Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Ok, I found the footage of Iain Dale and did some wizardry so that you can see. The things I do for you bunch of losers. :rolleyes:😬:cautious: Seriously though, trying to cave-in some blokes head when you were a 'spin doctor' ain't good. I think this happened about 10 years ago and people can change (I'm just saying that, I don't fully believe it).

e-Caution-After-Protester-Scuffle-ezgif-com-resize.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I stumbled across this story from 9 years ago but that wasn't what disturbed me the most, it was the photo. For a bloke who doesn't really do much and has no money worries per se, the aging process is quite remarkable. The Brexit Effect or an old audition photo for German electronic band Kraftwerk?

Image2.jpg

Image1a.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
This is what Jobby will be doing on Sunday. at the Hay-on -Wye Festival. It looks like a riot of fun.

Peter Foster and James O’Brien
Brexit Britain
Sunday 26 May 2024, 5.30pm – Global Stage
Brexit: who is responsible, how did it all go wrong and what can we do? As more and more people discover that the Brexit they were sold was based on falsehoods, FT public policy editor Peter Foster’s What Went Wrong With Brexit dispels the myths. Most importantly, he shows what a better future for Britain might look like.

Bold and incisive as ever, LBC’s James O’Brien reveals the shady network of influence that has made the UK a country of strikes, shortages and scandals in How They Broke Britain. He maps the web that connects dark think tanks to Downing Street, journalists complicit in misleading the public, and media bosses pushing their own agenda. The journalists discuss what Brexit promised but failed to deliver, with journalist Emma Graham-Harrison.

Even if I lived for 400 years, I still wouldn't have enough time 😴

• Haha

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I turned on Tom just now and it was the same subject so found myself reaching for the off button again.
I did the exact same thing! I just turned back on at 5pm and Tom was in full gas-lighting mode, talking about how polls show that people don't trust politicians and that politicians are only in it for themselves. I thought to myself, how about a poll on how many people don't trust for-profit, legacy media these days, or how the standard of journalism is at an all-time low (partly because most journalists are getting laid-off and replaced by gobshites). The link between politics and mass-media is hardly ever talked about on LBC, but it's rotten and divisive.

I know Paul Brand who got the interview is one of theirs (LBC as well as ITN) and that Sunak is the hate figure of the moment, but some of this stuff is starting to sound like a media witch-hunt.
Paul Brand high-horsed that Rishi interview to such a degree it was frankly embarassing. It actually got picked-up on an American Media podcast I listen to (The Press Box) and they were laughing at it ..."A D-Day Veteran was almost in tears Prime Minister, etc. etc.". Honestly. :rolleyes:

Theodore

VIP Member
Newspaper pundits are predicting that he'll be dropped from Starmer's new cabinet.
Good. He’s absolutely useless. Pray to God they don’t revert to Thornbury for it. In fact who in the Labour Party would be fitting to represent the U.K. on the world stage?

Answers on a postcard.

neroli

VIP Member
It can be done though. Nick Abbot has managed it for years. There is little information about his personal life out there. He doesn't even say what area of London he lives in. You pick up bits and pieces from his podcast. He must have a partner because he does say 'we' whenever he mentions going somewhere. Clive Bull is the same. They both come in, do their show and that's it.
How refreshing.

FunkyPhil

A bit awkward for Jimbo with people obviously spending money and enjoying themselves.

Anyway how old are his daughters now? Surely he could have let them go on their own without a party pooper for company.

After all the streets of London are perfectly safe under the glorious reign of Mayor Khan.
I would imagine James is a laugh a minute on a night out. He'd be imagining Tory conspiracies and Brexit negatives coming at him from every direction! He no doubt told his daughter that the bottle of water she'd just paid £3 for would have been much cheaper if we'd remained in the EU.:p!

• Haha

FunkyPhil

I'm sure he's perfectly sincere. Broadcasting from LBC's Westminster studio must put him in touch with Tory high command. It's possible that the suggestion came from them. I recall them asking Ferrari to stand as Mayor of London and him refusing on the grounds that he couldn't afford the pay cut! ;)
He's going for the Tunbridge Wells seat - despite apparently not liking the place (!) - where Conservative Greg Clark had 55% of the vote last time, second placed Lib Dems 28%, Labour 14%. But he's not been selected yet so one might assume there have been some pretty serious nods and winks. I notice that his name is still on next week's LBC schedule so maybe they're holding fire on replacing him just in case. The candidate will be confirmed tomorrow evening and I'd eat my hat (if I had one!) if it wasn't Iain!

Moley1

Chatty Member
James O’Brien has just taken a very long call from James in Durham who is clearly very racist and a big supporter of Farage. He totally dismantled James’s arguments but he still went away think that Nigel Farage and Tommy Robinson are spot on.
Whatever you think of O’Brien he is very good at exposed right wing bigots.
Apparently there are street in Oldham where “foreigners” outnumber the police. There are streets everywhere in the country where the residents outnumber the police. I am all for democracy, but perhaps there needs to be an IQ test to weed out some of the poor gullible souls.

Redvers36

VIP Member
I used to watch and enjoy HIGNFY about 20 or so years ago. I used to watch it with my late father. As a kid I used to always be going through his collection of 'Punch', edited of course by the late, great Alan Coren. Such a shame the way his awful, bone-idle, children turned-out. I just can't watch it now, it just seems to be a procession of self-satisfied millionaires (see Victoria and Giles). I guess as I've gotten older my prejudices against the metropolitan liberal luvvie elite have become more pronounced! It's on me, I know that. :cautious: Oh, and Paul Merton has never been funny, EVER ... well, perhaps once on Whose Line Is It Anway.
Actually Victoria Coren has turned into a bit of a case study unlike her consistently unpleasant brother.

I have been a fan for many years of Only Connect. Along the way it has been a long-running successful series presented well by a woman.

However in the latest series via a series of increasingly unfunny references to a book she is writing in her mind she has shown another side to her character. Not only self-obsession on the Jimbo scale but the inability to note that she had become quite a bore.

A shame as I had previously thought she handled the show well.......

Sorry for the off topic diversion.