lifewithjadeedwards #5 Beige

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The mittens on river today! I’m from south wales and it was far from glove weather. There’s people in shorts behind them ffs, including the dad!

Reactions: 5
The mittens on river today! I’m from south wales and it was far from glove weather. There’s people in shorts behind them ffs, including the dad!
Welly boots too...very strange!!

All the footage with them out together they seem to be overly cautious with him, forever holding his hand and being RIGHT beside him every second. Rhod even went down the gravel beside the slide as River went down the slide. Poor child doesn't have a chance to explore and be "wild" as she claims he is!!

I think her idea of "wild" is probably him crying or shouting when he doesn't get what he wants or if he is finding something difficult!

Reactions: 6
I was just thinking this, surely no need for mittens now! I feel like there must be another reason why he wears them.

All the footage with them out together they seem to be overly cautious with him, forever holding his hand and being RIGHT beside him every second. Rhod even went down the gravel beside the slide as River went down the slide. Poor child doesn't have a chance to explore and be "wild" as she claims he is!!

I think her idea of "wild" is probably him crying or shouting when he doesn't get what he wants or if he is finding something difficult!
Yea, I thought the same, the two of them are the definition of helicopter parents!

Reactions: 1

I was thinking this and wondering if they are cautious or I'm neglectful 🤣 they are all up in his business though aren't they don't give him a second to problem solve it himself

it is possible that it is an obsession of Rivers - that he needs his mittons on no matter what. Maybe sensory seeking or a routine he needs to do.

Reactions: 2
My son is autistic and often wears gloves. He hates the feeling of anything getting on his hands. He only wears them outside now (and a lot less than he used to). I really hope that they get River all the help that he needs.

The difference between her sisters kid and River is starkly obvious in that reel

It’s sad how obvious it is to everyone that he is different in some way, whether it’s autism or something else, and it’s even sadder that it seems her and Rhod don’t see it and just think he will get there eventually, if he hasn’t got there by 3 with some things then there’s an issue. It will be glaringly obvious when baby number 2 comes along and if that baby hits milestones and is more animated etc that there’s something wrong with river.

It’s sad how obvious it is to everyone that he is different in some way, whether it’s autism or something else, and it’s even sadder that it seems her and Rhod don’t see it and just think he will get there eventually, if he hasn’t got there by 3 with some things then there’s an issue. It will be glaringly obvious when baby number 2 comes along and if that baby hits milestones and is more animated etc that there’s something wrong with river.
There’s nothing “wrong” with him. I know what you’re trying to say, and he definitely has additional needs. But I think saying there’s something wrong isn’t the right term
for a neurodivergent child.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Spot on above. No matter what they do they aren't going to turn him NT. That's not the goal.

Reactions: 3
The washing the bottles part of her DITL!!!

Totally fine for a toddler to be still wanting milk, but the baby bottles should have been knocked on the head two years ago. She’s really setting herself up for bother if there’s about to be an actual baby in the house having bottles, I see confusion for River ahead.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Wonder if it’s coincidence that he’s not in gloves in the video? Also noticed the bottles 🤯

I had questioned her still using the bottles in this thread back in Feb 2023...can't believe it's still there!!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
She’s having a girl. All the things she’s trying on are pink
And all the neutral stuff is being flogged on Vinted! Surely the advantage of her taste in baby clothing is that it should be easy to reuse, but she clearly prefers out and out “girly”.

Reactions: 3