LBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven’t heard Sophie for ages, but I started taking magnesium supplements and have cleaned up sleep routine so I sleep better and quicker now!

I don’t agree with a word Nicky A says politically, but enjoy the show. Actually I used to hate the show til he called people who moan about heatwave weather “misanthropes” at which point I got on board 😂

don’t like Sheila either - I catch her sometimes if I’m out in the car for work, and agree Bev was far better.

I quite miss the sex show - it was listening to that in a separate bed from my husband post last baby (up for feeds not marital strife generally) which was a bit of a call to action re intimacy.

the Indian man who starts polite and then blows his top? Was on last week, but NA cut him off before he really lost his tit as had the news.
Haven’t heard the Scottish preacher from the north east for a while Altho he was spotted at the extinction rebellion protests last year.

Reactions: 1
I quite miss the sex show - it was listening to that in a separate bed from my husband post last baby (up for feeds not marital strife generally) which was a bit of a call to action re intimacy.
Ooh I'd forgotten about that, yes that was good especially the hand over to nick.

@Mustard I believe it was Lucy Beresford.

As much as I like Steve I hate in conversation. Steve does fawn over certain terrible people just because he liked them in an interview.

Reactions: 2
Ooh I'd forgotten about that, yes that was good especially the hand over to nick.

@Mustard I believe it was Lucy Beresford.

As much as I like Steve I hate in conversation. Steve does fawn over certain terrible people just because he liked them in an interview.

What time of the day are all these people on?

God I HATE in conversation. The interviews are either totally fawning or so, so awkward, he spouts utter drivel and when they’re going badly it’s just cringe. Also hate how I end up hearing them twice - effectively the same luvvies bookending my weekend. YAWN.

love a bit of LBC.... absolutely loath O’Brien he blocked me on Twitter when I told him he was a knob head... can’t stand Sheila either and Nick Abbot does my head
Steve is a lovely man lives in my neck of the woods and always says hello if I see him out and about ... he is very theatrical and show biz

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I listen to most of them all day. Even the ones that irritate me 😂

Steve Allen is hilarious, Nick Ferrari cutting people off mid call “for time” is one of my favourite things, especially if they’re ranting. JOB is SO insincerely earnest and woke. Shelagh Fogherty is ok but can veer to preachy and I’ve noticed her mid sentence gulps once so now they duck me off every time I hear them. Clive Bull and Iain Dale are good listens and I think Tom Swarbrick has a sexy voice 😂 Think Nick Abbott’s humour has past it’s sell by date. Nigel Farage is irritating as duck but he does debate pretty well. Maajid is very heavy going and he is guilty of not letting people speak and going on a rant but also covers bloody interesting topics, especially over things I have no idea about. But I think he also can’t get his head around how culturally different and less diverse the majority of the country is from London.

There‘s one advert on at the moment that absolutely does my tits in - London electric one. The woman’s enunciation is like nails down a chalkboard to my ears - “communi’y ” “lahndahn” “vihbrahn’” Fack offffffffff.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I rather like Matt Stadlen! Kept me company through pregnancy insomnia. Steve A is just so repetitive and just reads gossip stuff from the Daily Mail.
loads of LBC have moved to Talk radio like Cristo

Think Nick Abbott’s humour has past it’s sell by
It's really funny the fall from grace, after in conversation it's one of the worst shows. He needs carol or someone else it's time to have a break imo. Lots seem to have fallen out of love with him.

The way he talks down to everyone that think differently to him is getting too much. Always on about experts and people don't agree with them while always cherry picking experts to back him up. "Experts" are always disagreeing with eachother! Just because one expert thought one thing with the data they had doesn't make it an undeniable fact.

Didn't relalse the what's your problem with nick and carol podcast came out this week, downloaded and ready to go.

Matt S was talking about being on dating apps at the moment this morning, so the break up must have been a while ago. Then he said he was half Jewish, I don't know much about these things but thought you were Jewish if your mum was and no such thing as a half jew. That's what I gleamed from the apprentice and Vanessa feltz one year.

Tom swarbrick is somewhat endearing, I do like the trail he does for nick Ferrari and whatever that voice is to say on LBC.

"Steve Allen fell IN his oven, and you find this funny Sophie?" 😂

I listen to Tom at night. 10-1. Though I'm usually asleep by 1130. He came to my house once to interview me live for a morning show when he didnt have his own slot. Lovely guy. It was about school places.

• Heart
Bitter little James o Brian this morning with a full 17 monologue about how the world is going to end because it’s brexit day 😂😂😂

• Haha
"Just as public service for the furiously hard thinking" 🙄

• Haha
Bitter little James o Brian this morning with a full 17 monologue about how the world is going to end because it’s brexit day 😂😂😂
“I don’t mean to be patronising or condescending...”

I lolled

He loves an echo chamber doesn’t he 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
"I'd love nothing more than being wrong" then launches into why he can't possibly be wrong. He's more ridiculous than nige at this point.

"The only country on earth to ever impose economic sanctions on themselves" he seems to say every day, I didn't vote for Brexit and don't want it but this statement isn't as smart as he thinks it is.

• Heart
"I'd love nothing more than being wrong" then launches into why he can't possibly be wrong. He's more ridiculous than nige at this point.

"The only country on earth to ever impose economic sanctions on themselves" he seems to say every day, I didn't vote for Brexit and don't want it but this statement isn't as smart as he thinks it is.
“If you’re jubilant, give me tangible reasons why your life will be better out of the EU. I don’t mean the colour of the passport...”

he always frames questions where the opponent will struggle and he can claim logical superiority. He knows damned well no one can say with absolute certainty with what benefits we will feel in the future because we haven’t lived it yet! Then he argues that any benefits are all rhetoric and what-iffery in his usual melancholic, faux-altruistic wank.

Yel

Anyone else listening to Maajid? Enjoying it today!
I missed it on Saturday, what was it about?

Really enjoyed Sundays show with him giving logic and reason to all the SNP supporters, if only job could do that rather than just cutting them off.

I missed it on Saturday, what was it about?

Really enjoyed Sundays show with him giving logic and reason to all the SNP supporters, if only job could do that rather than just cutting them off.
He was talking about social contract and how Britain needs to be a multi ethnic but not multi cultural society. Really put people in their places!

did you catch the section where he discussed primary schools being taught about gender reassignment and different types of relationships? Again he tied those who believed it was wrong up in knots and face their own prejudice. He’s very skilled at debate!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.