LBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm surprised a man of his means doesn't get his feet done professionally each month. So many diabetics do for this very reason. He spends stupid amounts of money on his socks when he'd be much better spending the money on a chiropodist.
Well this is the guy that wouldn't dream of actually shielding like he should have and would rather use his freedom pass.

He'd much rather use the NHS and wait for his free limited treatments even if his health suffers. Then go on the radio to brag about his "free" NHS chiropractor as if it's a badge of honnor.

Reactions: 2
And.....’they’ are furious that their ‘lovely’ James O’Brien isn’t calling NF out for his alternative views.
As if he would- or, could !!
I am beginning to think that the regular posters over the ‘nasty’ side are quite, quite mad 🤣

Reactions: 3
Nick A is obsessed with saying how the UK and Boris Johnson are #1 for covid deaths in the world and how much better the Philippines are doing. However there's very little between the UK, France and Italy especially when you factor in the UK is over estimating deaths by around 25% compared to other countries measurements.

I wonder if he'll swerve covid all together, which would be nice. Before the current israeli-palestinian conflict he used to like chatting about that, so maybe that'll be what tonight's show starts on?

Reactions: 4
Wasn't listening but I bet it was the one that starts: 'They f*** you up, your mum and dad....'
He did it indeed.

He's just copying Steve Allen. He reads a poem every day :)

Nick Ferrari was annoying me this morning. I know Cressida Dick is not the most exciting speaker but he wouldn't let her get a sentence out today without interrupting.

As for the plank who phoned him up suggesting the police should be whizzing around on electric scooters instead of cars ... :rolleyes:

The emergency services these days rely heavily on GPS to get to calls. Long gone are the days when the emergency services where local and most knew an area. These days they come from all over because it's whichever is available and is sent to attend.

Nick A is obsessed with saying how the UK and Boris Johnson are #1 for covid deaths in the world and how much better the Philippines are doing. However there's very little between the UK, France and Italy especially when you factor in the UK is over estimating deaths by around 25% compared to other countries measurements.

I wonder if he'll swerve covid all together, which would be nice. Before the current israeli-palestinian conflict he used to like chatting about that, so maybe that'll be what tonight's show starts on?
I'm saving my Nick and Carol podcast for when grumpy Nick winds me up in his live shows and then I can replace him with fun Nick. :m

Anybody else seen that comedian who appears on TalkRadio sometimes. He was on a little while ago on Cristo's show. His name is Steve N Allen. I wonder if he took that from Steve Allen haha. Just amused me as Cristo had a falling out with Steve Allen at LBC ha.

Reactions: 1
Anybody else seen that comedian who appears on TalkRadio sometimes. He was on a little while ago on Cristo's show. His name is Steve N Allen. I wonder if he took that from Steve Allen haha. Just amused me as Cristo had a falling out with Steve Allen at LBC ha.
Yeah 😄
Though I think he added the N because the name was already taken

• Haha
Yeah 😄
Though I think he added the N because the name was already taken
I've heard Cristo introduce Steve N Allen when he says something like "the N is very important". :LOL:

I would like to know the full story behind the Cristo/Steve thing. Or maybe Cristo just thinks Steve is creepy, bitter, misogynistic throwback to the last century!

• Haha
I've heard Cristo introduce Steve N Allen when he says something like "the N is very important". :LOL:

I would like to know the full story behind the Cristo/Steve thing. Or maybe Cristo just thinks Steve is creepy, bitter, misogynistic throwback to the last century!
Cristo worked at LBC mainly as a showbiz reporter, doing interviews and theatre reviews. He had a Saturday evening show that covered live events like award ceremonies, Eurovision and suchlike. Perhaps Steve felt that it impinged on 'his' territory. Handbags at dawn! 😉

• Haha
Cristo worked at LBC mainly as a showbiz reporter, doing interviews and theatre reviews. He had a Saturday evening show that covered live events like award ceremonies, Eurovision and suchlike. Perhaps Steve felt that it impinged on 'his' territory. Handbags at dawn! 😉
I think it probably was something like that. After the Saturday evening shows, Cristo went on to doing overnights (I think he took over from Anthony David) and used to hand over to Steve Allen every morning. During these hand overs they developed a lot of banter and it became a bit of feature at the start of Steve's shows. Somehow this broke down though and they stopped talking.

David Lammy - in discussion about not getting to see your GP, a woman is starting to tell him that her 16 year old daughter has long COVID and he immediately and inappropriately interrupts her to say he hasn’t got his sense of smell back. FFS let her speak.

I don't know. I think Cristo might be a bit of a witch himself when he wants to be. You heard the handovers between him and James Whale? Talk about awkward. James doesn't seem to like Cristo whatsoever. I wonder why that is.

Reactions: 4
I don't know. I think Cristo might be a bit of a witch himself when he wants to be. You heard the handovers between him and James Whale? Talk about awkward. James doesn't seem to like Cristo whatsoever. I wonder why that is.
I've noticed that their handovers are a bit cold, totally different personalities/presenting styles so probably just don't gel. At least they do handovers though, I remember that Mike Graham & Matthew Wright (whose shows were back to back) didn't do them - now they really hated each other! I swear that James also clashed with Iain Lee (who used to have Cristo's slot) before.

David Lammy - in discussion about not getting to see your GP, a woman is starting to tell him that her 16 year old daughter has long COVID and he immediately and inappropriately interrupts her to say he hasn’t got his sense of smell back. FFS let her speak.
Wow, long Covid at 16. How horrible.

I've noticed that their handovers are a bit cold, totally different personalities/presenting styles so probably just don't gel. At least they do handovers though, I remember that Mike Graham & Matthew Wright (whose shows were back to back) didn't do them - now they really hated each other! I swear that James also clashed with Iain Lee (who used to have Cristo's slot) before.
Oh really, I didn't know those two hated each other. Any idea why? I know Matthew Wright is more to the left in his political, but is that mostly the reason?

James Whale does come off as blunt, even to Dawn Neesom and Mark Dolan, but he seems to actually like them, but with Cristo it just seems like he cannot stand him haha. He's started calling Cristo the geography teacher now haha.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.