Life Though Ems Eyes - Lifethroughemseyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I don’t have children but I am aware of what sick people are on the internet so I am usually a bit unsure when people my age seem to share so much so freely. Not seen Em do this but I have people on my Instagram showing their kids in the bath and I just think why???

But hell yeah I would definitely be an influencer blagging all the free tit given the chance and I too would probably be trolled. Just the way of the world 🤣

Reactions: 1
Those ugly trainers (which I agree I don’t particularly like them) cost over £500 so I don’t blame her for getting the moneys worth out of them. My trainers cost £45 and I wear them daily, in fact I more of less wear the same 4 outfits, think we all get stuck in a rut. And that’s without newborn twins and a pre-schooler.

Reactions: 2
Those ugly trainers (which I agree I don’t particularly like them) cost over £500 so I don’t blame her for getting the moneys worth out of them. My trainers cost £45 and I wear them daily, in fact I more of less wear the same 4 outfits, think we all get stuck in a rut. And that’s without newborn twins and a pre-schooler.
£500?? Jesus, if I had spent that much on trainers I would wear them everywhere too! Flippin heck!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It’s always the weird leather leggings and those weird chunky trainers. They’re hideous.

Reactions: 4
I know people have made the argument about sharing childrens privacy online in exchange for gifted items and money and the safety and risk around doing that.

For me, it's also about the fact that this is a make believe world. If the app closed down tomorrow, what is your back up? What is your earning stream in the real world? What do you have as a fail safe to ensure the security for you and your family?

Further to this, as a mother to a young daughter myself, do I really want me selling our lives online to be the example she learns? What does this teach our children about ambition and importance in doing a decent days work for your money? Also to know that the influencer role is really selective, not everyone will be a 'chosen' one and make it big. How does that define your self worth?

Theres so many questions morally for me around it that don't sit with my values. How about using your influence to raise awareness on issues instead? It all feels so vapid and dumbed down. All for show.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
£500?? Jesus, if I had spent that much on trainers I would wear them everywhere too! Flippin heck!!
More like how the duck can you afford it when you’re not working. Abit like buying crap Xmas mugs that they will never use. And did you see those cream boots today they looked aboit a size 11

Reactions: 8
More like how the duck can you afford it when you’re not working. Abit like buying crap Xmas mugs that they will never use. And did you see those cream boots today they looked aboit a size 11
she’s an “influencer” though isn’t she so technically she is working whether you agree with it or not. Because I can guarantee she earns more than most of us cos I work full time and definitely cannot afford ballenciaga trainers lol

Reactions: 7
Not really related to Em but I cannot believe people pay so much for those trainers. I know its personal preference but they look awful. Almost like the ones my mum used to make me wear for P.E when I really wanted Ellesse ones like everyone in my class! Sorry if that offends any Balenciaga fans but it seems a bit 'Emperor's New Clothes' to me!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I think Danny bought them for her as a birthday gift but would I duck be spending that on those trainers 😂

Reactions: 5
I couldn’t put my kids online in the same way influencers do after reading about that woman who saw her children on a disgusting chat forum, knocked me sick. I’d feel like I was facilitating it in some way

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.