her biggest point being that it didn't have to be ironed and "looked cool" all crinkled. Now all these points are what make it a terrible choice. I'm all for people changing their mind but it just seems disingenuous, like unfiltered QVC. If she truly did just change her mind then why could she not figure out to just buy new bedding???
Also to point out that if she does buy cotton bedding, as recommended, it will more than likely need to be ironed to give her the look she wants, I can't see lily or rich doing that.

All the rooms she listed as being happy with are all rooms where she has been gifted major furniture (i.e kitchen and bathroom) these, more than likely, had a designer to help. Her living room was an easy Pinterest copy with the mismatch of gifted sofas which she seems to love 🤷‍♀️ Throw in the millennium bingo of a bar cart and a neon sign and all she had left was to botch up her bedroom. 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 14
There’s a (very cheesy but I agree with the sentiment!) phrase that says “when you love what you have, you have everything that you need” ...and I just think Lily is the absolute antithesis of this...

She has spent years blogging in the online-world instead of working and interacting with people in the real world and slowly but surely her “work” has transitioned into a daily critique of absolutely everything...from buggies...to bedroom interiors...to beauty products...to her own fecking teeth!

She quite literally wakes up each day and finds a new aspect of her life she wants to upgrade...uses it for content...complains about how unfulfilled she is with her existing television/eye shadow palette/bedroom wallpaper or how she’s searching for the right piece of furniture or clothing to fill the current gaping void in her life...and AS IF BY MAGIC a week or so later she’s been gifted it! Only for the cycle to begin again...

The saddest thing with all of this is this endless cycle of unfulfillment clearly spills into life beyond all her material possessions - it’s plain to see Motherhood, Marriage and just general life isn’t cutting it for her...

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
Part of me finds it incredibly sad, especially when some people have it so much worse even on a relative scale, some couples would do anything for a baby or a beautiful home, credit to lily it’s a nice house, why can’t you just be grateful, you don’t always have to try and be so “relatable”

Reactions: 6
How embarrassing that she has no idea how to decorate her own bedroom. No clue of what she likes and personal style- just wants to be on trend. How about you put some paintings or pictures that you love up. Buy linens that YOU like, a home takes time to feel homely- you can’t buy that.

Reactions: 10
So now the spare room will be her next project - she wants to paint it green (copying Anna much?) and get rid of the ugly blue futon because nobody ever stays with them (sad people). Once again she's also sharing wall colour inspiration of rooms with natural wooden floors and furniture - something that she would never do. The room is also very small so I think a dark colour would just totally close it up.

She's clearly on a new begging binge because she's not given a single duck about the spare bedroom the whole time and it seems like it's just a dumping ground for them anyway.

Reactions: 8
Staggeringly, it’s the same room. She did the paid work with dulux right before the overall house renovation. So disgustingly wasteful.
I have a feeling the Dulux room was what is now Grey’s room? I remember it being a really small space. Either way, what a complete waste. Also goes to show that Lily will only stoop to using Dulux like all the peasants when she’s being paid for it 🙄

Reactions: 6
I have a feeling the Dulux room was what is now Grey’s room? I remember it being a really small space. Either way, what a complete waste. Also goes to show that Lily will only stoop to using Dulux like all the peasants when she’s being paid for it 🙄
Yes I think you’re right! So many room renovations it’s hard to keep up lol

Reactions: 2
This is what stinks about these influencer types. To generate new content they have to keep renovating- ie. having entirely unnecessary and wasteful work done just so their lives are less boring. Here’s an idea, why not go and do something that will benefit others? Thanks

Reactions: 10
Now she's had her fill of all the #gifted baby stuff after her stint at playing a mummy blogger (let's all hope for Grey's sake she didn't get pregnant for the 'content') she's now trying food (oh dear hello fresh must have dried up) and back to interiors. Problem is it all seems like a half-arsed attempt and trying to see what sticks rather than creating good content. At least we will know when she has reached the bottom of her list when the fitness stuff starts up again!!! She needs to find something she genuinely enjoys/has an interest in, perhaps then she wouldn't complain so much.

1. Increase in cooking content - copy Anna
2. Green wall - copy Anna

She keep harping about not the usual blogger and she is practical and doesn’t follow trend. When she painted the wall Hague blue, the dark wall trends have all coming to an end but because she has no backbone, she follows what everyone was doing.

Fast forward one year, when dark wall trends have now move to beige wall trend, LP of course have to move because she is so practical and creative.

It is a matter of time she get rid of The Hague blue

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.