Liam Payne

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be honest sometimes all it can take is seeing one person be successful that can be make someone compare themselves or trigger something.They’ve all achieved different things but Harry obviously has done quite well for himself maybe cause I think the management team that works for him are just very good at giving him the right image keeping him popular which has been a big help to his career or it’s just him getting lucky but the fact Liam was in a band with Harry grew up with him it might make him feel type of way when he sees Harry he could think how did he get so lucky and more famous while I didn’t. I’m just assuming here as obviously not in Liams mind but from things he has said and his behaviour at times I really do think he struggles with comparing himself not even just with the one direction band mates but other artists.

He’s been very desperate many times to reunite one direction and that career again and it’s made me wish he wasn’t so caught up in that past cause there’s a quote something like “Comparison is the biggest thief of joy” and it’s true. I’m sure he has other things in his life that have had an affect on his mental health and no matter what I wouldn’t wish for anyone to battle with their mind. Using social media probably doesn’t help either cause he’s seeing things about the other band mates or other people he doesn’t know who are achieving things and maybe he wishes that was him. He was in a band for years getting his ego fed and all this attention and money so when that comes to an end and doesn’t carry on in the way you expected I don’t think he’s ever fully been able to get past that. I just hope whatever is going on with him that he has people around him to talk to and he can get himself to a good place mentally being content with his life.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
He needs to find a role in life that give him purpose and is fulfilling .. chasing fame will just bring him down .. he’s had a good bash at the 15 mins.. he needs to try and find a role or path in life that gives him a sense of self worth again

Reactions: 16
This TikTok is from 2 years ago but I think he might not of ever received the help mentally that he really needed all these years to help with any addictions or depression and maybe he didn’t think he needed help or has spent so many years chasing the fame wanting to feel on top of the world like how he did in one direction that along the way he neglected his mental health cause he might of been too caught up in wanting to be rich and famous. It’s sad cause like @youRjokingHunz said Liam needs to find a path in life that gives him a sense of self worth again instead of trying to recreate the past

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I keep forgetting how different he used to look. Getting trendy plastic surgery solidified the fact that he is not well.

I think being a solo artist isn't for him and there is nothing wrong with that. He still has a small handful of followers that flock to whatever he does so he has an open door to doing behind-the-scenes stuff like music video designing or something of that nature.

I think what is holding him back is a couple things: The fact he has only somewhat acknowledged his addiction issues. All he talks about is alcohol but from these live streams he was doing a year or two ago it was pretty obvious he was pretty into coke (neck scratching, gurning). Now it is definitely possible he acknowledges it privately but I doubt it. He needs to stop with the "alternative" treatments like celebrity rehabs and ketamine therapy. He needs to stop searching for validation from 14 year old fans and young girlfriends. He needs to stop seeking attention from social media. He needs to make a real change in his life. Removing friends who are bad influences. I feel like he's not putting in the effort to really improve or change and is just putting it off.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Louis had a uk no1 with his last Album so did. Niall they’re all doing well apart from Liam, Harry is only successful because of partly his talent and a huge part is his management team..
O c’mon no one can name a single song off that album except the Larries 😂

• Haha
He needs to find a role in life that give him purpose and is fulfilling .. chasing fame will just bring him down .. he’s had a good bash at the 15 mins.. he needs to try and find a role or path in life that gives him a sense of self worth again
Helping others who are less fortunate financially or being a parent are great roles for this

I think it’s hard to not feel even a bit sorry for Liam. He had by far the best voice at the X Factor auditions and technically his voice was always the best in the band. For some reason he lost the plot along the way and I could never really work out why … sort of reminds me of Gary Barlow, has the voice, but not that much charisma and stage presence. I always thought Harry was the Robbie of the band - he stood out from the start. Zayn had a great vocal, but too introverted; Louis had a great personality in the band, but not the voice. Niall is likeable and that sells.

Reactions: 16
I don’t mean this horribly but Liam is just too bland to become a huge hitter in the music biz. He was handsome but nothing stood out. He just doesn’t have ‘it’. His voice is fine but not unusual or hugely recognisable. It’s a shame he wasn’t better guided to his strengths. Instead he seemed to grow an ego the size of America, be desperately trying to claw his way around night clubs, woman. social scenes, music producers that were hopeless for what he needed. Niall also had the potential to be bland & not really have it but he was guided to his niche. He’s been able to stay grounded & have this nice, friendly guy image (which I believe he is). I quite enjoy his music, it’s laid back & pleasant. Isn’t going to rock the world but it’s nice on the radio! Harry was the smartest of the lot, from 18, he attached himself to those in the business & with great contacts. He was glued to Nick Grimshaw for a couple years & was constantly hovering around Radio1. He lived with the Winstons around that age too & he a number of much older, very well connected close friends who have undoubtably massively helped his career. He’s done remarkably well for what us fairly mediocre music. It’s alright, some songs are a decent bop. But the way he sells out stadiums, you’d think he was Elton John!

Reactions: 13
When Liam posts photos/videos of the one direction days or speaks about one direction it’s obvious it’s not the boys he’s missing it’s the successful career he had back then he misses that high. He makes it out like he misses the boys but it comes across fake and forced when really he just desperately wants the band back together cause in his mind he thinks that’ll solve all his problems if he has that fame and success again. It’s a very unhealthy way to live to be clinging onto the past. He needs to take a long break from social media in my opinion , get therapy that will really work for him and try focus on doing something in his life that makes him happy instead of chasing something constantly that is just going to keep him feeling lost. No matter how many people around him support him only he can take the big step in sorting his life out and taking care of himself which I hope he does cause he’s so young and there’s so many things in life he could do cause there’s more to life than just wanting to be famous.

Reactions: 7
I feel like he does something cringe or something happens to him every weeks and we all say the same thing but at the end of the day he’s the only one who can help himself and he’s the only one who can change his life, he just needs to find a happy medium doing something that actually makes him feel fulfilled.

Reactions: 8
At this point the other 4 boys would need to each publicly say they have no interest in ever getting one direction back together because that would be the only way it’ll get through to Liam that he’s holding onto the past trying to desperately make something happen that is extremely unlikely to ever happen again. It’s crazy cause the boys shouldn’t have to say anything because you would think Liam would of got the message by now! he needs to focus on something else in his life and get help because if he doesn’t he’s going to stay in the same cycle being unhappy about the same thing.

Reactions: 5
I love one direction and I always will but I just don’t see anything happening for another 20 years at least, I get why Liam misses the band but it’s also confusing because he said in an interview not so long ago that the day the band broke up he was actually really happy because he was so tired and drained apparently.

I feel sorry for Liam but maybe he could spend more time being with his child than trying to chase fame, he might be happier.

Reactions: 6
he must have money, he could take path of something he loves to do (out of spotlight).. he'd have gained much more respect if he had laid low and did the dad thing genuinely with cheryl. i just dont get it

Reactions: 3
Louis has had the least commercial success aside from Liam IMO, but he seems really happy with what he's doing and where he is right now. Small venues, but he plays absolutely loads of them to make up for that. Small fanbase, but the ones he's got are absolutely fanatical about him and will eat up absolutely anything he does and he fosters that by interacting with them frequently. And everything he puts out seems very genuine to him, even if it's not my kind of thing! Haven't listened to him in years but I can guess that one of his concerts would be really fun to go to.

I don't think Liam would be happy to suck up going back to small venues and making music he knows will be less popular but that he actually likes. Instead he's going to try to cling to the past while also hoping he hits upon something that magically catapults him to the top. It's sad to be honest.

Reactions: 10