Lily Pebbles #10 Shilly beggles and the revent Items

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But they have plus sizes? And they recently literally did some event related to plus sized community. They used to go to Uk 18, no they go to Uk 22.
What size do they want, Uk 50?
If you market yourself as “inclusive” and only go to a size UK22, that’s misleading. I’m a UK22 and my measurements are outside their size chart. Also, they relied on the FREE labor of a Black woman 2 years ago who talked through expanding their sizing with them. They reached out to a plus size designer asking her to consult on increasing the size range and they refused to pay her. Re: the YouTube event - having a plus size woman explain plus sizes and apparel to plus people is condescending. We already know the issues! We’re faced with them daily. I would recommend looking at Aja Barber’s stories today.

It’s the same with the Lululemon launch. You can’t market your inclusiveness if you expanded 2 sizes, in 3 styles, in only 2 color ways. I’m on the lower end of plus and it’ frustrating seeing allllll this marketing for inclusiveness (it’s buzzy) when it’s not.

No designer can cater to everyone and that’s fine, but don’t claim inclusion when you’re not.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Lily, your post isn't getting traction because it sucks, Instagram crashing has nothing to do with it

IMG_9441.PNG

• Haha
Reactions: 21
If you market yourself as “inclusive” and only go to a size UK22, that’s misleading. I’m a UK22 and my measurements are outside their size chart. Also, they relied on the FREE labor of a Black woman 2 years ago who talked through expanding their sizing with them. They reached out to a plus size designer asking her to consult on increasing the size range and they refused to pay her. Re: the YouTube event - having a plus size woman explain plus sizes and apparel to plus people is condescending. We already know the issues! We’re faced with them daily. I would recommend looking at Aja Barber’s stories today.

It’s the same with the Lululemon launch. You can’t market your inclusiveness if you expanded 2 sizes, in 3 styles, in only 2 color ways. I’m on the lower end of plus and it’ frustrating seeing allllll this marketing for inclusiveness (it’s buzzy) when it’s not.

No designer can cater to everyone and that’s fine, but don’t claim inclusion when you’re not.
Okay, what size do you need to carry to be. Inclusive? Average Uk size is 16, so 22 is definitely plus size.

Reactions: 1
But they have plus sizes? And they recently literally did some event related to plus sized community. They used to go to Uk 18, no they go to Uk 22.
What size do they want, Uk 50?
This post is low key fatphobic.

Yes, I imagine UK50 people would like UK50 sizes but this isn't what "Whatlydiamade" was complaining about. And if you had bothered going to that person's stories and read through the posts she has shared, you would have a better grasp on the issue.

Thanks for sharing @poopettemetis because I didn't know Lucy & Yak was problematic and have definitely learned something today!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
So this morning Anna posts a pic of a lemon drizzle cake, and now, 12 hours later, Lily does exactly the same..!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
A stapler is the little machine that makes the staple. English isn't my first language either ;) Lily often makes such strange mistakes. Like mixing brought and bought, or 'take with' and not adding 'me' at the end of that sentence. I know some people talk like that, but when you write things for a world wide audience it makes you look an idiot.
no-one told her to add the "me" 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She admitted she wasn’t good at numbers and figures. Made me wonder what it is she really thinks she’s good at.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So Lily has been practically begging for work, going as far as to make a portfolio, and now it seems she has at least a ad gig and she has spent two days complaining about how overwhelmed she is. Can never win.

She really needs to quit trying at being an influencer. Maybe she can get a job in the Gleam offices

Reactions: 17
She admitted she wasn’t good at numbers and figures. Made me wonder what it is she really thinks she’s good at.
*insert Bianca Del Rio's clip of "What do you do successfully?" here*

Whenever I see one of her posts with that drab filter,my mind goes to the "All around me are familiar faces" memes of vine.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wonder if she any shred of self awareness of how she comes across? And the fact she has had such a close relationship and connection to Anna really gives her a benchmark to compare herself against not even in a bad way - I know at work I admire certain things about my colleagues and try to be better.

Reactions: 12
So this morning Anna posts a pic of a lemon drizzle cake, and now, 12 hours later, Lily does exactly the same..!
Ah but Lily didn’t use lemons to make her cake bitter, she used her own tears from crying about hard done by she is 🍋

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.