LBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
James O'Brien has just said no less than two brexit taxi drivers this weekend have thanked him for explaining why they were wrong and they now deeply regret it. Anyone else just not buy it?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
James O'Brien on the topic of the difficulties of protecting rural areas from flood damage to "rich people don't want to pay for poor people's children's with cancer to be looked after" 😲

I know he reaches alot, but every day he's stretching further.

For what it's worth you just can't put up flood defences everywhere, millions of homes are built on flood plains and flood defences often just shift them elsewhere. There's not some easy solution.

Reactions: 1
Nick Ferrari is definitely working from how and it's a bit of a mess. I wonder why he hasn't even mentioned it?

Nick Ferrari is definitely working from how and it's a bit of a mess. I wonder why he hasn't even mentioned it?
He’s a massive bleep. He’s bosom buddies with Boris Johnson and won’t want to put anything out there that could contradict what he’s said (BJ never mandated that everyone should wfh, it’s basically been left to companies to decide. Mine has just told everyone they’ve got to come in even tho we can wfh, I’m pregnant so not).

Also he’ll want to laud judgment down at people for wfh whilst he does the same thing the head.

• Haha
Yep, can't stand him. Can't actually understand him, sounds like he's swallowed a dictionary. Even if I agreed with anything he says which I don't it's too much work just trying to understand.

Yep, can't stand him. Can't actually understand him, sounds like he's swallowed a dictionary. Even if I agreed with anything he says which I don't it's too much work just trying to understand.
JOB I'm talking about. I only regularly listen to steve allen though there are some others I'll listen to here and there.

Reactions: 2
Theo Usherwood is in hospital with pneumonia and suspected covid-19, hope he gets better soon and it has been funny not hearing him so much.

he must have been so tired and run down, he didnt have a day off for months with the elections and Brexit.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Yeah you'd hear him sometimes at 6am with Steve Allen phoning in and nick abbot at 10pm on the same day. Was still on so much even when Brexit went down the agenda.

Yeah you'd hear him sometimes at 6am with Steve Allen phoning in and nick abbot at 10pm on the same day. Was still on so much even when Brexit went down the agenda.
you‘re like me - I listen all day too x

you‘re like me - I listen all day too x
Pretty much, I have smart speakers in every room but it's always on lbc. I cheat and go over to talk radio when Steve Allen is in conversation or they're talking about a particularly grim court case.

On the plus side with COVID-19 nick abbot is much more listenable now he's not sneering at brexitors all night

• Haha
Theo has just called James OB and he's being discharged this afternoon. Pretty emotional him telling people to stay at home so that the NHS is overwhelmed, if that doesn't encourage people to take it seriously I don't know what will.

Theo has just called James OB and he's being discharged this afternoon. Pretty emotional him telling people to stay at home so that the NHS is overwhelmed, if that doesn't encourage people to take it seriously I don't know what will.
such an emotional interview, Theo seems lovely and he was close to tears.

Even Theo is getting pissed off with James OB and the silly things he makes up to try to make a point (then repeat 3 times as if it's genius).

How can James ob be so anti Katy Hopkins but not realise he's just as bad 🤦‍♀️ different cheeks of the same ass springs to mind.

Reactions: 4
@Yel pls tell me you also ordered a groovy gang tote? 🤪 I couldn’t help myself 😂 my mum got me the tea towel for Xmas.

@Yel pls tell me you also ordered a groovy gang tote? 🤪 I couldn’t help myself 😂 my mum got me the tea towel for Xmas.
I bought one, I don't even use tote bags and I'm cringing everytime Steve says groovy gang 🤪

• Haha
I bought one, I don't even use tote bags and I'm cringing everytime Steve says groovy gang 🤪
LOVE! Brilliant. I can’t wait to take mine to waitrose to buy 3 bottles of Prosecco.... apparently he’s only just started to drink his Prosecco chilled?!! He’s an animal.

• Haha
LOVE! Brilliant. I can’t wait to take mine to waitrose to buy 3 bottles of Prosecco.... apparently he’s only just started to drink his Prosecco chilled?!! He’s an animal.
😂Is he drinking Waitrose prosecco these days?

I remember him going to iceland every day to try to stock up on theirs but most days left without buying anything. Then he said he wasn't drinking for a bit.

I often wake up at 4-5am and put him on while I fall back asleep. I'm never sure if I'm imagining what he said

I used to love LBC. But James O’Brien is too depressing to listen. Feel like slitting my wrists after 3 hours of him. Nick Ferrari is ok, but possibly a bit too right wing for me. Shelagh Forgery is way too woke for me. Iain Dale is by far the best on that station, he is wasted on there. I listen to Talk Radio - come over Iain Dale, join us!!!

• Heart
Nick Ferrari getting some very bad press this week. I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I do enjoy listening to him in the morning - I couldn’t cope with James OB lecturing me first thing.

I used to love LBC. But James O’Brien is too depressing to listen. Feel like slitting my wrists after 3 hours of him. Nick Ferrari is ok, but possibly a bit too right wing for me. Shelagh Forgery is way too woke for me. Iain Dale is by far the best on that station, he is wasted on there. I listen to Talk Radio - come over Iain Dale, join us!!!
Sheila Forgery! 😂 Is that a typo or a nickname?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.