Learning to drive #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to all you lovelies that passed. My instructor has taken to picking me up from work and letting me drive home now instead of my usual later night lesson. Honestly, I wish we had done this forever ago. Work is around 30 minutes away from where I live in a few towns away nearer the city so the roads are different - there are train and tram tracks, different roads we go the full long way so it takes the full hour to get back to home. Need to practice my maneuvers more but my instructor is really impressed with how I'm handling "real-life" driving as he calls it - in a place where you don't know where people are not as conscientious as they are in my home town (we have a test centre here and there are learner drivers everywhere.. for example on Thursday afternoon I was off work and in the time to get in my husbands car twice during the course of 2 hours we had two learner drivers practicing parallel parking on our car as we tried to leave the house 😂 😂 ).

My test is in July - no lesson next week due to Easter then back on it the week after.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I DID IT!!!!
3rd time lucky this afternoon and didn’t stall once!! My examiner was so so nice I started considering asking her to teach me if I failed lmaoo
Well done! Makes me so happy every time I see another poster has passed - happy driving :)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I posted here a couple of months ago about being anxious getting out and about in my car. 🚗 I’ve done some driving with my partner and a friend in the passenger seat and today I did my first solo drive. 🥹🥲 It is a massive deal to me as learning to drive was something I never thought I would do. 👏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I posted here a couple of months ago about being anxious getting out and about in my car. 🚗 I’ve done some driving with my partner and a friend in the passenger seat and today I did my first solo drive. 🥹🥲 It is a massive deal to me as learning to drive was something I never thought I would do. 👏🏻
Go you!!!! How do you feel 😄🥳

Reactions: 1
Guys, I passed! After last weeks mock, which went so wrong, I was seriously considering postponing my test but I’m so glad I didn’t. It honestly feels like a dream, I don’t know what to do with myself!🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thank you! I feel absolutely elated, I never thought I’d overcome my fears and anxieties after losing my father in a rta. It took me more than 3 years to learn to drive which was a process in itself. 🤣
Amazing!!!! I think it’s totally natural to have had them fears and anxieties when you’ve been through what you have - but you should be incredibly proud of yourself as that is a huge mental block to overcome and the only way is up from here 💙
Guys, I passed! After last weeks mock, which went so wrong, I was seriously considering postponing my test but I’m so glad I didn’t. It honestly feels like a dream, I don’t know what to do with myself!🙈
Congrats!!!! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Amazing!!!! I think it’s totally natural to have had them fears and anxieties when you’ve been through what you have - but you should be incredibly proud of yourself as that is a huge mental block to overcome and the only way is up from here 💙
Thanks so much for your kind words. 💞 I am very proud of what I have achieved and believe in myself a lot more! Excited to venture out more in my little car. 🚗

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Congratulations!!! It must be so surreal- you've done it and now you're set for life! Well done!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Congratulations!!! It must be so surreal- you've done it and now you're set for life! Well done!!!
Thank you!! Driving didn’t come naturally to me and it had taken a long time for me to get to this stage. Multiple times I wanted to give up but when I thought about how much money I’d already spent, I knew I had to continue. I’m just thankful I had an instructor who was patient enough and changed his way of teaching so I’d understand more clearly

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Failed again today 😭 (second time) I feel I’ll just never get it 😔
Please don't give up! I felt like this so I do understand, it just feels impossible. But you will pass - next time, or even the time after that. You'll get there!

Do you have a car to practise in? I found going out in that between lessons and normalising driving really helped me.

Failed again today 😭 (second time) I feel I’ll just never get it 😔
I’m sorry you didn’t pass today, but please remember that actually it is totally okay. I didn’t pass until my 3rd time, I was so upset after my first 2 and felt exactly the same even though I knew I was good enough to pass. Some days it’s just not your day - that’s not a reflection on you. You can drive so keep going - it’ll feel amazing when you do pass and you won’t even remember that it wasn’t the first time. Trust me!

Do you know what you failed on, how did you think it went?

Thanks everyone!! I actually thought I passed… I drove well and it went well (much better than the first) I know what I failed on but at the time thought it would be a minor if anything… it’s the wait for the next test that is awful..

Anyone have any cancellation app recommendations?

Learning to drive is so hard 🙁

• Sad
Thanks everyone!! I actually thought I passed… I drove well and it went well (much better than the first) I know what I failed on but at the time thought it would be a minor if anything… it’s the wait for the next test that is awful..

What did you fail on???

it’s just luck on the day really. You know you can drive, you know what the test is like now, you know you can take another one. You’ll get there, just keep going.

SpeedyTests is what I’ve used, I’ve heard of people using Testi too x

I think they take things into context. Bumping a curb is one thing, not going to cause any damage but going too slow along a slip road could cause a huge accident. I think they gauge it throughout the lesson as to what is just a bit of test nerves versus what is a total error of judgment that could endanger people
I’m certain I nudged the curb in my exam and I thought I’d failed, I either imagined it or the examiner didn’t notice 😂

SpeedyTests is what I’ve used, I’ve heard of people using Testi too x
Yeah Testi was great for me :)